Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Would you pledge to a new Obsidian Kickstarter?

Would you pledge to a new Obsidian Kickstarter?

• YES, in the blink of an eye.

Votes: 71 16.7%
  • YES, but only if Sawyer is not involved in any form or manner.

Votes: 15 3.5%
  • YES, only if is an Avellone project.

Votes: 23 5.4%
  • NO, thank you very much.

Votes: 96 22.6%
  • Depends on the pitch, setting, etc.

Votes: 138 32.5%
  • YES, only if It's a Tim Cain project.

Votes: 19 4.5%
  • YES, only if Sawyer is involved.

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • YES, if turn-based

Votes: 28 6.6%
  • Not gonna happen with MCA gone

Votes: 24 5.7%

• Total voters

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Sure, I'd be into it. Nothing they do is perfect, but most of it is enjoyable and some is great. The more RPGs they make, the more chances they get to hit my g-spot.

Very much support what Goral said, though. POE suffered far too much from slavishness to Baldur's Gate. Of course, without that, they would have had much less pledge money to work with. Kind of a catch-22. Anyway, I'd definitely be more enthusiastic about a more original project.

or Alpha Protocol 2

Last edited:

pippin

I only buy real and completed products, even if they aren't really good. Besides I don't think they really need it.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
No demo? No money. I leech your shit out of the web, and i am fucking happy doing it too. Die, disappear, go back to consoles. I honestly care not. Too little time and too many options in my life at this age and income.
You mean, you check the pirated version if the game is any good, and then you buy it if you like the game?

No J_C, i mean just what i said, minus any inferring :)
This whole market devolved and devolved and just kept on doing so. The old new saviours arived to save us from mediocrity and herald the old new age, only somehow they sure ended up employing the arsenal of those very same companies they so arduously STROVE to disassociate themselves from. Said arsenal (PR, hype, ways of selling, developing, et al.) employed for an outcome of what? At best a mediocre, souless, run of the mill tutti-frutti (let's have this, that and a bit of that element, so to make sure eeeverybody will brand this the RPG) experience lacking anything of import (read: to me).

If your standards are unlike mine, ie your experiences and opinions vary towards the more positive, grand. Mine do not. And to top this up, what opinions i may or may not be willing to form, i have to form their way. See 'no demo', which we used to have, and see the 'new way'; Their way.
Who needs demos? We have you morons to hype it for us, we have you in plural this time morons to finance it for us.
" fuck demos! We are set man! And the game is not even made yet! "
( money for nothing, chicks for free; that's the way you do it :8 )

Well fuck them.

edit: If this is your new age, enjoy it. Sure as hell ain't mine. Not even near
Ok, I just wanted to see clear. Then all I can say is FUCK YOU, YOU RETARDED PIECE OF SHIT! You don't like the new stuff these companies produces? No problem, I can understand that you hate these games. But if you really can't stand these games, then don't play them, don't pirate them and play them to death, and come here whining about how these companies make shit. Or you are just making a weak lame excuse for pirating games? "Hurr hurr, I'm pirating these games because theay are shit and don't want to support the devs for making shit! - Wait a minute, I go and play the shit games for a few hours"

Idiot.

Doktor Best

Arcane
No demo? No money. I leech your shit out of the web, and i am fucking happy doing it too. Die, disappear, go back to consoles. I honestly care not. Too little time and too many options in my life at this age and income.
You mean, you check the pirated version if the game is any good, and then you buy it if you like the game?

No J_C, i mean just what i said, minus any inferring :)
This whole market devolved and devolved and just kept on doing so. The old new saviours arived to save us from mediocrity and herald the old new age, only somehow they sure ended up employing the arsenal of those very same companies they so arduously STROVE to disassociate themselves from. Said arsenal (PR, hype, ways of selling, developing, et al.) employed for an outcome of what? At best a mediocre, souless, run of the mill tutti-frutti (let's have this, that and a bit of that element, so to make sure eeeverybody will brand this the RPG) experience lacking anything of import (read: to me).

If your standards are unlike mine, ie your experiences and opinions vary towards the more positive, grand. Mine do not. And to top this up, what opinions i may or may not be willing to form, i have to form their way. See 'no demo', which we used to have, and see the 'new way'; Their way.
Who needs demos? We have you morons to hype it for us, we have you in plural this time morons to finance it for us.
" fuck demos! We are set man! And the game is not even made yet! "
( money for nothing, chicks for free; that's the way you do it :8 )

Well fuck them.

edit: If this is your new age, enjoy it. Sure as hell ain't mine. Not even near

Then maybe you should stop playing rpgs if you despise them so much and dont enjoy them at all you hypocritical dumbfuck.

Parasites like you "devolve" the industry, because they dont support it and hide behind some bullshit justification. I mean go ahead, pirate games like underrail or age of decadence and pretend to "not have fun" with them, but spare us the shitpreaching please.

Disclaimer: I have nothing against people torrenting a game for testing and jerking around. But if you play a significant amount of the content, you owe them money.

roshan

Arcane
Really surprising that over 8/10 Codexers are such whorish Obsidian fans that they would still throw money at them after the PoE debacle.

I'm on a fence, voted yes before i saw 'depends on pitch' option. With a lot of tweaking, improving and polishing, we could have something really special (Tim Cain, turn-based). So as a foundation PoE looks promising, as a standalone game it sucks a bag of dicks.

207.gif

Aenra

TwinkieGorilla

You appear a touch too rush with your emotions; If fuming and froathing can be considered pointless out there .. twice as bad within a virtual forum. Just makes you look bad.
What makes you look even worse is that, as is typical with most humans, you appear to (surprise) rush and apply the easiest, most simple, most shallow explanation to an opinion you've only just happened to come accross. From me. Not good.
Just combine the two and perceive yourself through my eyes. Hmm? You do not merrit a response.
And should you additionally be immature enough to actually respond by typing down "i don't want a response"? Baby then why do you post? See what i mean? Just makes you look bad anyway one looks at it.

Think of your virtual image. Think of your join date.

Now to assist you further, because unlike you i post so i can communicate, remind yourself what RoI is in economics, and squeeze your gray matter into fitting this in the Kickstarter phenomenon. Strain yourself further by daring to imagine an alternate universe where ---prior--- to taking advantage of the starved masses people's money in full AND in advance, companies claiming the rights of lots such as yours would actually go minus on the scale for a few months, produce a demo, upon which they would later, and only later, base a funding campaign on. Which is what your betters call meritocratic. I could go on.
Now (take a break here if you find the need) return to this universe, and remind yourself how powerless you are in regards to defending your rights, or actually, really and trully speaking with your money.
And because twinkie, i KNOW you have already started thinking it, no baby, giving ALL your money in advance and fucking hoping is NOT speaking with your money.

That's being other peoples' fool.

edit: Sorry, but just in case i need point out (despite all the above) the blindingly obvious:
When fair and over the table, i consider it my responsibility to do the right thing. To do my part. As i have done. See that 'one exception' to the rule i mentioned above. When however the house has rigged the tables because it simply can? Then i will try break the rules. That's my way of ensuring i do not go down. Because here, the House HAS rigged the rules. And the practices resulting from them :)

Last edited by a moderator:

TwinkieGorilla

does a good job.
Patron
Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pathfinder: Wrath
Think of your virtual image. Think of your join date.

Here's what I'll think about instead: I'm in the entertainment business and you're a freeloading piece of shit. A non-contributing waste of space who depends on other peoples' support to enjoy (or not, which is a whole other pathetic conversation) the things he comes in contact with. As for the rest of your post: Little too tryhard, bruh.

"Thieves always feel ashamed when there's nothing left worth stealing." - Alice Donut

Doktor Best

Arcane
Really surprising that over 8/10 Codexers are such whorish Obsidian fans that they would still throw money at them after the PoE debacle.

For fuck sake, it wasnt a debacle. A vocal minority disliked the game because they were victim to teh hype, but most people actually had their fun with it. Realms of Arkania HD was a debacle, or that funny pirate rpg (ravens something). POE was simply not the holy grail of crpg, and therefor some people here flinged shit at it like angry apes.

roshan

Arcane

For fuck sake, it wasnt a debacle. A vocal minority disliked the game because they were victim to teh hype, but most people actually had their fun with it. Realms of Arkania HD was a debacle, or that funny pirate rpg (ravens something). POE was simply not the holy grail of crpg, and therefor some people here flinged shit at it like angry apes.

I don't know about that, it was a really terrible game. Somewhat on par with Gorasul and Lionheart.

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath

I don't know about that, it was a really terrible game IN MY OPINION. Somewhat on par with Gorasul and Lionheart.
Fixed.

Lord Carlos Wafflebum

Aspiring Infinitron
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
After being kinda disappointed with PoE, I'm going to need a much stronger pitch to contribute the same amount of money, otherwise I'll pledge only enough money to get the game.

On the plus side, Pillars was a game I could easily step away from. I didn't spend any super late nights playing it and only getting a couple hours of sleep before work. I'd have no qualms throwing down 20 potatoes for the game kickstarter as long as it was turn based, but I would have a really tough time justifying to myself pledging any potatoes to another RTwP game.

Aenra

Here's what I'll think about instead: I'm in the entertainment business and you're a freeloading piece of shit. A non-contributing waste of space who depends on other peoples' support to enjoy (or not, which is a whole other pathetic conversation) the things he comes in contact with. As for the rest of your post: Little too tryhard, bruh.

"Thieves always feel ashamed when there's nothing left worth stealing." - Alice Donut

So you not only seek to prove me correct (in your being a touch too rush with your emotions, ie not much brain inside) by failing to provide me with even a SINGLE counter-argument..
You will also showcase your vast mental prowess and sophistication .. by copy pasting another's work quote.. amazing
edit: i particularly relished the "bruh" part. While the image sort of paints itself if you will, i find it is always the tiny, insignificant little details that add so magnificently to the whole. Much obliged.

I assume i should at this point feel entitled to thanking you for proving my point, but all i wonder is .. is that Gorilla part? Of your avatar's name i mean?, in any way characteristic of your nature?

Don't be so edgy twinkie. It's a big big world out there. Bound to be people you disagree with :)

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Game is mediocre. You're a victim of the hype if you don't see it, not if you do see it. :lol:

Aenra

My apologies for posting again this soon, but Doktor Best i only just saw your quoting me. Just read my reply to hairy twinkie. If i need grace you with a personal response, i would only add that while the both of you have good intentions, your naivety in the way you attempt (actually just hope) to see them made concrete can serve as a rather large Pandora box. Giving full control to another prior to receiving any assurance whatsoever is not very optimal a way of parting with your money. Again however, just my opinion.
Anyway, in full anticipation of this becoming an ego contest, let me refrain from responding here in advance. Feel free to PM me any further thoughts you may happen to have. I would not wish to continue this here, i really respect the OP. My apologies to Kz3ro :)

Western

Arcane
Codex 2012 Codex 2014 Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
Probably not, the pitch would have to blow me away (I'd need info on systems and combat as well). Aesthetics aside POE feels like a step down from some of their previous titles, enough so, that I doubt their ability to deliver anything particularly great in the near future. I'll likely just wait for release and a few patches, then buy it on a sale.

Ninjerk

Arcane
It would be difficult to take a step backwards from PoE. They have systems and content pipelines in place, and, provided they're able to secure the funding, I have a hard time seeing them not being able to design better encounters and write a tighter narrative.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom