Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

What game are you wasting time on?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You mean Thief?
The really underground indie project?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I've been playing Thief some weeks ago and i'am really liking this game. How i didn't knew the existence of this game before?
It was hiding in the shadows, appropriately enough.
First, check if he means Thief The Deadly Shadows or Thiaf...

It's a difference between 'good codexer' and 'go fuck yourself'!
Not even the most popamole of codexers would call Thiaf good.

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
I've been playing Thief some weeks ago and i'am really liking this game. How i didn't knew the existence of this game before?

I want to believe that, but I've also seen some of the dog shit people love.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck

Thi4f is the thing that should not be...
It serves absolutely no purpose and does not fit into the original trilogy at all.

Krivol

Magister
Yeah, some co-worker of mine (female) told me Thi4f is awesome and she came to my place, gave me this game, a blowjob and PlayStation 5.

It was still not worth it.

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
Yeah, some co-worker of mine (female) told me Thi4f is awesome and she came to my place, gave me this game, a blowjob and PlayStation 5.

It was still not worth it.
Not even the blowjob?
Was she that sloppy?

NecroLord

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck
You mean Thief?
The really underground indie project?
The original game, of course.

I HATE when reboots technically replaces their predecesors by having the same name. Just look at Doom and Battlefront
I was just foolin' around.
There is only Thief, not Thi4f.
And yes, Bugthesda calling their nu-Doom game Doom is an insult to the original masterpiece.

Jvegi

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Trying New Vegas, never went more than a few hours in.

Whatever. What bothers me the most is how people claim f1 is clunky and has obtuse interface. Like wtf? NV, modded mind you, is much harder to navigate, it has no shortcuts for pip-boy tabs, fuck the inventory, fuck combat, you need to scroll the fucking conversation screen...

How are people ok with that?

Last edited:

PulsatingBrain

Huge and Ever-Growing
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. My team has the sexiest and deadliest waifus you can recruit. Pathfinder: Wrath
it has no shortcuts for pip-boy tabs
I thought the F1 F2 and F3 keys take you directly to the section you want. It's been a while.

you need to scroll the fucking conversation screen
I think Darnified UI solves that, if I'm understanding your issue correctly.

I think these are feeling like big issues to you because you don't like the game. I deduced this by observing that 2 of your 4 points are just "thing bad", and also the fact that you've never lasted more than a few hours before. I commend your effort to give it a chance, but maybe it's just not for you.

Last edited:

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane

Whatever. What bothers me the most is how people claim f1 is clunky and has interface. Like wtf? NV, modded mind you, is much harder to navigate, it has no shortcuts for pip-boy tabs, fuck the inventory, fuck combat, you need to scroll the fucking conversation screen...

Yeah, nu-fallouts, skyrims and other modern crpg slam dunks are exactly the thing that makes me roll my eyes when people are complaining about old games having bad UIs. Classic Fallout lets you do everything with one keyboard shortcut plus a click (very rarely two shortcuts). Good luck here.

Strange Fellow

Peculiar
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.

Whatever. What bothers me the most is how people claim f1 is clunky and has interface. Like wtf? NV, modded mind you, is much harder to navigate, it has no shortcuts for pip-boy tabs, fuck the inventory, fuck combat, you need to scroll the fucking conversation screen...

Yeah, nu-fallouts, skyrims and other modern crpg slam dunks are exactly the thing that makes me roll my eyes when people are complaining about old games having bad UIs. Classic Fallout lets you do everything with one keyboard shortcut plus a click (very rarely two shortcuts). Good luck here.
The key to understanding those complainers is that they don't care about how annoying it is to navigate to a menu for the hundredth time, they only care about how little effort they have to put in to figure out how to do it the first time.

Zboj Lamignat

Arcane
I honestly noticed some time ago already that surprisingly high percentage of hardkor PC playas seem to barely use keyboard outside of esc and wasd. If I were to keep clicking on skilldex all the time I'd probably think F1-2's UI is shite, too. But tbh nu-Fallout's UI still comes off as worse even in that scenario.

Cael

Arcane
Possibly Retarded
I honestly noticed some time ago already that surprisingly high percentage of hardkor PC playas seem to barely use keyboard outside of esc and wasd. If I were to keep clicking on skilldex all the time I'd probably think F1-2's UI is shite, too. But tbh nu-Fallout's UI still comes off as worse even in that scenario.
Try to use the skilldex in Fallout Tactics...

:evilcodex:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom