Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Why Owlcat's Kingmaker Sucks, in Plain Language

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
Desiderius this is like your justice system (which I find abhorrent): "every person is innocent until proven guilty". Every expert is correct until proven wrong; every commoner is wrong until proven right.
This is just too retarded, mate. Presumption of Innocence is a common principle in the law systems of all civilized countries of the world. Talking about experts and critics, they have the same role as accuser in justice system, so it's their job to prove their point. Two logic mistakes in one post, this is close to Templar standards of posting.

lol, he’s dead on on the last two points, and the first only applies now to protected classes (i. e. not most of the populace).

If you’ve had your head up your ass as the principles you putatively cherish have been made a mockery of don’t show up now pretending to be some sort of patriot or advocate of western values.

Desiderius

Patron
nobody i know has contracted the disease either. it is logical to keep protecting yourself but also inevitable to doubt its existence.

I don’t know anybody who knows anybody. It’s real but we’ve gotten extraordinarily lucky as to the severity. Unfortunately too many now with a vested interest in its being bad.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Like, say, virusologists about AIDS in the 80's. And I would have taken the opinions of Françoise Barré-Sinoussi and Luc Montagnier any day.

The difference being, AIDS actually killed healthy people. This covid-19 HOAX only kills people who were about to die anyway from serious diseases and old age. The scientific data up to now prove this. Your point?

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
This covid-19 HOAX only kills people who were about to die anyway from serious diseases and old age.
This is not how it works. There is a number of people who are about to die. Then there is the part of those people who are actually dying. If the latter part suddenly increases without any increase in the former - then there is something worth researching.

So a sceptic has to ask 2 questions: 1) have the death toll risen above average in the same season; if (1), then 2) what is the most probable cause of that. I think now it is more or less a consensus that (1) is true; people who are about to die are dying faster than usually. It means there is at least some new factor.

(2) can be discussed.

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
This is not how it works. There is a number of people who are about to die. Then there is the part of those people who are actually dying. If the latter part suddenly increases without any increase in the former - then there is something worth researching.

So a sceptic has to ask 2 questions: 1) have the death toll risen above average in the same season; if (1), then 2) what is the most probable cause of that. I think now it is more or less a consensus that (1) is true; people who are about to die are dying faster than usually. It means there is at least some new factor.

(2) can be discussed.

The death toll appears to have risen, but we need to keep in mind also that the quarantine has created many additional health issues on the population. For example in Greece, hospitals stopped doing surgery operations for many people, including even cancer patients, due to covid fears. People were forced to wear masks all day, which is detrimental to your health, and stay locked down inside their homes, which is also detrimental to our health. Depression increased, obesity, stress, sedentary lifestyles inside the home, poverty from loss of income, etc etc. There are many factors you have to consider for the increase in deaths. If such an increase actually exists. We need to wait until the year ends for full data comparison.

LannTheStupid

Товарищ
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Again, there are 2 points to make.

First, don't slippery slope your argument: you called COVID-19 "a hoax" speaking about the people who are "about to die". The only thing from your list relevant for "the people who are about to die" is hospital overload and may be some delayed operations. But again: if an operation is required to save someone's life then it is an emergency.

Second, yes, I am all for cutting the age distribution at 75-80 years. It will save up money, free caregiving homes and hospital beds and add more people to the working force. Messrs Putin and Lukashenko agree; alas, democratic governments do not.

Desiderius

Patron
It's too late to disentangle death above expected from the braindead lockdown of healthy people which was never part of the extensively detailed pre-existing plan for respiratory pandemics that was mysteriously tossed out the window in the event of this real one.

In any event outside of the superspreader areas like New York and northern Italy deaths have been slightly lower than normal, though some of that is people avoiding hospitals so will likely show up as higher deaths in the coming months.

Desiderius

Patron
It’s real but we’ve gotten extraordinarily lucky as to the severity.
That is a real shame. The world with 7.8 billion people needs a lot more death than this virus can produce.

The plan looks like pozzing enough people to get births well below replacement. I'm sure you commies will stir up enough wars here and there to do your part as well.

I'd just as soon colonize the galaxy, as would Mother Nature by all indications, so that's the way to bet if we can survive nihilist dipshits like yourself.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
lol, he’s dead on on the last two points, and the first only applies now to protected classes (i. e. not most of the populace).

If you’ve had your head up your ass as the principles you putatively cherish have been made a mockery of don’t show up now pretending to be some sort of patriot or advocate of western values.
Nope.

If expert presents his case or knowledgeable opinion, he has to support it with facts.
If critic comes up with the arguments against something, he has to support them with facts.
If accuser comes up with accusation, he has to support it with facts.

If you want to know how justice system without the presumption of innocence works, just Google up NKVD Troikas in 1930-s USSR. Grim shit.

Desiderius

Patron

Nope.

If expert presents his case or knowledgeable opinion, he has to support it with facts.
If critic comes up with the arguments against something, he has to support them with facts.
If accuser comes up with accusation, he has to support it with facts.

If you want to know how justice system without the presumption of innocence works, just Google up NKVD Troikas in 1930-s USSR. Grim shit.

This is how we got in this mess. You’re living exclusively in the ideal without even a thought of the real. Tbf, that is what is selected for.

Tweet from the president of a major trade association recently: “How can the media be biased? Aren’t they trained to be unbiased?”

Desiderius

Patron
What the fuck is going on in this thread now?

We got suckered into depoliticizing all public spaces so now we suck so bad at politics we’re ripe for a commie takeover. Taking a brief pause from regularly scheduled programming to get some first principles established.

Ol' Willy

Arcane
Zionist Agent Vatnik
This is how we got in this mess. You’re living exclusively in the ideal without even a thought of the real. Tbf, that is what is selected for.
I don't live in the ideal world. I live in a country that is getting worse by the year. But the law and due process, as shabby as they are, are the last obstacles from becoming a proper cannibalistic Stalinist regime.

An example: last year, independent journalist was framed by police when cops planted some drugs on him to fabricate the evidence. Guy was lucky, frame-up failed, further investigation prompted by public outrage proved his innocence and misdeed on the police part. Guy remained free, and even some police bigshots were fired (that's an accomplishment actually, don't laugh). Without the due process, cops wouldn't have to go through all this hassle: no need for evidence, just concede some bullshit accusation that is impossible to disprove, and lock the guy, zero chances to remain free. From this, there's only one step left from having execution lists verified by highest authorities.

Desiderius

Patron
I don't live in the ideal world. I live in a country that is getting worse by the year. But the law and due process, as shabby as they are, are the last obstacles from becoming a proper cannibalistic Stalinist regime.

An example: last year, independent journalist was framed by police when cops planted some drugs on him to fabricate the evidence. Guy was lucky, frame-up failed, further investigation prompted by public outrage proved his innocence and misdeed on the police part. Guy remained free, and even some police bigshots were fired (that's an accomplishment actually, don't laugh). Without the due process, cops wouldn't have to go through all this hassle: no need for evidence, just concede some bullshit accusation that is impossible to disprove, and lock the guy, zero chances to remain free. From this, there's only one step left from having execution lists verified by highest authorities.

Lol, journalist.

Protected class.

Of course the law and due process are part of a functional civilization, but those entrusted with them have retreated into an empty proceduralism (nihilism with a green eyeshade) that leaves the worst offenders free to run wild and the average joe with little protection at all.

Lawntoilet

Prophet
Patron
Like, say, virusologists about AIDS in the 80's. And I would have taken the opinions of Françoise Barré-Sinoussi and Luc Montagnier any day.

The difference being, AIDS actually killed healthy people. This covid-19 HOAX only kills people who were about to die anyway from serious diseases and old age. The scientific data up to now prove this. Your point?
It's actually quite difficult to contract AIDS
unless you're following a traditional Greek lifestyle:
SEDUCTION-1024x576.jpg

Theldaran

Liturgist
Videogames are... were... all the drugs I need.

Though the extreme decline makes them more toxic than drugs. All hangover and no high. SMH

Unwanted

Sweeper

Unwanted
Zionist Agent
Have friends who contracted Corona, their entire family had it. Their mother works as a nurse, so it's evident where they caught it. They spent two weeks at the hospital, signed off, look pretty healthy now.
You're glowing m8.
It's too obvious.

Also how the fuck do you go from OP to discussing Covid and fucking politics? That's gay.
Lets go back to discussing how Gregz is the biggest faggot on this forum.

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom