Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Wrath of the cringefinder compilation thread

Camel

Scholar
Is there more cringe from the Treasure of the Midnight Isles DLC?

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
The Wrath thread is kept alive solely by the same 5 autists now.
The same five autists keep every thread alive you miserable nihilistic fuck.
Unless they get banned for being too autistic for even the Dex.
Lol. Not what happened, though Chippy would like to some days no doubt. Alas, even spiced ham beats starvation.

Wha? What did I miss? Are you guys still measuring dicks and crits?. Like I said before, a big fuckin' sword wins everytime.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath
IDK man, looks like RUS might finally be getting serious.

Codex Year of the Donut
image.png

Sarathiour

Cipher
Are one of you finally going to post the tiefling live matter before I start playing the enhanced edition patched ?

Sarathiour

Cipher
devil and demons are not the same thing in the pathfinder lore.

Basically, demons are just extra-planar entity born of human vice, they still abide by some rule and feel pain/pleasure .

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Well, take cringy followers, listen to cringy talks, everyone gets the crusade he deserves.
Here's mine:
uOroi7q.png

vZ6OIMZ.png
Devils .. afraid of torture? In a insidious way, this is even worse than some stuff posted here.
Devils are Lawful.
These are demons, the Chaotic kind.
Considering you've already shown the depth of you knowledge on the topic, I'm still curious if you know a special rule in Pathfinder stating that demons (or devils for that matter) are immune to pain?

Sarathiour

Cipher
Well, I'm not the one who's going to blame someone for not knowing the in and out of pathfinder lore.

Alex

Arcane
Well, take cringy followers, listen to cringy talks, everyone gets the crusade he deserves.
Here's mine:
uOroi7q.png

vZ6OIMZ.png
Devils .. afraid of torture? In a insidious way, this is even worse than some stuff posted here.
Devils are Lawful.
Considering you've already shown the depth of you knowledge on the topic, I'm still curious if you know a special rule in Pathfinder stating that demons (or devils for that matter) are immune to pain?

Basically, demons are just extra-planar entity born of human vice, they still abide by some rule and feel pain/pleasure .

Why call them devils if they are supposed to be just living beings like any other?

Vatnik Wumao
Why call them devils if they are supposed to be just living beings like any other?
Devils aren't beings like any other.

Born from the foulest of mortal souls—their personalities and memories long since scoured by millennia of torment—would-be devils rise from the masses of suffering souls as lemures, revolting beings of mindless evil potentiality. Only through continued centuries of torture or by the edicts of more powerful devils do these least of devilkind rise to become deadlier fiends, graduating through a pain-wracked metamorphosis dictated by their masters or the infernal whims of Hell’s semi-sentient layers. While fiendish lords wield transformation into greater or lesser forms as both prize and punishment, some devils spontaneously rise from particularly evil souls long trapped upon an infernal layer. Thus, although the various diabolical breeds possess recognizable abilities and hold generalized rankings in the great infernal hierarchy, a devil’s type alone does not always correspond to a specific tenure of torment or place in the infernal chain of command.

The least of devilkind, lemures roil forth from the ranks of souls damned to Hell, shapeless masses of quivering flesh. What spark of instinct or memory lingers on within a lemure’s semi-consciousness regularly shapes its features to mimic those of its tormentors or the tortured souls around it. Grotesque and useless, a lemure’s features speak nothing of what it once was. Many exhibit multiple terrible visages or are nothing more than churning pillars of cancerous flesh. Only their knobby, flailing limbs work as they should, and those they merely use to destroy any non-infernal life that draws too near. Moving lemures typically congeal in forms over 4 feet tall and weigh upward of 200 pounds, though when at rest these disgusting fiends often appear to be little more than lumps of melted flesh and malformed features.

Although among the most loathsome creatures in existence, lemures serve a vital role in Hell’s perverse ecology. When at the end of a mortal life a creature’s soul is damned—whether because it revered diabolical forces or failed in the worship of another deity—it joins the masses of suffering souls filling the plains of Avernus, Hell’s first layer. Here a soul’s torments begin as lesser devils marshal it along with similar spirits in preparation for a long, perilous journey to one of Hell’s deeper layers—typically one suited to the punishments appropriate to the soul’s crimes, or merely the domain of a devil who has need for slaves. Upon reaching the realm of their damnation, souls face untold lifetimes of torment at the hands of devils, other fiendish beings, and the deadly machinations of Hell itself. As the formerly mortal essences slowly go mad, they forget their lives, grow bestial, and eventually become little more than automatons of fear and hatred. After ages of such existence, the cruel processes of Hell either utterly annihilate the soul or—in the cases of the most profane spirits—reconsecrate such forsaken beings into lemures, the building blocks of devils, unthinking waves of filth and diabolical flesh. Such repulsive beings assemble in vast mobs, waves of putrescence thousands upon thousands strong. Greater devils can spot the most corrupt of these fiends and, either through mysterious tortures or the powers of Hell itself, reshape them into true devils, newly born and ready to obediently serve in the legions of the damned.

Nortar

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
Here's mine:
uOroi7q.png

vZ6OIMZ.png
Devils are Lawful.

I hate when other species, notably the dwarves, are potrayed just like the "humans in different pants".
So I kind of agree with your angle.
But it's still strange to assume that defining if not the only thing setting demons and devils (in pathfinder there are also Neutral daemons) apart from mortals should be pain tolerance.

Alex

Arcane
Here's mine:
uOroi7q.png

vZ6OIMZ.png
Devils are Lawful.

I hate when other species, notably the dwarves, are potrayed just like the "humans in different pants".
So I kind of agree with your angle.
But it's still strange to assume that defining if not the only thing setting demons and devils (in pathfinder there are also Neutral daemons) apart from mortals should be pain tolerance.

Not the main feature, but ignoring for a second the whole issue of being immaterial (which, to be fair, is something no RPG gets right, as far as I know); what is a bit of cutting and punching compared to the tortures of hell (which, I would argue, they should carry with them wherever they go)?

Vatnik Wumao

Not the main feature, but ignoring for a second the whole issue of being immaterial (which, to be fair, is something no RPG gets right, as far as I know); what is a bit of cutting and punching compared to the tortures of hell (which, I would argue, they should carry with them wherever they go)?
You're still conflating the two. It's a demon that's afraid of torture in that screenshot. And also, demons aren't immaterial beings.

Although mortals cannot recall a time when they were not haunted and tormented by demons, the strange truth is that demonkind is one of the youngest races to rise in the Outer Planes, for they are the direct result of the interaction between sinful mortal souls and the Abyss itself. In essence, demons are the ultimate “evolution” of sins born of mortal choice, a final scourge upon existence and a necessary price to pay for free will.

When the first sinful mortal souls were judged and sent on to their ultimate fates, those sent into the Abyss did not manifest as the Damned and enter the remorseless machine that is Hell, nor did they rematerialize in their living bodies on Abaddon to become prey for the daemonic host. Those who came to the Abyss manifested as larvae—worm-like creatures with pale, glistening bodies and twisted human faces stretched over the pulpy and chitinous masses that now passed as their heads. These larvae gathered on the rims of the Abyssal rifts, and as the countless worlds of the Material Plane continued to offer up sinful souls as grist for the Abyss, vast seas of larvae began to choke the realm. It wasn’t until a now-forgotten daemon lord, one of the first Horsemen of the Apocalypse, came upon a fatal idea that true demons came into existence. This lord had long held a strange interest in the qlippoth of the deepest Abyss, and in his realm kept many as stock for experiments and investigation. Intrigued by the potency of larvae, the ancient Horseman began to conduct experiments with larvae and qlippoth—experiments that showed immediate promise. Over time, the nameless Horseman perfected his methods, and at last was able to trigger a most unholy transformation. The amalgamation of sinful soul-stuff and living matter birthed eons ago by the Abyss convulsed and transformed from the inside out, making something entirely new: the first demon.

Legends vary on the subject of who this first demon may have been. While many believe the creature born that fateful moment would eventually become herself, much evidence suggests otherwise. It seems likely that this first demon has long since been slain and reworked into some strange new form by the Abyss—apocalyptic scholars and explorers believe that the first demon may still exist in some deep and undiscovered node in the Abyss or beyond, and that its reemergence into the multiverse will presage a new age of transformation in the Outer Rifts.

Yet the nature and fate of that first demon are overshadowed by a much greater event that occurred a moment after its creation. For the creation of that first demon, that first transformation of mortal soul into demonic life, did not go unseen or unknown. The Abyss itself felt the transformation, and almost as if the act were akin to plucking a load-bearing pebble from the fractured expanse of a vast dam, the transformation spread explosively. Across the Abyss, spasms of birth shuddered through the squirming seas of larvae. Waves of undulant flesh flowed over the edges of the rifts as individual larvae—their guts gorged upon Abyssal plants or flesh, filth, and decay—transformed into demons by the millions. This chain reaction filled the Outer Rifts with a violent new form of life in the span of a few heartbeats, and in an eyeblink demons became the most populous of the fiendish races.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom