Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

His Dudeness

Augur
Does the DLC add anything of significance? Finished the game, really liked it when I was playing it but can't really conjure the will to play it again, looking back it seems so bland.

Codex Year of the Donut
Some people live with their decisions and don't see the point of making multiple saves since they can't foresee that inXile would release multiple mid-game DLCs.
The concept of this is lost on most of the codex, they have to save every 5 seconds in case they want to go back and change a tiny decision they made.
Same people will clamor for "choice & consequences" btw

Jimmious

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Hello fellow autists
after a long codex absence I logged in to say that I'm slowly playing WL3 whenever I get some time in my hands (which is rare).
I really like the game BUT.... why the FUCK can't I sort my inventory filled with a billion crap?
For the love of god the simplest of functions

That is all

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
That might be true in your case but probably not for the wider audience of WL3.

I've been using rolling multiple saves ever since the Fallout 1 instruction manual encouraged me to do so. But I imagine a lot of more casual players, especially those on consoles, don't.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Early in development of Wasteland 3 we had additional soundtrack recordings done that ultimately weren't used in the final game. Here is one such unreleased recording. This is "Down in the Valley" by Robert Francis.

gothfox

Liturgist
I'm also playing it right now, finally. The UI is much too consolized for my taste and I don't like it that I can't unzoom more, but everything else feels like a solid improvement over WL2.

ferratilis

Magister
Definitely. There was another thread for nominating GOTY for 2021, and I've only played PoE2, Disco Elysium and Kingmaker this year lol. Nothing to nominate, I guess. Also, Kingmaker is probably not the same game in 2021 that it was in 2018, so the results might be vastly different.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Does it look like the Colorado Collection will be the final form of the game? Still waiting to play this.
That's the final DLC and it was released in August of last year. I'd say that's practically the end, barring any necessary patches for the DLC.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/post/wasteland-3-patch-1-5-3-now-live

Wasteland 3 Patch 1.5.3 Now Live

c84f3a_a5976d04a4314e888ecd413d4fd0a3c2~mv2.webp

9/30 Note: Patch 1.5.3 is available on all platforms with exception to PlayStation, which will be released early tomorrow Oct 1.

Rangers, although you may have been washed in the blood of the lamb you haven’t yet prayed at the altar of the Holy Detonation… but fear not! We aim to change that and have you fully prepared for the glowing transformation that is soon to come. Today’s Patch 1.5.3 lays the behind-the-scenes groundwork that will make for a smooth update process when Cult of the Holy Detonation is released on October 5. Along with these discreet amendments, we have a few fixes and changes to the released content as well.

As ever, thanks for continuing the good fight with us in Colorado. Good luck to you and your squad in the adventure to come. Something tells us you’re gonna need it.

Gameplay
  • Assault Rifles have been beefed up to let you play out your deepest Rambo fantasies:
  • Double Tap will now crit on every bullet that hits its target, rather than just the first one. Heads will pop.
  • Puncturing Shot now does +100% damage on targets that are either Stunned or have Damaged Armor. Poke them holes!
  • Stormer now also applies to Assault Rifle weapons in addition to SMGs. Flank away!
  • Fixed a bug that caused the Opportunist perk to add +5% to the Strike Meter for all weapons. It now only works for handguns as intended.
  • Stun Resistance was giving us some resistance to working the way it should and now works as intended. A character with 100% Stun Resistance is now.... (you guessed it!) 100% resistant to being stunned!
  • We resolved a lingering issue that could result in a discrepancy between the Patriarch’s final dialog about Steeltown’s resolution, and the game’s ending slides.
  • The conversation with Quarex should now always trigger properly, allowing players to properly progress with the mission ‘Quarex's Hellacious Journey.’
  • Fishlips now correctly takes off to Denver if he is directed there, instead of saying he’ll go and then just oddly hang out at Union Station like a friend who says they’re leaving the party and then you see them again an hour later and you’re like dude you’re still here? He won’t do that.
  • World map merchants can now properly reappear even after players have encountered them before.
  • Fixed a rounding error that could result in selling multiple items not yielding an equitable sum of video game currency the same as when said items are sold individually. It’s basic video game economics and we’re proud to adhere to this global standard.
User Interface
  • Improvements to the Inspection Window in the upper right corner of the game screen have been made. When using mouse & keyboard, it will now remember the last character you had hovered on, so that you can more easily view tooltips for their stats and status effects.
  • The pedestal out front of Ranger HQ no longer has a name displayed before players decide to name the statue that... (spoiler) may go there. In your heart, you can name the pedestal whatever you want though, we don’t mind. We named ours Hank. Hank Pedestal. He’s an amateur microbiologist.
  • Holding the left stick or arrow key in the crafting screen will now also accelerate the quantities of items selected there.
  • Saving manually will reset the timer showing the time since last save.
Console
  • Under the hood improvements were made for Yuma Speedway & Ranger HQ to reduce the amount of memory these scenes required, making these areas more stable.
  • We resolved an issue that was sometimes preventing players from changing new Rangers’ names.
Co-op
  • We resolved an issue that was resulting in guest players sometimes encountering doors with unresolvable lockpick skill checks.
  • Player UI markers in cooperative mode have been adjusted to help more clearly identify which character is selected and which squad group the characters are being controlled from.
  • When Gonzalez radios players about the statue out front of Ranger HQ, both players will now receive that transmission.
That's all for now Rangers! Be sure to bundle up and throw a few more bullets into the Kodiak before heading out to investigate Cheyenne Mountain in our second and final expansion to Wasteland 3, Cult of the Holy Detonation, arriving on all platforms on October 5.

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member

https://af.gog.com/game/wasteland_3_cult_of_the_holy_detonation?as=1649904300

https://www.inxile-entertainment.com/post/cult-of-the-holy-detonation-out-now

Cult of the Holy Detonation Out Now!

Wasteland 3: Cult of the Holy Detonation is now available for PC, Xbox, and PlayStation!

Cult of the Holy Detonation brings together years of experience developing Wasteland 3, allowing us to create some of our best environments, creatures, weapons, and designs, and put them all into the subterranean, mutant-infested government stronghold of Cheyenne Mountain. It’s a blast.

The Desert Rangers will once again need to dive into a messy situation, sort out the major players and their motivations, and if necessary, take them to task. In true Wasteland fashion your decisions can have wide-reaching repercussions, and the decisions you’ve made up until this point can and will impact how the events within Cheyenne Mountain play out. This expansion also introduces objective-based combats, which are marquee events that require you to use your squad in new and unexpected ways. It’s going to put even the most battle-hardened among you to the test. For an extra challenge, try it on Supreme Jerk, with difficult skill checks and permadeath turned on, while being level 16. We dare you.

We’re excited to see players jump into this final piece of the Ranger story in Colorado and are eager to hear what you think.

Get Cult of the Holy Detonation a la carte or as part of the Expansion Pass from these fine retailers:
file.jpg

Cult of the Holy Detonation is also available in the Colorado Collection bundle, which includes the base game, The Battle of Steeltown, and Colorado Survival Gear bonus items all for a single low price—and it’s on sale! The Colorado Collection is 30% off until October 19, making this an incredible time for new players to jump into post-apocalyptic Colorado.

Be sure to tell at least five strangers about where they can purchase the Colorado Collection or you'll have seven years of bad luck:
With the release of Cult of the Holy Detonation, the story of the Desert Rangers in Colorado has come to an end, and we’d like to thank our original crowdfunding backers for making this possible, our Microsoft partners for elevating the Wasteland 3 experience to new heights, and our publisher Prime Matter for bringing these experiences to the masses.

What’s next for inXile? You’ll have to stay tuned. But in the meantime, there are some cultists to deal with. We’ll see you in the wasteland, Rangers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jrpgfan

Erudite
The full game with all the expansions is cheaper on steam than the expansion pass alone on Xbox gamepass.

I see what you did there, Fargo. Nice play, faggot, but I won't fall for it. I'll wait for monocled codexers opinions to see if it's worth it.

ferratilis

Magister
I'm also waiting for someone here to share their impressions now that the game is complete. Although the price of the Colorado Collection is really tempting. Some people on Steam forums are still complaining about game-breaking bugs, is that still a thing?

It seems that the marketing for this DLC and the collection was non-existent. It's good that they reduced the price in most regions, it's a pro-consumer move, but I'm not sure if they did it because they doubt the quality of their own game or because Fargo is being a bro. Or maybe he has something up his sleeve, like a Director's Cut?
vEyXhdt.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom