Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 + Battle of Steeltown and Cult of the Holy Detonation Expansions Thread

Barbarian

Arcane
I have enjoyed the game, but all comments I have seem so far are pretty universal in claiming that the dlc is absolute crap and not worth a replay. I kind of stuck by it.

Sykar

Arcane
You've probably already played most since the last 5 years have been pretty lean in the proper RPG department. ATOM RPG + Trudograd, Fallout Nevada/Resurrection/Sonora, Archolos, Expeditions Viking, Titan Outpost, The Quest, Dex, Underrail, Age of Decadence, Shadowrun Hong Kong, and Brigand Oaxaca. Maybe West of Loathing, Vigilantes, Knights of the Chalice 2, Bloodstained, and Elex.

Ain't nobody got time for that shit
Obligatory

:happytrollboy:

Dhaze

Cipher
I have enjoyed the game, but all comments I have seem so far are pretty universal in claiming that the dlc is absolute crap and not worth a replay. I kind of stuck by it.

Cult Of The Holy Detonation is not so good, but I enjoyed my time playing through the Battle Of Steeltown about as much as through the main game.

It has its problem. Mainly that whatever you do in Steeltown doesn't seem to have any real impact in Colorado at large, at least not while the game is still going on (end slides are dealt with appropriately), whereas it should be of capital import. Aside from that: a narrative misstep here; quite a contentious design decision for combat there; also one truly stupid take on a potential resolution to Steeltown's inner conflict; but overall no complaint that couldn't also be leveled against the main game.

Barbarian

Arcane

Cult Of The Holy Detonation is not so good, but I enjoyed my time playing through the Battle Of Steeltown about as much as through the main game.

It has its problem. Mainly that whatever you do in Steeltown doesn't seem to have any real impact in Colorado at large, at least not while the game is still going on (end slides are dealt with appropriately), whereas it should be of capital import. Aside from that: a narrative misstep here; quite a contentious design decision for combat there; also one truly stupid take on a potential resolution to Steeltown's inner conflict; but overall no complaint that couldn't also be leveled against the main game.

I know it is a spoilery question, but does steeltown at least gives you an alternative option to solve the energy problem?

I remember that to get the "good" ending where you take down the patriarch without actually siding with slavers and causing anarchy forced you to side with the Reagan worshippers, all the while the idea of freeing the Reagan AI and sending it to the robot commune sounded better but screwed things up.

I imagine solving the steeltown issue should provide an alternative where you release Reagan and still manage to keep the Patriarch's subjects on your side. If not that is just lazy on the dev's part

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
I know it is a spoilery question, but does steeltown at least gives you an alternative option to solve the energy problem?
It's a factory, they don't produce the oil that Colorado Springs needs for energy.

However the Cult of Holy Detonation involves a nuclear power plant and you can in fact use that as an alternative. (too bad it's a universally reviled DLC) :P

Parabalus

Arcane

Game drags on too long with them, just skip.

Barbarian

Arcane
Would a bro reccomend a decent game to try? Last actual game I have actually enjoyed and managed to play through to the end was this.

WOTR was too faggy and woke. Wartales was pretty good but I have decided to hold on until final release. Expeditions: Rome bored me before I could finish it.

I'm not sure I have actually missed something that was released last few years, but being that I hadn't actually heard of wartales until recently probably.

Doesn't have to be turnbased, but a party-based rpg with a decent enough premise and gameplay, and also not infected by terminal wokeness. Sandbox is ok but the likes of Bannerlord are such a disappointment.

Parabalus

Arcane
Would a bro reccomend a decent game to try? Last actual game I have actually enjoyed and managed to play through to the end was this.

WOTR was too faggy and woke. Wartales was pretty good but I have decided to hold on until final release. Expeditions: Rome bored me before I could finish it.

I'm not sure I have actually missed something that was released last few years, but being that I hadn't actually heard of wartales until recently probably.

Doesn't have to be turnbased, but a party-based rpg with a decent enough premise and gameplay, and also not infected by terminal wokeness. Sandbox is ok but the likes of Bannerlord are such a disappointment.

Naheulbeuk fits the bill.

Barbarian

Arcane

Naheulbeuk fits the bill.

Not really interested in that, but thanks for the tip.

Barbarian

Arcane
I am soon halfway through Wasteland 2 DC. Currently WL 3 is 67% reduced on Steam so around 15 Euro bucks for the whole thing or 10 for the base game. Is the game worth it at that price?

Yes. Specially if you enjoyed Wasteland 2. W3 is a much better game.

Barbarian

Arcane
I played wasteland 3 without any dlc and everybody here convinced me a replay with the dlc wasn't worth it.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Never even heard of that. Wants me to log in with google or facebook...
Never heard of Humble Bundle?

Well, I'll be...

You should not have to log in with either of those. I've had an account for ages.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik

Knights of the Chalice I-II
Escape from the Pit
Legend of Grimrock I-II
Neo Scavenger
Brigand Oaxaca
Kenshi
Grimoire
Underrail

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom