Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
I've reworked the fish some:
QFil1zx.gif

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
I'm now working on an alternative for the rage button. Any resemblance to a codex is purely coincidental.

31X26gz.jpg

Do you prefer with or without the cock? I'd say this is my magnum opus.

Work process, from bottom to top:
VFI5SXv.gif

RuyAaxi.gif

HUEk6X0.gif

Mpzw8tk.gif

eiNJ3VR.gif

Xf9qTrC.gif

48OTWEo.png

r6uozzU.png

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
You mean that, despite all the trolling, I’m only ignored by three people?! Even with a wanking Dixon smiley?
DYc9pBW.jpg

I’m saying three because Zombra can’t commit to anything, it’s not in his nature. He’ll say he’s putting you on ignore for dramatic effect and then keep quietly and rating everything you do. He might even reply to this right here, poor guy.

I’m getting closer to the 50 ‘stop posting’ milestone:
8XNNZkG.jpg

Keep it up, it didn’t work the first 43 times, maybe I’ll start doing what you tell me to do at 44? Ironically, if people ignored everything I say and do, I’d just stop. How long before they figure it out now that it’s been spelled out for them I wonder?

Hirato

Purse-Owner
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex USB, 2014 Shadorwun: Hong Kong
The animated reactions are the key reason behind this site's performance woes, so the last thing we need is for even more of them to be animated.
I wonder if there's any merit to merging them into a sprite sheet, like the original ratings were:
spritesheet.png

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Ismaul
I think you’re being disingenuous/dishonest here. I question your integrity.

I’ve unblocked you because I know you can give constructive feedback (you have), that is point out the shortcomings if applicable.

I therefore challenge you to point out the flaws of this and how it’s worse than the current “fishy” button.

QFil1zx.gif
vs
X0jG0W2.png

I mean, actual flaws, like palette, perspective and so on. By all means, rip it apart. I’ll make any changes you bring up so that it meets your quality standards, whatever they might be. I’ve asked professional artists and they all tell me it’s fine so it’ll be interesting to find out.

Ghulgothas

Arcane
Some useful reference if you're gonna keep working with the Codex Troll, look up some images of Dungeon Keeper 1's control-panel/user interface.
Dungeon-Keeper-Creature-Panel-prototype.webp
PANEL.webp

Barracks-Icon-Medium.webp
Dungeon-Keeper-Corporeal-Creatures-icon.webp
Temple-Icon-Medium.webp
Prison-Icon-Medium.webp
More pronounced horns for stronger silhouette, and simpler, beadier-eyes to aid in the clarity of his expressions. Good color balance, too.

QFil1zx.gif
Above anything, I prefer the animation on this one. I respect your dedication to flexing by making your works as animated and livid as possible, but the more downplayed movement and subtle detail fits it's function as a forum button a bit better.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Ghulgothas'
Copium-Blue-Alt-Colors-Light.png
Copium is way better than Zlakzka's. (And yes, I still think the blue is better than green.)
Also, the first Zlalksa Fishy
Ukj9LMx.gif
is better than the supercharged overproduced tail-flipping one. Really though current Fishy is fine.

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
Ismaul
I think you’re being disingenuous/dishonest here. I question your integrity.

I’ve unblocked you because I know you can give constructive feedback (you have), that is point out the shortcomings if applicable.

I therefore challenge you to point out the flaws of this and how it’s worse than the current “fishy” button.

QFil1zx.gif
vs
X0jG0W2.png

I mean, actual flaws, like palette, perspective and so on. By all means, rip it apart. I’ll make any changes you bring up so that it meets your quality standards, whatever they might be. I’ve asked professional artists and they all tell me it’s fine so it’ll be interesting to find out.
Such a challenge. You pick the only button that isn't egregious among yours. You know what you're doing here.

I don't really care about the fishy button, I've only commented on your trolls. Anyways, yours is competent enough, more technical and realistic than the original. But is it better as a button? for its function? Not really. Here are some reasons:

1. The animation. If you look at existing buttons, there is animation when it serves a function. That laughing dude is animated because it conveys meaning about the button better. Let's apply that to the fishy button. What information does the animation on your fish convey? Nothing. It is purely cosmetic, as if buttons were made to be admired. But in this case, this slight movement of the button is more of a distraction than a help, an attention trap. But buttons are not what we want the user to focus their attention on, it's the text. Better without it, for its function.

2. The realism.
Fishy is supposed to be fishy. It is supposed to convey the meaning "something's not right" or "smells bad". Yours is just a fish, too realistic. It is "too right". The less realistic version is better suited to expressing a nonliteral meaning. It looks fishy itself.

d1r

Single handedly funding SMTVI
Patron
You mean that, despite all the trolling, I’m only ignored by three people?! Even with a wanking Dixon smiley?
DYc9pBW.jpg

I’m saying three because Zombra can’t commit to anything, it’s not in his nature. He’ll say he’s putting you on ignore for dramatic effect and then keep quietly and rating everything you do. He might even reply to this right here, poor guy.

I’m getting closer to the 50 ‘stop posting’ milestone:
8XNNZkG.jpg

Keep it up, it didn’t work the first 43 times, maybe I’ll start doing what you tell me to do at 44? Ironically, if people ignored everything I say and do, I’d just stop. How long before they figure it out now that it’s been spelled out for them I wonder?

Not blocked by aweigh? Wowzers!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom