Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Seems the appropriate place to ask this, is there any work being done on modding out the cringe/pozzed content?

If you follow the lich mythic path, you get to put this awful npcs in their place.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
I'm one of the people who's the most angry about it and I've probably put a couple of hundred hours into the game. I've lost track of what playthrough I'm on now. I still haven't beaten it. I just keep restarting and trying different things to make the game not suck but no matter what I try the game is still shit.
"I played it for 200 hours, and it sucks": the classic Codexian sentiment! :happytrollboy:

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I'm one of the people who's the most angry about it and I've probably put a couple of hundred hours into the game. I've lost track of what playthrough I'm on now. I still haven't beaten it. I just keep restarting and trying different things to make the game not suck but no matter what I try the game is still shit.
"I played it for 200 hours, and it sucks": the classic Codexian sentiment! :happytrollboy:

What about "I played it for over 200 hours and consider it good only as an power fantasy"

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Has anyone posted the cringiest thing of them all yet?

VH8s4cB.png

FriendlyMerchant

What about "I played it for over 200 hours and consider it good only as an power fantasy"
I don't even consider it a power fantasy.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Play as an gnome azata illusionist arcanist. Wreid with crazy high DC and the enemy must do 4 fort/4 will saves or die...

FriendlyMerchant

Play as an gnome azata illusionist arcanist. Wreid with crazy high DC and the enemy must do 4 fort/4 will saves or die...
I could pretty much do that in Kingmaker with Call of the Wild or D&D games with only illusionist specialty wizards. Lich is better for this than Azata. So there's nothing about Wrath that's a power fantasy in any way compared to other games. If anything, the constant statbloat on npcs makes Wrath even less of a power fantasy than all those other games.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
Has anyone posted the cringiest thing of them all yet?

VH8s4cB.png
It is not wrong. Lands are filled by demons (shit woke liberals) and we are trying to find last survivors and artifacts (good games and good devs).
I initially misread the text as "scoured underground caves for traces of surviving Sarkeesians" and was wondering why the Codex would do such a thing. :M

Sarathiour

Cipher
Amber Scott wrote the first part of PnP wotr, and as such, Anevia and the orc. I'm not sure they also are important npc later on during the PnP campaign, but the crpg made them stick around until at the very least mid chapter 5.

Stavrophore

Most trustworthy slavic man
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
Speaking of anti-faggotness, are there even RPGs made in the last decade that feature illiberal, or otherwise other interesting societies, that are not reflection of XXI century america? I think the best bet for developers to not cause any problems with SJW rage, or at least try to make it hard for them, is to feature not humans, but some alien species that would feature sexist, mysoginist, illiberal, fascist society not as antagonist, but a place where game take places and your character is from. What happened with fantasy/sci-fi being a social commentary, exploring the frontiers and putting our earthly concepts in other well crafted circumstances and lore.Everything is carbon printed copycat -like every RPG nowadays or game about fantasy/sci-fi has the society that might be different from ours, but there are core tenents like women worship, equality, faggotness in all of them. Perfect example are angara aliens in mass effect andromeda[generally almost all aliens]. It reeks of fukuyama "end of history" but in space. Wouldn't it be nice to chop demons in Pathfinder, who want to chop kids dicks or circumcize them and suck the blood out of little penis? I wonder how many people would got the analogy...

Last edited:

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Speaking of anti-faggotness, are there even RPGs made in the last decade that feature illiberal, or otherwise other interesting societies, that are not reflection of XXI century america?
Witcher, but we learned in the other thread that they snuck at least one tranny into Witcher 3.
What happened with fantasy/sci-fi being a social commentary, exploring the frontiers and putting our earthly concepts in other well crafted circumstances and lore.
This was only tolerated so that libshits could push things like homosexuality. Just like freedom of speech.

It doesn't really matter if you make it an alien race or not. If an SJW gets it, they will do everything they can to shut you down.

Acrux

Arcane
Seems the appropriate place to ask this, is there any work being done on modding out the cringe/pozzed content?
All of the dialogue is sitting in a text file, so theoretically it could be done. But there's something around 100-thousand lines, so as far as I know, no one has touched it yet.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
feature illiberal, or otherwise other interesting societies, that are not reflection of XXI century america? I

MAinstream games? No, everyone is set in different reskins of Commiefornia.

Indie games? Age of Decadence, UnderRail and other similar amazing games...

bionicman

Liturgist
First 10 pages of this thread were a fun read, the rest is just random sperging by codexers, kind of boring.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
That and I think mot of the people who hated the game stopped playing it.

You can only get so much enjoyment mining cringe from a bad game.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom