Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wasteland Wasteland 3 Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

sser

Arcane
Developer
Looks like it'll be free on Game Pass? Crusader Kings 3 by the looks of it. That or I don't understand this Xbox/PC platform shit.

CyberModuled

Arbiter
Well hey, nice to know they'll be some thoughts on it by users in here before full release. Also full OST out now

Looks like it'll be free on Game Pass? Crusader Kings 3 by the looks of it. That or I don't understand this Xbox/PC platform shit.
Exceptions to the rule exist but usually if it's on Gamepass, it's for both PC/Xbox immediately. And yes, W3 will be day one for PC for subscribers to the system (and CK3 too but I dunno why anyone wants to play that day one).

Infinitron

I post news
Staff Member
Codex Year of the Donut Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I think some people here might be confused about how this works. Backers are getting keys, yes, but the game still won't be available for download until launch day.

cpmartins

Cipher

DeepOcean

Arcane
I see people are going to pirate this, is pirating this as a payment for NumaNuma and Wasteland 2 a valid moral argument? I mean, if Brian scammed me twice, can I scam him once? It is a karma thing.

Codex Year of the Donut
I see people are going to pirate this, is pirating this as a payment for NumaNuma and Wasteland 2 a valid moral argument? I mean, if Brian scammed me twice, can I scam him once? It is a karma thing.
pirating is only valid if you are on one of the platforms that they delayed the release for

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Clever people should wait for the better version with less bug and complete contents even for pirated games.

Daedalos

Arcane
The Real Fanboy
GET HYPE

Honestly, this looks better than WL2 in pretty much every way, which is a great sign. WL2 Directors cut was decent, albeit abit based and tedicious in the long run, but still quite enjoyable..

I expect WL3 to improve upon all the bad shit from WL2 and enforcing the good parts, making it somewhat of a fairly decent RPG this time around, as well.

Certainly it's gonna be one of the most hyped releases this year, save for CP 2077.

We'll see come friday won't we, though?

I'll do a mini/medium first impressions post during the weekend.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I'm looking forward to this, but since I still haven't played all the kickstarter RPGs I backed in the last couple of years, I think I won't play Wasteland 3 for at least a year. I will probably wait for the definitive edition.

Doktor Best

Arcane
Claimed my key.

In short: Expect a lot of reading. I mean a LOT. Expect edginess. Better graphics, and I dare say, better combat.

How did you get your key? I haven't gotten any email yet and this crowdox page has the actual Wasteland 3 item in my pledge "locked by digital fulfillment"

I recall liking WL2, minus some odd crashes, and having troubles at the final area due to lack of ammo or something before the DC hit.

I dunno I really enjoyed WL2, I do hope WL3 isn't just a crap shoot it looks good.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Is this good?

I'm not sure why some devs are so focused on their RPGs being fully voiced. This has always proven to be a detriment for dialogue-heavy games, and adds on untold hours to dev when it could've been spent on other things.

I dunno, maybe I'm a cheap bastard.

jackofshadows

Magister
I'm not sure why some devs are so focused on their RPGs being fully voiced.
Simple. Broad audience is requesting it. They cba to read lines and lines of text from a couch or something. Why do you think Larian recorded tons of additional VO for already a released game - D:OS?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom