Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

ADL

Prophet

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
What is this about followers?

They have a follower system based on 3 Kingdoms characters that's basically perma Ash from Elden Ring. In general it makes the game easier simply on the virtue that they can soak enemy attention (much like Ash in ER) so can just wail at the strong enemy. E.g. biggest early example is big Tiger yao guai you fight in tutorial mission.

Rean

Head Codexian Weeb
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
They have a follower system based on 3 Kingdoms characters that's basically perma Ash from Elden Ring. In general it makes the game easier simply on the virtue that they can soak enemy attention (much like Ash in ER) so can just wail at the strong enemy. E.g. biggest early example is big Tiger yao guai you fight in tutorial mission.

Sounds frustrating. Is there any actual mechanical downside to having a follower?

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Sounds frustrating. Is there any actual mechanical downside to having a follower?

No, but you can dismiss them at any time, as far as I know. I don't think you ever have to play with a companion for an entire mission.

pqt

Literate

Sometimes you want the boss swing that red attack at you, not at the follower, so you can parry and do a big damage. And like others said you have an item to dismiss them.

Got an invader. Suck for him I had a follower at the time. 2v1 probably was not fun for him.

cruel

Cipher
Yes, the only mission that forces a follower on you is the first one, you can dismiss them after.

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Anyone in asian timezones playing the steam release yet? Would like a first-hand opinion on the performance of full version vs. demo if at all possible.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Anyone in asian timezones playing the steam release yet? Would like a first-hand opinion on the performance of full version vs. demo if at all possible.

Release doesn't work that way. The date put there is usually referring to the US for AAA or maybe local dev time. I am in SEA and its still "coming march 3"

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Release doesn't work that way. The date put there is usually referring to the US for AAA or maybe local dev time. I am in SEA and its still "coming march 3"

I was under the impression that the tons of negative reviews flooding into steam were from China and that that's where the majority of the 33,000 concurrent steam players were at? As far as I know they're doing a cascading release, rather than a set world release.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron

I was under the impression that the tons of negative reviews flooding into steam were from China and that that's where the majority of the 33,000 concurrent players were at? As far as I know they're doing a cascading release, rather than a set world release.
I guess Indo are not worth considering our own timezone then. My friend in MY also doesn't have it released. Looking at store page yeah, the currently existing reviews are mostly Chinese.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
I beat the boss good. The combat in this game is VERY fun. I really like the Sekiro with rewards gameplay. Instead of parrying for the sake of not instantly dying you parry and counter attack as savagely as possible. Fucking nice system.

My character is going for wood and earth. I wonder if we will end up doing a Naruto double element system with element combinations.

zV28eUu.jpg

I suspect a lot of people crying about the first boss have high equipment load, which makes you unable to parry (all parry commands become a fat roll).

I'm still not feeling this game at all. I don't like the animations (the inbetweens are just plain bad), the hit detection or overall combat feedback. I get what they were going for, but it needed a lot more polish to convey what they wanted to pull off (that wuxia feel of flowing combat, transforming every parry in dynamic fashion according to the situation, weapon used etc.).

I'm treating it as a sort of Nioh lite with Musou stuff thrown in that doesn't look nearly as flamboyant as it probably should. It's also way easier than I expected, despite the aforementioned combat feedback issues. Definitely aimed at game 'journalists', who no doubt are probably soyfacing in unison while proclaiming the "souls" formula has finally been made ACCESSIBLE.

Some ideas, like the 5 stats, seem interesting on paper, but I'm sure there will be one or two completely dominating builds while other stats will end up being voluntary gimps.

Other technical aspects are pretty bad, too. Most models, for example, are laughable. Nioh 2 shits all over it from a great height in pretty much all departments.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
I suspect a lot of people crying about the first boss have high equipment load, which makes you unable to parry (all parry commands become a fat roll).

I'm still not feeling this game at all. I don't like the animations (the inbetweens are just plain bad), the hit detection or overall combat feedback. I get what they were going for, but it needed a lot more polish to convey what they wanted to pull off (that wuxia feel of flowing combat, transforming every parry in dynamic fashion according to the situation, weapon used etc.).

I'm treating it as a sort of Nioh lite with Musou stuff thrown in that doesn't look nearly as flamboyant as it probably should. It's also way easier than I expected, despite the aforementioned combat feedback issues. Definitely aimed at game 'journalists', who no doubt are probably soyfacing in unison while proclaiming the "souls" formula has finally been made ACCESSIBLE.

Some ideas, like the 5 stats, seem interesting on paper, but I'm sure there will be one or two completely dominating builds while other stats will end up being voluntary gimps.

Other technical aspects are pretty bad, too. Most models, for example, are laughable. Nioh 2 shits all over it from a great height in pretty much all departments.
Most people are whinging the game is far too difficult. The Steam forums have multiple threads asking for a difficulty decrease.

The gameplay is super fun. You need to be patient with the bosses. I just accidentally killed the Boar boss with a bow by trying to get the fucker to charge me so I can parry and counter him.

hackncrazy

Savant
I'm really enjoying the game. Completed 5 main missions and 3 sub missions so far.

There is only one problem: Aside from the first boss, the game is a huge cakewalk. I died twice on the first boss (had faced him in the demo so I knew how to do it fast) but I have a total of ZERO deaths in the rest of the game.

Still enjoying it, though. Team Ninja made great levels. I always loved the mission based stuff from Nioh instead of the open world of the souls games and I think they excelled here. Performance wise, I don't have anywhere near the best rig out there (16 gb, Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660) and haven't found any issue aside from a hiccup here and there.

One thing that the game suffers from yet again is the lack of enemy variety. Granted, I'm not that far into the game, but I don't remember seeing a lot of variations of enemies so far.

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
I'm really enjoying the game. Completed 5 main missions and 3 sub missions so far.

There is only one problem: Aside from the first boss, the game is a huge cakewalk. I died twice on the first boss (had faced him in the demo so I knew how to do it fast) but I have a total of ZERO deaths in the rest of the game.

Still enjoying it, though. Team Ninja made great levels. I always loved the mission based stuff from Nioh instead of the open world of the souls games and I think they excelled here. Performance wise, I don't have anywhere near the best rig out there (16 gb, Ryzen 5 3600, GTX 1660) and haven't found any issue aside from a hiccup here and there.
Nioh 2 had like 5 NG+ levels. I hope this one does and each of them really increase difficulty. Once you get used to the combat system it does become easy. I am having trouble taking on multiple enemies at once though. Still figuring shit out.

Suicidal

Arcane

One thing that the game suffers from yet again is the lack of enemy variety. Granted, I'm not that far into the game, but I don't remember seeing a lot of variations of enemies so far.
Just curious, are you playing with companions? I saw a lot of people say the game was pretty easy and then I watch their vids/streams and they play with companions and the few that played without actually died quite a lot.

Wunderbar

Arcane
Chinese reviews already in, Steam currently at Mostly negative.

Some fun auto translate reviews
Let's build a wall and keep Chinese play only Chinese games. To be honest the world will be a better place without Chinese.
poor translation aside, what's so funny about those reviews? If the game really runs like dogshit and has poor kbm controls, then their complains are absolutely legit. Nioh 1-2 had OK performance and pretty decent kbm controls, so it's not clear what exactly prevented Team Ninja from repeating what they've already done before.

hackncrazy

Savant

Just curious, are you playing with companions? I saw a lot of people say the game was pretty easy and then I watch their vids/streams and they play with companions and the few that played without actually died quite a lot.
Not at all. I hate playing with companions in any action game, be it Monster Hunter, to Souls, to Nioh and so on. I only played the first mission with the blind boy because I was forced to. After that, Willow Branch was my first item used always.

Nioh 2 had like 5 NG+ levels. I hope this one does and each of them really increase difficulty. Once you get used to the combat system it does become easy. I am having trouble taking on multiple enemies at once though. Still figuring shit out.

And it's a curious thing. In general, I'd start to get bored with a game if lack of difficulty was a thing. Tee thing with Wo Long, at least so far, is that the combat is very fun and and the easiness of it come if you learn to time your parries. And as you said, multiple enemies indeed are a huge problem for me as well, but I found out that in most occasions, you can lure one or two of them and make an more acceptable battle scenario. Crossing fingers for harder NG+ levels as well, I remember that in Nioh things got exponentially hard as you progressed through them.

Reinhardt

Arcane
pirating game for the future use. after sitting 1,5 months without internet i don't believe in paying for things you can't use at will.

Suicidal

Arcane

Not at all. I hate playing with companions in any action game, be it Monster Hunter, to Souls, to Nioh and so on. I only played the first mission with the blind boy because I was forced to. After that, Willow Branch was my first item used always.
I see. The game does seem like it's gonna get easy once you get the hang of parrying. A lot of people say Sekiro is like one of the hardest games ever made but for me it was one of the easiest Soulslikes (if you can even call it that) once the parrying thing 'clicked'. I even killed some of the late game bosses (other than the shitty dragon) in 1-2 attempts.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom