Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would you pledge to a new Obsidian Kickstarter?

Would you pledge to a new Obsidian Kickstarter?

• YES, in the blink of an eye.

Votes: 71 16.7%
  • YES, but only if Sawyer is not involved in any form or manner.

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • YES, only if is an Avellone project.

Votes: 23 5.4%
  • NO, thank you very much.

Votes: 96 22.6%
  • Depends on the pitch, setting, etc.

Votes: 138 32.5%
  • YES, only if It's a Tim Cain project.

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • YES, only if Sawyer is involved.

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • YES, if turn-based

Votes: 28 6.6%
  • Not gonna happen with MCA gone

Votes: 24 5.7%

• Total voters

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No demo? No money. I leech your shit out of the web, and i am fucking happy doing it too. Die, disappear, go back to consoles. I honestly care not. Too little time and too many options in my life at this age and income.
You mean, you check the pirated version if the game is any good, and then you buy it if you like the game?

Killzig

Cipher
Patron
Depends on the pitch. If I see a bunch of stretch goals for backer-created content or them leaning hard on past successes, then I'm not interested in backing early.

Edit: that card game is a definite no from me.

m_s0

Arcane
Considering what's going on Twitter now, this may end up being a rather well-timed poll.

Ian Miles Cheong ‏@stillgray 1h1 hour ago
@Obsidian Better be a Pillars of Eternity expansion.

Nope, lol, it's just this: http://www.rpgcodex.net/forums/inde...nd-pnp-rpg-to-kill-fun-at-the-tabletop.98412/
So I guess there isn't any animosity between Chris Taylor and the rest of ex-Black Isle people (or at least some of them, I guess), just poor business acumen on Taylor's part. That's pretty neat.

Night Goat

The Immovable Autism
Patron
No Fun Allowed
Codex 2013 Codex 2014
I don't do Kickstarter, but if there had ever been a chance of me backing an Obsidian game then PoE would have killed it.

Immortal

Arcane
In My Safe Space
67595b66bbae332d2c2e61f950ebf806_original.jpg

Maybe if we are lucky, one of the stretch goals will be to finish the Player Garrison in PoE.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Josh Sawyer is inimitable. After PoE, I will never play a game unless it's been designed by this creative genius.

Xor

Arcane
Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
I enjoyed PoE, so I don't really have a problem giving them more money for another kickstarter if it sounds like something I'd be interested in playing.

dragonul09

Arcane
Edgy
A fricking card game?We have a ton of them already,please just no:killit:

Awesome news boyzzz,fucking twitter teasing bitches.

AwesomeButton

Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, that was a bullshit twitter tease.
Part of a fanboy's duties is to take such cocks like a man, when the circumstances call for it, so I am happy to have been fucked by Obsidian. I love you Obsidian.

PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Serpent in the Staglands Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
"In a blink" sounds about right as long as it falls in the accepted range of possibilities, specifically a Pillars of Eternity sequel. Sequels in the context of the RPG genre consistently improve on the flaws of the original, so why would I abandon them now?

Well, that was a bullshit twitter tease.
Part of a fanboy's duties is to take such cocks like a man, when the circumstances call for it, so I am happy to have been fucked by Obsidian. I love you Obsidian.

Such shameless fanboyism. I can almost respect it.

Aenra

No demo? No money. I leech your shit out of the web, and i am fucking happy doing it too. Die, disappear, go back to consoles. I honestly care not. Too little time and too many options in my life at this age and income.
You mean, you check the pirated version if the game is any good, and then you buy it if you like the game?

No J_C, i mean just what i said, minus any inferring :)
This whole market devolved and devolved and just kept on doing so. The old new saviours arived to save us from mediocrity and herald the old new age, only somehow they sure ended up employing the arsenal of those very same companies they so arduously STROVE to disassociate themselves from. Said arsenal (PR, hype, ways of selling, developing, et al.) employed for an outcome of what? At best a mediocre, souless, run of the mill tutti-frutti (let's have this, that and a bit of that element, so to make sure eeeverybody will brand this the RPG) experience lacking anything of import (read: to me).

If your standards are unlike mine, ie your experiences and opinions vary towards the more positive, grand. Mine do not. And to top this up, what opinions i may or may not be willing to form, i have to form their way. See 'no demo', which we used to have, and see the 'new way'; Their way.
Who needs demos? We have you morons to hype it for us, we have you in plural this time morons to finance it for us.
" fuck demos! We are set man! And the game is not even made yet! "
( money for nothing, chicks for free; that's the way you do it :8 )

Well fuck them.

edit: If this is your new age, enjoy it. Sure as hell ain't mine. Not even near

AwesomeButton

Patron
No J_C, i mean just what i said, minus any inferring :)
This whole market devolved and devolved and just kept on doing so. The old new saviours arived to save us from mediocrity and herald the old new age, only somehow they sure ended up employing the arsenal of those very same companies they so arduously STROVE to disassociate themselves from. Said arsenal (PR, hype, ways of selling, developing, et al.) employed for an outcome of what? At best a mediocre, souless, run of the mill tutti-frutti (let's have this, that and a bit of that element, so to make sure eeeverybody will brand this the RPG) experience lacking anything of import (read: to me).

:bro:
Aenra , I love you.

PeachPlumage

Cipher
No pledge from me. I will wait for the retail release, preferably a few patches in before I even contemplate parting with my cash.

Prime Junta

Voted "Yes only if Sawyer" to be edgy.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom