Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

Sarathiour

Cipher
Apparently the gender liquid is so fluid that it can change during the same fucking sentence.

wWKqe0e.png

Well done retard.

FriendlyMerchant

Lann is Cringe. Garbage puns too.
NHwWWaY.jpg

I tried to play this shit again recently. But I lost interest in Chapter 3 and ended up just dropping it after Midnight Fane. Really boring game. Well... It's back to high quality self-insert+Harem gameplay in Icewind Dale instead

yeIHee6.png
G8xV3oW.png
I have a personal shiksa slave from each non-Gnome race (Gnome slaves are forbidden).

lightbane

Arcane
Wow, the writing gets worse every time a new pic is posted here. And this one is not related to romances or anything like the previous ones to boot.

The character portraits also look bad too.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
yes the game is shit and cucked beyond belief. Only diehard vatniks, trannies and build fag cucks could get any semblance of enjoyment out of it

FriendlyMerchant

build fag cucks could get any semblance of enjoyment out of it
If only the character building was actually good and not just a bunch of feature bloat where you end up using only a quarter or less of the classes because most of the are terrible compared to even the base classes.

Mikeal

Arcane
Lann is Cringe. Garbage puns too.
NHwWWaY.jpg

I tried to play this shit again recently. But I lost interest in Chapter 3 and ended up just dropping it after Midnight Fane. Really boring game. Well... It's back to high quality self-insert+Harem gameplay in Icewind Dale instead

yeIHee6.png
G8xV3oW.png
I have a personal shiksa slave from each non-Gnome race (Gnome slaves are forbidden).

Wow it seems that writing in Numa-Numa wasn't so bad after all.

FriendlyMerchant

yes the game is shit and cucked beyond belief. Only diehard vatniks, trannies and build fag cucks could get any semblance of enjoyment out of it
Combat fag cucks too.
Your attitude towards combat CHADs is misguided. Combat is usually the primary form of gameplay in rpgs should be the main focus of any development and should be the main criteria by which a game is judged. If the combat is shit, it doesn't matter how good or bad anything else is, the game is shit. If combat is ever the weak point of a game, it's a bad game. If combat is good, then the game is good. Wrath has mediocre at best combat and everything else is terrible (even the character building--3.0 was never a good system) so wrath is a terrible game.

A true combat CHAD plays something with good combat. They don't play Wrath.

Camel

Scholar
Your attitude towards combat CHADs is misguided. Combat is usually the primary form of gameplay in rpgs should be the main focus of any development and should be the main criteria by which a game is judged. If the combat is shit, it doesn't matter how good or bad anything else is, the game is shit. If combat is ever the weak point of a game, it's a bad game. If combat is good, then the game is good. Wrath has mediocre at best combat and everything else is terrible (even the character building--3.0 was never a good system) so wrath is a terrible game.

This is distilled combatfag cuck cope. PS:T and Arcanum are universally praised as some of the best RPGs in history despite having atrocious combat so quality of writing, story and characters matters a lot. Fallout 1-2 don't have a great combat too.

Last edited:

FriendlyMerchant

This is distilled combatfag cuck cope. PS:T and Arcanum are universally praised as some of the best RPGs in history despite having atrocious combat so quality of writing, story and characters matters a lot. Fallout 1-2 don't have a great combat too.
PS:T, Arcanum, and the original Fallout games are all overrated. All their praise comes from people who would be better off reading books or watching movies rather than praising mediocre games for something that movies and books do much better.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
combatchads should volunteer in ukraine rather than praising mediocre games for something that actual combat does much better
RUS doesn’t look like they need my help. I’m not fighting for the retards occupying my country that’s for damn sure.

Ladonna

Arcane
I have been thinking of adding this game to my wishlist, but saw this review on gog, can anyone confirm if this is correct?
Disclaimer: I originally purchased the game on another platform during a sale, where I refunded it after reading the EULA. This review exists to share what's in the EULA at the time of writing in a way most people will understand. So, as a passing fan of the previous Pathfinder game (Kingmaker), I was eagerly anticipating this sequel. I had to wait until it went on sale to pick it up, but I did right around the release of the latest (at time of writing) update - The Inevitable Update. Like most folks, I barely read the EULA these games make you agree to before clicking through to hurry up and start rolling characters, but I had seen a review that mentioned some issues with the conditions in it, so I decided to read this one. Needless to say, I refunded the game immediately. The TL;DR is that the game requires you to allow Owlcat Games the ability to download third-party software onto your computer. This external software is permitted to scrape your machine for data, including hardware specs and other installed apps. The data is supposedly anonymized, but is geolocated. The scraped information is then permitted to be used for marketing purposes with any of Owlcat's marketing partners. I believe this is called "spyware" and unfortunately, it seems as though Owlcat snuck this in. From what I can gather, a small update occurred shortly before the Inevitable Update which added this text to the EULA; it was not present before. For a game which had already been on the market several months, this is very shady behavior. Most current (and new, for that matter) users are just going to click through the EULA without reading it. So, unfortunately, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is (in my opinion) retroactively made spyware by one of the most recent updates, and I strongly recommend folks avoid it until Owlcat removes the text and offending code from their EULA and game. (For what it's worth, Kingmaker doesn't seem to have the same problem.)

Codex Year of the Donut
I have been thinking of adding this game to my wishlist, but saw this review on gog, can anyone confirm if this is correct?
Disclaimer: I originally purchased the game on another platform during a sale, where I refunded it after reading the EULA. This review exists to share what's in the EULA at the time of writing in a way most people will understand. So, as a passing fan of the previous Pathfinder game (Kingmaker), I was eagerly anticipating this sequel. I had to wait until it went on sale to pick it up, but I did right around the release of the latest (at time of writing) update - The Inevitable Update. Like most folks, I barely read the EULA these games make you agree to before clicking through to hurry up and start rolling characters, but I had seen a review that mentioned some issues with the conditions in it, so I decided to read this one. Needless to say, I refunded the game immediately. The TL;DR is that the game requires you to allow Owlcat Games the ability to download third-party software onto your computer. This external software is permitted to scrape your machine for data, including hardware specs and other installed apps. The data is supposedly anonymized, but is geolocated. The scraped information is then permitted to be used for marketing purposes with any of Owlcat's marketing partners. I believe this is called "spyware" and unfortunately, it seems as though Owlcat snuck this in. From what I can gather, a small update occurred shortly before the Inevitable Update which added this text to the EULA; it was not present before. For a game which had already been on the market several months, this is very shady behavior. Most current (and new, for that matter) users are just going to click through the EULA without reading it. So, unfortunately, Pathfinder: Wrath of the Righteous is (in my opinion) retroactively made spyware by one of the most recent updates, and I strongly recommend folks avoid it until Owlcat removes the text and offending code from their EULA and game. (For what it's worth, Kingmaker doesn't seem to have the same problem.)
C1439CF7513A79CB356CA498BF2159F3C4AC042F

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2

Vatniks? Devs support 100% Borderland and were explaining on plebit that they did not put so much degeneracy in their old titles cause of their backward Russian fans.

Ladonna

Arcane
C1439CF7513A79CB356CA498BF2159F3C4AC042F

Thanks Rusty. Fuck these clowns then. If I feel like playing this in the future, I will wait for a special edition provided by freebooters.

Sarathiour

Cipher
I'm by no mean a legal expert, but I'm pretty sure the EULA is retarded and considered void and null in most first world country, or at the very least in the UE.

Well given the state of the game, I was freebooting anyway.

lightbane

Arcane
Welp, it seems this makes it only worth pirating if at all, and playing it offline for sure.

quixotic

Learned
The section that matters is 3. USE OF DATA, if that helps.
Also there are some grammitical errors in that EULA.
For instance:
on the Software using by the User

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom