Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter We need more buttons

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
1. The animation. If you look at existing buttons, there is animation when it serves a function. That laughing dude is animated because it conveys meaning about the button better. Let's apply that to the fishy button. What information does the animation on your fish convey? Nothing. It is purely cosmetic, as if buttons were made to be admired. But in this case, this slight movement of the button is more of a distraction than a help, an attention trap. But buttons are not what we want the user to focus their attention on, it's the text. Better without it, for its function.

2. The realism.
Fishy is supposed to be fishy. It is supposed to convey the meaning "something's not right" or "smells bad". Yours is just a fish, too realistic. It is "too right". The less realistic version is better suited to expressing a nonliteral meaning. It looks fishy itself.

That’s probably the best constructive criticism I’ve gotten in the whole thread and all I ever asked for in the first place. It’s not about quality however, but rather style. If anything, it’s “over qualified”.

Regarding the complexity of animation, the current buttons go from 2 frames to a few more (excited button). I figured two frames would be ok for each button but I can concede that it serves no purpose for fishy.

Such a challenge. You pick the only button that isn't egregious among yours. You know what you're doing here.

Well considering you were telling me to fuck off a message ago, I figured you wouldn’t be much inclined to give me critique about all of my buttons. If you are here’s an updated challenge: Which one of those is lacking in quality (as opposed to style)?

I think my “angry Dixon” is better in every way to the current one. Might have too many frames. One way to deal with this could be to only animated if it’s been selected and static otherwise.

Stop Sign:
bTxDmlE.png

l26i5NZ.png

sa03Pku.png

LhZltSg.png

C4yyTPh.png

paR4H0s.png

4lThYvk.png

Q2uUQrK.png

7907ItS.png

Skulls:
7eLa6Pw.png

uCmAdwr.png

r5ms4YE.png

URjLYXZ.png

nm7FkHz.png

Salute:
H02tCxk.gif

60mawTv.gif

nf667oQ.gif

Ti3kS2M.gif

YUY5d9T.gif

5XElPzS.gif

fEytVZP.png

MXzUz58.png

muS3g1k.png

Wjl8NtO.png

lfs8cay.png

Informative:
fv6E7db.png

CUNtJ0W.png

jtMwA06.png

ygI1eqH.png

l6O5sLZ.png

mqYs3iX.png

Fqpb3DM.png

k8Llmu4.png

Various style research:
Z6v3uNk.png

qaJGAUX.png

sTUaMxa.png

XObcqA6.png

myXR6j8.png

8mgGKGS.png

4fgNvVU.png

ygGRffA.png

OXecgRY.png

kX8dDqm.png

trEd3iO.png

mYOTY6p.png

JNCZdfp.png

n6rgDKo.png

Trophees:
lyE5Ejf.png

0uT4Ikg.png

fEk2ej3.png

Humbaba

Arcane
I think my “angry Dixon” is better in every way to the current one. Might have too many frames. One way to deal with this could be to only animated if it’s been selected and static otherwise.

Speed it up so it looks real funny when he bashes his desk at mach speed.

Could he salute a bit less uh violently? It looks like he's hitting himself on the forehead. Also he should do the sieg heil, it conveys kkkodex kultur

Ismaul

Thought Criminal #3333
Patron
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech A Beautifully Desolate Campaign My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit.
considering you were telling me to fuck off a message ago
I say this to all the girls.

That’s probably the best constructive criticism I’ve gotten in the whole thread and all I ever asked for in the first place.
I gave you plenty earlier, but you were ignoring me, or ignored me for it.

If you are here’s an updated challenge: Which one of those is lacking in quality (as opposed to style)?
You mean technical quality? You're the pixel artist, man.

fork

He won't stop. He think's he's somehow special. He's been at it for a month now. On olddex this retard would have half a dozen tags and would be prosperised by now.

And the attention whoring again.

Make a good button, and it might get implemented (or not). It took a long time for some of Zombra's suggestions to get implemented, and tbh most of his are way better than anything you've shown so far.

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
I’m now open to taking requests. Some which have been mentioned so far:
-Shut up Vatnik! (I was thinking doing a Russian head being progressively crushed by a stomping boot)
-Baiting (a fish hook)

Explain which button you’d like done and the description of what you’d like to see as well as whether you want animation or not.

Radiane

Cipher
-Shut up Vatnik! (I was thinking doing a Russian head being progressively crushed by a stomping boot)
Hmm this is a good idea! Now I have to say that I rated many of your posts negative, but I´m an honest guy, and I am not afraid to express any change of mind, and such a button I think is a faboulous idea. If DU would actually implement such button, that would be huge incline!! Imagine the butthurt! So exciting!

Self-Ejected

Zizka

Self-Ejected
Creative:

Animated:

qZ9RwTN.gif

Various static versions:
A.
NiregiA.png

B.
ShKmo9Z.png

C.
KvkWq2w.png

D.
CB0B1rh.png

E.
83GPxOy.png

Ackownledge this User's Agenda:

Animated:
A.
AB5dcy2.gif

B.
l5zse4w.gif

Static:
C.
urdxLCb.png

D.
YMJzWwD.png

E.
zPB0Zrj.png

Ghulgothas

Arcane
I’m now open to taking requests. Some which have been mentioned so far:
-Baiting (a fish hook)

Explain which button you’d like done and the description of what you’d like to see as well as whether you want animation or not.
I've posted it before, but to no avail:
Chicken-00.gif
BAWKBAWKBAWK! x 1
For denoting cowardice. Probably better left unanimated (or atleast, not animated to take paces like this one I stole from Metal Slug.)

And another:
11.png
Batshit x 1
For highlighting insanity. A splattered-white decal of a bat, potentially with animated drips.

And another I've thought about on occasion is a 'Tough-Guy' button.

Crossed-arms, bulging muscles, loud shades and an protruding lower lip; either as the codex troll or some generic dude. Perfect for both real tough guys and pretenders.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I like that hustle Ghulgothas ... I think we already have all of these though. Batshit in the form of WTF am I reading, Tough Guy in the form of Edgy, Coward in the form of Bro, do you even lift?

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom