Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

spekkio

Arcane
^
Console wapanese faggotry, you should be ashamed, dawg.

:rpgcodex:

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Started IceWind Dale multiplayer with my wife (controlling 3 characters each).
She gets to control both of the archers, killing about 80% of enemies so far, but we'll see how that develops.
Also: [captain obvious]selecting the most over the top voice sets for the characters adds an additional level of fun to the game.[/co]

ghostdog

Arcane
Patron
More console wapanese faggotry

epsxe2010101101233054.jpg

Multi-headed Cow

Started playing Metro 2033 and having a grand time. As far as linear shooters go I'm enjoying it a lot. Enjoy the atmosphere and setting more than Stalker, too.

Admiral jimbob

gay as all hell
Wasteland 2
Thinking of picking up the Might & Magic 6-pack from GoG. Currently playing Dark Sun: Shattered lands when I get the time, which isn't often. Just clearing the areas around Teaquencher village and trying to decide on where to head first.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Divinity: Original Sin
POOPOO MCBUMFACE said:
Thinking of picking up the Might & Magic 6-pack from GoG. Currently playing Dark Sun: Shattered lands when I get the time, which isn't often. Just clearing the areas around Teaquencher village and trying to decide on where to head first.
Teaquetzl :rpgcodex:

The joys of nonlinearity: you can go wherever the hell you want. If you haven't played the game before, my advice is to just explore the wastes and pick things up as they come to you.

The M&M pack is excellent value if you don't have any of the games. Though if you plan on starting with one (worth it) you're in for a long trip, especially if you don't have much gaming time.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
Sceptic said:
The joys of nonlinearity: you can go wherever the hell you want. If you haven't played the game before, my advice is to just explore the wastes and pick things up as they come to you.
This. Don't join more than one village before you explore all wastes, though

spekkio

Arcane
Don't worry, my previous statement was a lie.

Or maybe it wasn't...

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
I'm finally playing Myst for the first time (The realMyst version, the one that is 3D). pretty cool.

I have no fucking clue what to do.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Jaesun said:
I'm finally playing Myst for the first time (The realMyst version, the one that is 3D). pretty cool.
realMyst is the ultimate version of the game. No idea why they decided to rerelease the 2D version when they did the 10th anniversary release of the 3 games on DVD.

Welcome to Myst :smug:

Just walk around. Look. More importantly, listen. Most clues are audiovisual, with only a handful being written... though of course "read everything" is also a good idea.

Jaesun

Fabulous Ex-Moderator
Patron
MCA
Sceptic said:
Welcome to Myst :smug:

Just walk around. Look. More importantly, listen. Most clues are audiovisual, with only a handful being written... though of course "read everything" is also a good idea.

ok thanks. And yeah, I read an old review and the specifically pointed out BE SURE TO FUCKING LISTEN in the review. Apparently that is something really important.

Found the note and got my first message and read the 2 (red/blue) books. Now to figure out this fucking tower rotation thing..

Gragt

Arcane
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin
Quilty said:
Sceptic said:
Gragt said:
Finally decided that I should play Oblivion from start to end. Also I think I must be punished for my crimes.
You don't need to state the same thing twice you know :smug:

Seriously, don't. Not without a few obligatory mods.

:godimsomadtheyremovedthissmiley:
stfu, he's playing it as the devs intended

I actually decided to install very few mods to see what the goatfuck the devs really intended. I got the expansion and DLC installed as well as the bugfixes mods and an alternate levelling system, because I already "enjoyed" the retarded system before. Oh and a mod that changes all guards to women with skimpy clothes, because the world is already retarded.

So far it's worse than I imagined. The best part is that I played it before when it came out, full of expectations, and I threw it away in a fit of rage. Now I finally decide to atone for my crimes and see the game to the end, and I also want to check Shivering Isles since I heard it isn't too bad by Bethesda standards.

Mostly breezing through the whole thing, just doing quests by zone or faction and not exploring dungeons unless there is something special to be done there. Sure I could stick to the main quest and go to SI but as I said I need to be punished.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Forgot to mention I'm wasting my time with Fallout Tactics. Combat is fun (full party control, finally!) with the exception of the completely retarded RT mode. Graphics are pretty nice. Rest of the game, meh. Good for what it is.

Jaesun said:
ok thanks. And yeah, I read an old review and the specifically pointed out BE SURE TO FUCKING LISTEN in the review. Apparently that is something really important.
It is, in more than one place. It's not absolutely required mind you - it'll just turn seemingly trial and error puzzles into ones that makes perfect sense and are relatively straightforward.

Found the note and got my first message and read the 2 (red/blue) books. Now to figure out this fucking tower rotation thing..
I remember that one and it's not particularly hard, so rather than give you specific hints I'll just give some general advice on how to approach the game. Most important: keep a mental map of the island. If you pass by a building/item/feature that stands out, remember what it is, and when you find something later on that seems to be linked somehow chances are the link is key. If you're standing somewhere and can see some other feature in a way that puts it in emphasis, there's most probably something you can do. If you're in the tower this means you've passed the library - be sure to read the books that you can read. You don't need to transcribe them, but notes of what seems important helps (you obviously don't need to copy the whole pattern book...)

If you can resist, try not to read any hints (and definitely not walkthroughs).

Gragt said:
I also want to check Shivering Isles since I heard it isn't too bad by Bethesda standards.
SI is fucking awful. Instead of Imperial Province generica you get a poor rehash of Morrowind. Quests are worse than anything in Oblivion, half of them are fetch quests and the other half are collection quests... including collecting items that randomly may or may not be there. There's somce choices with zero consequences. The only worthwhile quest is also a fetch quest, but this one's interesting because no one gives it to you and it never appears in your journal. Unfortunately this means that unless you metagame the only way to complete it is to explore every single dungeon (don't. Just get a list of which dungeons are involved and find the items yourself). The items are also very cleverly hidden: zero trial and error required, but you've got to pay attention to find them. That one quest was probably the only worthwhile thing in the entire expansion.

Of the DLC's, Mehrunes' Razor is a semi-good dungeon crawl and KOTN has one other semi-good dungeon. Good luck with everything else.

Sceptic

Arcane
Patron
Thrasher said:
SI main quest is not all collecting and fetching.
I was thinking of the sidequests more actually, it's true that the MQ has a little bit more variety, probably better than Oblivion's (not that it's an achievement). But the sidequests are fucking awful.

Thrasher

Erudite
It's the main quest that makes the expansion. The rest is just typical filler.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom