Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Incline Wo Long: Fallen Dynasty

Suicidal

Arcane
Regarding performance, people are saying 2 interesting things:
1. If you're experiencing stuttering, setting FPS cap to 60 or 59 in Nvidia settings and disabling VSYNC fixes it (but not for everyone).
2. The demo on the Microsoft Store not only has a 120 FPS setting but runs better as well, so they may have fucked up something with the build they uploaded to Steam specifically.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
After playing The Returnal this demo feels like watching pictures falling in slow motion.

Reskinned Nioh. Retarded Kb + m controls. Camera issues. Uninstalled in less than 5 minutes.

Kudos to the people who can enjoy this shit. I will probably revisit it in one year.

cruel

Cipher
Well, if you're playing game like this with k+m, that's the first problem worth fixing

Sent from my KB2005 using Tapatalk

Lyre Mors

Arcane
This is my only complaint so far. And I really, really hope that this is just there for this couple of tutorial levels, because playing the whole game with NPC allies would be a dealbreaker for me.

I've already seen plenty of footage of non-companion gameplay, so you shouldn't be all that concerned about this.

Suicidal

Arcane
Well, if you're playing game like this with k+m, that's the first problem worth fixing

Other than the broken mouse movements KBM controls work fine, so they just need to fix that and it will be perfectly playable.

somerandomdude

Learned
Not sure how I feel about them getting rid of stamina. Game feels button mashy.
The thing is, if you play well and utilize the mechanics properly, deflects, blocking, attacking, then you've got pretty much unlimited resources for offense, whether it's spells, regular attacks or special attacks. *IF* is the key word here though, it's not a gimmie, you gotta git gud to reap the benefits of the new system. I happen to like it. If you mash and spam stupidly, then your gauge goes red and the first time you get tapped you get knocked to the floor by a hit that might have otherwise only done a small amount of damage. Players who want to spam and mash are given just enough rope to hang themselves in this game.

somerandomdude

Learned
2. The demo on the Microsoft Store not only has a 120 FPS setting but runs better as well, so they may have fucked up something with the build they uploaded to Steam specifically.
I'm playing the MS store version, and I didn't understand why people were complaining about the game's performance, because it runs perfectly fine on my mediocre PC? I guess maybe that explains it.

It runs better than Elden Ring did at launch.

somerandomdude

Learned
Reskinned Nioh. Retarded Kb + m controls. Camera issues. Uninstalled in less than 5 minutes.
I don't get how some people are incapable of understanding that some games are simply better played with controller over K&M and vice versa? This game was clearly designed to be played with a pad. If you insist on going against the obvious here, then that's a "you" issue, not the game. And furthermore, people who insist on using K&M on games that even they know weren't really designed for it have become accustomed to using 3rd party tools, and remapping the controls to fit their personal needs, adjusting the DPI on their mouse to fit the game, etc. Rather than bitch and complain, they took the initiative to fix the issue on their end.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
Game's much better balanced overall versus Nioh, encourages more agressive play. Only thing that can ruin it is the retarded loot system from Nioh, will know only in the full game.

somerandomdude

Learned
There's a spot to grind gear in the first mission in the demo. At the 2nd to the last flag AKA bonfire, you can take an alternate path past some crates blocking a path that leads down to a spot with a tiger. The tiger drops good stuff, my first tiger kill got me a Lt. General's body armor, which has a lot higher defense than what I started with, and equipping it made me take noticeably less damage. You can touch a flag, and respawn the tiger and kill it again to farm gear. After getting and equipping Lt. General's body armor + legs, I took considerably less damage from attacks than I did with the starting armor. I never managed to get a weapon drop from the tiger, only armor, so I can't say for sure if he drops weapons or not. Anyone struggling with the first boss could certainly farm up a couple pieces of Lt. General's armor so they can survive 3-4 hits instead of 1-2, but the tiger is arguably tougher than phase 1 of the first boss. A case could also be made that fighting tougher enemies teaches you how to play the game better as well, so improvements are made not just in gear, but in skill by farming the tiger.

Last edited:

Suicidal

Arcane
I don't get how some people are incapable of understanding that some games are simply better played with controller over K&M and vice versa? This game was clearly designed to be played with a pad. If you insist on going against the obvious here, then that's a "you" issue, not the game. And furthermore, people who insist on using K&M on games that even they know weren't really designed for it have become accustomed to using 3rd party tools, and remapping the controls to fit their personal needs, adjusting the DPI on their mouse to fit the game, etc. Rather than bitch and complain, they took the initiative to fix the issue on their end.
Beat all Souls & ER on KBM.
Beat Sekiro on KBM.
Beat DMC, Bayo and MGR on KBM.
Beat both Niohs on KBM.
Will beat Wo Long on KBM.

gigachad.jpg

Deflowerer

Arcane
After playing The Returnal this demo feels like watching pictures falling in slow motion.

Kudos to the people who can enjoy this shit. I will probably revisit it in one year.

It doesn't really play like Nioh, only maybe if you happened to just spam low stance attacks in your Nioh games.

I think expecting Nioh 3 will disappoint people.

Tse Tse Fly

Savant
Beat all Souls & ER on KBM.
Even Demon's Souls on RPCS3? Could you please share your controls settings?

Sekiro and Elden Ring both play fine on KBM, I only wish my mouse had more functional buttons so I could bind item switch controls to them.

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Not sure how I feel about them getting rid of stamina. Game feels button mashy.
The thing is, if you play well and utilize the mechanics properly, deflects, blocking, attacking, then you've got pretty much unlimited resources for offense, whether it's spells, regular attacks or special attacks. *IF* is the key word here though, it's not a gimmie, you gotta git gud to reap the benefits of the new system. I happen to like it. If you mash and spam stupidly, then your gauge goes red and the first time you get tapped you get knocked to the floor by a hit that might have otherwise only done a small amount of damage. Players who want to spam and mash are given just enough rope to hang themselves in this game.
I guess I still don't understand the new system. So is the trick to avoid being overly aggressive, to go out of my way to perform parries and to lean more on defence? Is that how you become more powerful? Yeah I don't get it.

somerandomdude

Learned
I guess I still don't understand the new system. So is the trick to avoid being overly aggressive, to go out of my way to perform parries and to lean more on defence? Is that how you become more powerful? Yeah I don't get it.
Landing quick attacks, deflects, and finishers recovers your bar or puts it into the blue. The red bar slowly recovers over time as well. Strong attacks, special attacks, spells, blocking, missing deflects or rolling put your bar into the red. It's all about managing the bar, you don't want it all the way into the red. Quick attacks won't generate red bar, even if they miss, so you can always use quick attacks. It's a little more complicated than a standard stamina bar, but I consider the bar something like a resource economy with certain actions being generators, while others have cost.

Last edited:

KIss My Ass

Patron
Dumbfuck Shitposter
Codex+ Now Streaming!
Landing quick attacks, deflects, and finishers recovers your bar or puts it into the blue. The red bar slowly recovers over time as well. Strong attacks, special attacks, spells, blocking, missing deflects or rolling put your bar into the red. It's all about managing the bar, you don't want it all the way into the red. Quick attacks won't generate red bar, even if they miss, so you can always use quick attacks. It's a little more complicated than a standard stamina bar, but I consider the bar something like a resource economy with certain actions being generators, while others have cost.
kung-pow-no.gif

cruel

Cipher
First boss is seriously kicking my ass. They promised somewhere that you can play the game without relying on parry mechanics, right? Well, it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm either getting too old or the game is possibly too fast for me. If someone was complaining about any Elden Ring bosses being difficult, prepare for hard time here.

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
First boss is seriously kicking my ass. They promised somewhere that you can play the game without relying on parry mechanics, right? Well, it doesn't seem to be the case. I'm either getting too old or the game is possibly too fast for me. If someone was complaining about any Elden Ring bosses being difficult, prepare for hard time here.

The tutorial boss I think in particular require you to use "parry" to charge your meters to summon your spirit.

On paper, it might be viable to play it "normally" using dodge and block altho that means much lower possibility to break enemy spirit for big damage. Probable on paper but very likely tedious as fuck.

It doesn't really play like Nioh, only maybe if you happened to just spam low stance attacks in your Nioh games.

I think expecting Nioh 3 will disappoint people.

I played the demo for less than 10 minutes before dropping because of shit performance and I could already see this is quite different from Nioh.

Zurbo

Novice
On the first boss second phase, I wasn't able to dodge thorugh the broad attacks with his tentacle. I saw somebody doing that in the video, but it still feels to me not that reliable, so yeah, parry seems to be the preferable option.

Also completed the demo on KBM. Fortunately the camera wasn't so much of an issue on boss fights, since you're locked onto one target.
One problem concerning it was: when the boss was jumping into the air, the locked camera was positioned on him and didn't follow him well, when he quickly attacked while falling, so I had to click parry instinctively without really seeing what's going on.

Deflowerer

Arcane

Really doubt it, everything about the game revolves around that parry mechanic. It would be like playing Sekiro with only dodging or smth.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom