Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

Ladonna

Arcane
I thought this was the Codex thread for this game, which is why I posted the EULA question here, then I went back to read through the thread.

This game sounds like some Japanese hentai game lol. Sex with a Fox person? Tranny sex? Damn, this game sure moved into the Current Thing way more than Kingmaker. Is there a thematic reason for this shit? Or has the developer just gone fully into the SJW sicko mindset?

DnD (and derivatives) have sure gone a long way from the Goldbox games. Pretty much adults only stuff now.

Camel

Scholar
This game sounds like some Japanese hentai game lol. Sex with a Fox person? Tranny sex? Damn, this game sure moved into the Current Thing way more than Kingmaker. Is there a thematic reason for this shit? Or has the developer just gone fully into the SJW sicko mindset?
It’s both:
1. The game is based on the extremely pozzed and degenerate Pathfinder module.
2. Owlcat hired degenerate writers.
Also I’ve read that some Kickstarter backers asked inclusion of Kitsune.

The best and most eloquent description of the Owlcat narrative designers.
how I can train myself to properly qualify for a narrative design job
Step 0: Wear horn-rimmed glasses and snazzy hat
Step 1: Get mad skills writing railroaded pathfinder modules where every NPC is a tranny
Step 2: Call out old ''classics'' like Baldur's Gate for the misogynistic tripe they are, you can do much better
Step ⚨: What did you just say to me you fucking cis scum? *ding dong bannu* *review deleted* All criticism is hate speech and thoughtcrime
Step C: I'M BEING ATTACKED BY GOOBERGATE NEO-NAZIS LITERALLY RAPE CALL IN THE TWITTER TROOPS ANITA HELP
Step ???: H-hey this is beamdogg brent swole pls buy our game we are being review bombed by evil bigots

gg ur now beamdog king

Dikirim saka G3502T SM- sandi nggunakake Tapatalk

Last edited:

Sarathiour

Cipher
Sex with furry is not really there, it's played as joke because nenio is extremely autistic, you don't actually have sex with her. You're also not fucking tranny, but you're stuck with one until the very last chapter.

lightbane

Arcane
Is an Alchemist build playable in this game? I remember it was one of the most fun and customizable classes of Pathfinder 1.0, so chances are it likely doesn't work well here if the quality of the other game elements is similar to the writing.

Peachcurl

Cipher
Is an Alchemist build playable in this game? I remember it was one of the most fun and customizable classes of Pathfinder 1.0, so chances are it likely doesn't work well here if the quality of the other game elements is similar to the writing.
Nah, I think Owlcat did a pretty good job with implementing the classes 'n stuff. But you're probably better of asking in the main thread.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

It's one of the best general and splash classes in Kingmaker. Dunno for wrath

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
You can get the utility it and Bard provided in P:K in other ways in Wrath, so they're less essential, but still solid. Wrath gives you twists like an Alchemist that Summons (very good, especially since the fifth level spells in Alch book blow), one that can Wild Shape (including Dragonform) with a Stealth bonus, and one that can give interesting Alchemical bonuses to the whole team (but plays out a little clunky). No really good Mythic fit though I don't think.

user

Savant
Avenia is really one of the worst characters made by Owlcat and brings down the whole campaign.
Not because she is trans you slimy bigots, but because she is the captain of your guard and acts like she is your edgy teenager pal in a freakin highschool drama.

Fowyr

Arcane
Vatnik
This game sounds like some Japanese hentai game lol.
You wish.
Sex with a Fox person?
It's a joke.
Tranny sex?
Not present.
Damn, this game sure moved into the Current Thing way more than Kingmaker. Is there a thematic reason for this shit? Or has the developer just gone fully into the SJW sicko mindset?
I wrote about it somewhere. Basically, Pathfinder and original modules are full of SJW shit. The game - not much. There are a lot of iffy parts, but a lot of cringe shit is thematic - for example, local tanar'ries are degenerates.

DnD (and derivatives) have sure gone a long way from the Goldbox games. Pretty much adults only stuff now.
Yep. I blame Bioware.

Vatnik Wumao
Nothing bad about them being adult only, what's bad about it is that it's done poorly. Immersion breaking emancipatory crap posing as 'mature writing' and too much of a focus on romancefaggotry.

Less faggotry, more glorious carnage))

ArchAngel

Arcane
Seems the appropriate place to ask this, is there any work being done on modding out the cringe/pozzed content?
I doubt it, people that are most angry about it don't even play the game so they for sure are not going to stop shitposting 12h per day to actually work.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
I doubt it, people that are most angry about it don't even play the game so they for sure are not going to stop shitposting 12h per day to actually work.
I'm one of the people who's the most angry about it and I've probably put a couple of hundred hours into the game. I've lost track of what playthrough I'm on now. I still haven't beaten it. I just keep restarting and trying different things to make the game not suck but no matter what I try the game is still shit.

Shaki

Arbiter
I'm one of the people who's the most angry about it and I've probably put a couple of hundred hours into the game. I've lost track of what playthrough I'm on now. I still haven't beaten it. I just keep restarting and trying different things to make the game not suck but no matter what I try the game is still shit.
How do you play a game you hate, for HUNDREDS of hours? I thought me putting 70h+ into PoE and forcing myself to finish it, just to be able to shit on it from an informed position, was autistic af. But this is far beyond that.

Are you trying to win the competition for the biggest retard on codex or smth?

notpl

Arbiter
Seems the appropriate place to ask this, is there any work being done on modding out the cringe/pozzed content?
I beat the game twice and didn't even know there was a trans character until I saw people complaining about it.
Then obviously you aren't the type to exhaust dialogue options or maybe you just don't read the text.
Judging from the screenshot in the OP, looks like you'd need Diplomacy to ever even see that dialogue. I don't negotiate or roleplay cowards that do.

GhostCow

Balanced Gamer
Patron
How do you play a game you hate, for HUNDREDS of hours? I thought me putting 70h+ into PoE and forcing myself to finish it, just to be able to shit on it from an informed position, was autistic af. But this is far beyond that.

Are you trying to win the competition for the biggest retard on codex or smth?
I've already played all the good games to death. All that's left is shit. At least I can enjoy screwing around with builds even if the encounter design, writing, and characters are all terrible. Except for Woljif and Ember. They're alright.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom