Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You all need to apologize so we can move forward

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
At this point because you want it back so badly I'm inclined to think we shouldn't bring it back at all.

Nelka

Educated
YOU ALL REALLY NEED TO BE APOLOGIZING TO YOURSELF FOR NOT GETTING A SUBSCRIPTION TO NORDVPN. WITH NORDVPN YOU CAN SAFELY SHITPOST AND PIRATE WITHOUT WORRYING ABOUT YOUR ANONYMITY BEING COMPROMISED.
you forgot to tell us your promo code, what's the point without it

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
Don't we already have a shoutbox thread? Why make more? Why is the shoutbox so important?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
4k_fellowship_movie_screencaps.com_23524.0.jpg

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Here's an idea! Reinstate shoutbox then make me mod of it so I can ban every single person who was against its return. This way they will never have to interact with or see the shoutbox!

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
If you never plan on using the reinstated shoutbox you should at least want it back out of principle. Options are always nice to have and features shouldn't be stripped away from us by the likes of the people responsible for this.

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Compromise: reinstate the shoutbox and just take it off the main page so fucking losers who hate things they have complete control over avoiding can be babied into a life conducive to their own happiness.

The problem was not the Shoutbox as it is easy to ignore, especially if you go to the forum directly. The problem was the Shoutbox drama spilling into the forum (and especially Site Feedback) 24/7. First threads about Shoutbox drama, then threads about bans caused by the Shoutbox drama, then new Shoutbox drama and more bans, then Discord drama - ad nauseum. If you kept your drama in the Shoutbox, you could have 10 Shoutboxes for all I care but I highly doubt that would happen.

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The problem was the Shoutbox drama spilling into the forum (and especially Site Feedback) 24/7.
Which is why a Shoutbox Drama forum was sorely needed.
Yes, like a lounge or lobby of sorts.

Personally I am nearly insulted that I am now expected to aimlessly click through the forum on the hunt for soft whispers while what I need to read are SHOUTS!

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik
But you're one of the main reasons Shoutbox was taken away.
Me? One of the main reasons? Can I get a source on this? It's generally accepted here that Theo and Theo alone was the reason.
Yeah the tranny is the sole cause of shoutbox going to shit. Reminder that it was Roguey the cannibal who recruited the tranny from Resetera to post in the codex.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Compromise: reinstate the shoutbox and just take it off the main page so fucking losers who hate things they have complete control over avoiding can be babied into a life conducive to their own happiness.

The problem was not the Shoutbox as it is easy to ignore, especially if you go to the forum directly. The problem was the Shoutbox drama spilling into the forum (and especially Site Feedback) 24/7. First threads about Shoutbox drama, then threads about bans caused by the Shoutbox drama, then new Shoutbox drama and more bans, then Discord drama - ad nauseum. If you kept your drama in the Shoutbox, you could have 10 Shoutboxes for all I care but I highly doubt that would happen.
How about instead of making another drama thread, my next site feedback thread will be a tutorial on how to ignore a thread.

No. Not just closing your eyes. There's an actual built in feature that lets anyone who isn't a massive faggot ignore a thread. I'm sure the mods will pin it because you seem incapable of not reading and participating in every single thread from the top down like some systematic thorough scum fuck. Eat my fucking ass you fucking retard.

And yes crispy, I am upset.

DarkUnderlord

Professional Throne Sitter
Staff Member
The problem was the Shoutbox drama spilling into the forum (and especially Site Feedback) 24/7.
Which is why a Shoutbox Drama forum was sorely needed.
We need a forum for a chat feature that people use almost entirely separately to the forum, so that people in the chat room can complain about people in the chat room.

But in a forum.

:notsureifserious:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom