Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Elder Scrolls Will the Elder Scrolls 6 have more depth than Morrowind

Can it get worse

• No

Votes: 32 12.9%
  • Yes

Votes: 199 80.2%
  • No but it wont get much better

Votes: 17 6.9%

• Total voters

d1r

Busin 0 Wizardry Alternative Neo fanatic
Patron
At some point Far Cry and Elder Scrolls/Fallout will meet in the middle and become the same thing.

A truly horrible thought that is.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
Skyrim was an improvement on Oblivion and Fallout 3 in my opinion, but none of the ways it was improved have much to do at all with RPG depth. The "stats" and perks were pretty simplified, but they did better in other design areas. You could say the same for Fallout 4, which had much better combat and a decent attempt at factions and choices, but the RPG aspects were even more simplified.

At some point Far Cry and Elder Scrolls/Fallout will meet in the middle and become the same thing.
I agree that Elder Scrolls meets Assasins Creed in the middle

That's part of why I think we'll get climbing or vaulting

Disagree that gunplay is better in Fallout 4, strongly disagree, it was still the same clunky shit, it just looked better

Goromorg

Savant
Bethesda will probably ask Arkane Studios to help with melee combat system, but other than that, no, improvements are unlikely. Maybe they'll also reintroduce the levitation spell, but I doubt it.

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
But will it have more boob mods and better graphics?.

It doesn't really get better or worse - it just gets better looking boobs.

ColCol

Arcane
Umm, lol, judging by the trajectory of those games it will be much worse, at least for rpg fans.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Bethesda can't write for shit. I don't want to spend all my time in a world where everything is meaningless & there is no artistic push or narrative meaning to chew on. So No, Bethesda games will always be garbage. Maybe if they fire Emil Pagliaro I'll have some hope or expectations. If not I literally can't give even a passing glance at the garbage they put out.

Last edited:

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
It's already happening to some degree. Just compare Far Cry 5 with Fallout 4. I mean....

Main difference is GTA style cutscene into mission structure versus dialogs and quest journal structure. That's what separates FPS from RPG in 2020. :lol:

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
They cant remove all skills

They cant do that
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...ut-4-getting-rid-of-the-old-skill-system/amp/
Bro look at fallout 4 they got rid of all skills.
They just did in Fallout. Why can't they do that in Elder Scrolls? Bethesda will surprise us once again.
They already got rid of attributes

They have to have one or the other

I think they'll keep skills because zoomers got used to it

It literally isn't an rpg anymore if they take out skills lol

My prediction is they scale the skill system and spells back to oblivion depth, maybe even bring back attributes

Maybe add vaulting or mage teleports, or grappling hooks, maybe flying mounts, things of that nature

I dont think they'll make it more barebones than Skyrim

Poseidon00

Arcane
Elder Scrolls 76 won't have depth, but it will have microtransactions and maybe even multiplayer :bounce:

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
If they do shit out a mess like Skyrim then hopefully reviewers give it the score it deserves a 3

Butter

Arcane
Patron
Yes it's going to take place in Elsweyr. It will include several playable Khajiit subraces. The settlement system from Fallout 4 will be included in a more sophisticated form. Radiant quests are back and are going to be more sophisticated as well. We're looking at a 300 hour main quest. DLC will include a trip to Coldharbor and a Tribunal-style return to the Imperial City, this time much larger than in Oblivion. TES6 is going to blow all of your minds. Trust the plan. - Q

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I actually think multiplayer could be good

I know this might be slightly zoomer of me but oblivion was my first bethesda rpg on console and I always thought it would be cool to have coop

Poseidon00

Arcane
I actually think multiplayer could be good

I know this might be slightly zoomer of me but oblivion was my first bethesda rpg on console and I always thought it would be cool to have coop

I rarely hope someone suicides themselves but hot damn

Kidding, obviously, but that's a bad take.

the mole

Learned
Shitposter
I think it would be cool to have arena battles against people

Just make it like dark souls

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
IMO it will continue on the streamlining trend set by Skyrim. Oblivion did a lot of the dumbing down, while Skyrim was a streamlining from Oblivion, removing nerfed features.

For instance:
  • Imperials vs Stormcloaks? Shitty main quest "choices" -> let's remove all main quest options.
  • A couple of dialogue checks here and there? Shitty implementation -> let's remove all dialogue checks.
And so on.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom