Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

somerandomdude

Learned
12 in the Earth stat gives you enough equip load to use all 4 pieces of Lieutenant General's Armor with small fraction to spare. So, for those who want to be masochistic for whatever reason and not use deflect, I'd highly recommend using beefier armor, because defense actually matters in this game. Regular enemies hit me for peanuts with a full suit of heavy armor + the stone armor buff. There's a HP leech buff as well, it's not very good, but if you're getting hit for peanuts, it can still top you off, or keep you from using too many pots.

Last edited:

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Had an excellent time with the demo. I could tell from the gameplay footage I had watched up until this, but I'm happy to confirm for myself this is not just Nioh 3 in China. Going to reserve a lengthy impressions post for when I get a decent way into the game, but I'm happy with what they're doing differently with the gameplay in general. They really nailed that feeling of a flowing kung-fu fight, especially while facing bosses and mini-bosses. Once you get the system down, you really feel like you're playing a dark Wuxia film or something. Love the setting and the overall shift in aesthetic too.

Alas, the PC performance is pretty much unacceptable, and I highly doubt they're going to achieve any serious optimization in the next 5 days. If I wasn't unbelievably hooked by the demo, I'd probably try to hold out for a few weeks. I know I'll be playing through this more than once, so even if my first playthrough is sub-optimal in terms of performance, if there are improvements later I'll get to experience them eventually.

Nothing but love for Team Ninja and their games. They just need to prioritize their PC releases more. The negative response they're going to get from this launch will hopefully drive that point home - something this game really didn't need working against it, considering all the tards out there pissed this isn't Nioh 3 despite it clearly not being that. Wish it was the 3rd today! Going to be a long 5 days.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
The japs and PC are like oil and water. Did From Software ever get their shit together when it came to PC ports?

Yes and no. Sekiro and Ds3 performed great on launch day for me, but Elden Ring had the big problem with stuttering at certain subsections of the map. Guess we'll see how they do with Armored Core 6.

pqt

Literate
PS4 version is 30 fps with minor frame drop when fighting boss. My PS4 sounds like a hair dryer when playing this game. My PC can handle 60 fps when graphic settings change to low. So obviously this will be a Game Pass month for me. This game is fun.
Anyone interested in watching me fighting the tutorial boss? Am I allowed to post a video link here?

Framerate isn't the issue on the PC (although there's no 120fps mode yet, and I tested both the Steam and the M$ Store versions), but rather shader cache stutter, which is incredibly obvious and very annoying. It's not as bad as in some other recent examples (Callisto Protocol etc.), but it's very much there.

If you must use UE5, just pre-cache your fucking shaders on boot, you lazy ass developers.

manifest

Educated
Anyone interested in watching me fighting the tutorial boss? Am I allowed to post a video link here?
Are you exceptionally good at the game? Are you very entertaining/funny? Should've just shitted it out instead of asking permission.

I knew my 970 wasn't up to this game but I managed 30fps in the demo without any noticeable glitches. Team Ninja are terrible at explaining how all their systems interact so I wanted to try it a bit. I don't think having 4 different status bars on the screen at all times was the thing to take from Sekiro. Seemed competent, I'll probably buy it and enjoy it in a few years, but I'm 5 Fromsoft games (and 2 Nioh games) behind and they're all starting to smear together. Something I can always come back to and sink my teeth into, but nothing to elevate my heartrate.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
PS4 version is 30 fps with minor frame drop when fighting boss. My PS4 sounds like a hair dryer when playing this game. My PC can handle 60 fps when graphic settings change to low. So obviously this will be a Game Pass month for me. This game is fun.
Yes.

pqt

Literate

cruel

Cipher
How many tries did it take you to do him no-damage? Man, I'm getting old :(

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

pqt

Literate
A big fat number that I can't remember. I did not have anything else to play so I kept running 2 demo missions over and over.

JDR13

Arcane
Tried the demo. Didn't care for it. I think it's the setting. Even the visuals look dated though.

Also, the controller setup feels weird after being used to FromSoft games. I kept hitting R1 to attack out of instinct.

Deflowerer

Arcane
Framerate isn't the issue on the PC (although there's no 120fps mode yet, and I tested both the Steam and the M$ Store versions), but rather shader cache stutter, which is incredibly obvious and very annoying. It's not as bad as in some other recent examples (Callisto Protocol etc.), but it's very much there.

If you must use UE5, just pre-cache your fucking shaders on boot, you lazy ass developers.

Well, people are saying that there is still some problems with frame pacing (hopefully using the correct word here), ie you get 60FPS but it does slightly keep going back down to like 58-59 with a noticeable albeit more minor than shader cache stutter.

Well, people are saying that there is still some problems with frame pacing (hopefully using the correct word here), ie you get 60FPS but it does slightly keep going back down to like 58-59 with a noticeable albeit more minor than shader cache stutter.
Yeah, I noticed bad frame pacing too but that was easily fixed with Afterburner/RTSS.

Deflowerer

Arcane
W

Yeah, I noticed bad frame pacing too but that was easily fixed with Afterburner/RTSS.
What exactly did you do?

I just added a rule limiting Wo Long to 60fps on RTSS and disabled vsync ingame. Fixed all frame pacing issues.

somerandomdude

Learned
It always gives me a good, deep bellied laugh to hear people trying to cope every way imaginable other than admitting they suck at a game. "The timings are wonky, and inconsistent" "I lost because the game stuttered and threw off my timings" "I lost because the controls are shit" "I can't win because there's no check point in between boss phases", etc, etc. I guess that's one way of knowing if a game has a semblance of a challenge or not is if angry kiddies are coming up with excuses for losing.

Also, the controller setup feels weird after being used to FromSoft games. I kept hitting R1 to attack out of instinct.

That is one of the things I much prefer about Nioh and this. I had enough gamepads changed because of dead shoulder buttons thanks to From games. Those buttons are too fragile to be used for attacking.

cruel

Cipher
The closer it gets to the release, the more red flags I see. Wondering if Team Ninja treats this as a 'category B' product:
- review embargo lifts on Thursday, day before the release; are they afraid the reviews will suck this time?
- very little marketing effort
- no shit given about PC port
- no balance at all (regular enemies difficulty vs boss fight)
- decision to put it on Game Pass on day 1
- discount on GMG gets bigger closer to the release (17% off right now - https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/wo-long-fallen-dynasty-pc/)

I don't know. I wish them (Team Ninja) all the best, but no longer buying on day 1.

I just added a rule limiting Wo Long to 60fps on RTSS and disabled vsync ingame. Fixed all frame pacing issues.

Alright so I tried this, disabled in game V Sync and enabled it and 60 FPS cap in Nvidia control panel. Suddenly the game runs at pretty much stable 60 at 90% rendering resolution in starting area, whereas it would drop below 50 at 70% before. What the fuck. That might actually make this playable for me, provided starting area is actually indicative of the way the rest of the game runs. I'm guessing that's too much to hope for, though. I'll have to see how the rest of the demo runs.

Last edited:

Suicidal

Arcane
Now someone needs to find a fix for the camera & bow controlling like ass with the mouse.

Deflowerer

Arcane
The closer it gets to the release, the more red flags I see. Wondering if Team Ninja treats this as a 'category B' product:
- review embargo lifts on Thursday, day before the release; are they afraid the reviews will suck this time?
- very little marketing effort
- no shit given about PC port
- no balance at all (regular enemies difficulty vs boss fight)
- decision to put it on Game Pass on day 1
- discount on GMG gets bigger closer to the release (17% off right now - https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/wo-long-fallen-dynasty-pc/)

I don't know. I wish them (Team Ninja) all the best, but no longer buying on day 1.

Have heard that it's also the B team doing this, and the A game guys ie Nioh are working on that Meiji era game. Dunno how much substance that rumor has though.

Ok, got to the second area and I'm getting occasional drops below 50 fps still. This is not acceptable to me so I'll stop. I might check out the "demo" of full version when it's out to see if anything has changed with performance, if not then I won't be playing this in near future. Game itself is quite enjoyable though, clearly a bit influenced by Sekiro, except a lot less restrictive combat. It feels like Team Ninja dudes played Sekiro and thought to themselves "we can do this better".

Lyre Mors

Arcane
B team was working on Stranger of Paradise and probably got shifted over to the open world game after. This project has been headed by the guy behind Nioh 1 and 2.

Also that gmg discount has been the same for several months. If you don't like it, don't buy it. But there really isn't anything weird about this release besides the PC performance, which could be a fluke in general from the sounds of these easy fixes. The game itself is solid and a ton of fun.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom