Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

You all need to apologize so we can move forward

Lord of Riva

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Wrath
There is nothing to apologize for in my case. The Shoutbox is unnecessary as it allows people to create drama way faster, still the shoutbox is not the reason for the drama just it's the catalyst.

Re-enabling it will however bring the drama back, since the root cause has not been addressed.

Not that I believe it will not return, the insanity hasn't stopped.

jebsmoker

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In I helped put crap in Monomyth
the 'dex is actually noticeably better without the box. i had some good times in the box and still miss it, but i prefer a better codex experience

Tarkleigh

Learned
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
Compromise: reinstate the shoutbox and just take it off the main page so fucking losers who hate things they have complete control over avoiding can be babied into a life conducive to their own happiness.

The problem was not the Shoutbox as it is easy to ignore, especially if you go to the forum directly. The problem was the Shoutbox drama spilling into the forum (and especially Site Feedback) 24/7. First threads about Shoutbox drama, then threads about bans caused by the Shoutbox drama, then new Shoutbox drama and more bans, then Discord drama - ad nauseum. If you kept your drama in the Shoutbox, you could have 10 Shoutboxes for all I care but I highly doubt that would happen.
How about instead of making another drama thread, my next site feedback thread will be a tutorial on how to ignore a thread.

No. Not just closing your eyes. There's an actual built in feature that lets anyone who isn't a massive faggot ignore a thread. I'm sure the mods will pin it because you seem incapable of not reading and participating in every single thread from the top down like some systematic thorough scum fuck. Eat my fucking ass you fucking retard.

And yes crispy, I am upset.
Sounds great, maybe I can do my part and teach you how to ignore a user (e. g. Theodora) at the same time.

And by the way, I think one of the main reasons Tavar donated the money for the restoration of the ignore thread feature was so he could ignore the Shoutbox drama threads in Site Feedback :-D

Last edited:

Humbaba

Arcane
Many people around here are hesitant to use the ignore button, because some autist once convinced them it was unmanly to do so. Apparently, real men nag staff about an issue they could easily solve themselves. Curious!

Self-Ejected

Atlet

Self-Ejected
Vatnik
the 'dex is actually noticeably better without the box. i had some good times in the box and still miss it, but i prefer a better codex experience

This place is a shithole so what is so much better now than before? Its still the same crap, the same discussions and the same idiots posting the same retardation as always. I didnt notice any improvements; its just shoutboxers learning there is a forum next to the box.

Lady Error

█▓▒░ ░▒▓█
Patron
Vatnik
Strap Yourselves In
This place is a shithole so what is so much better now than before? Its still the same crap, the same discussions and the same idiots posting the same retardation as always.
Maybe you'd be happier where your friend Ted came from. Also, sad to see that you have gone off the commie deep end.

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Compromise: reinstate the shoutbox and just take it off the main page so fucking losers who hate things they have complete control over avoiding can be babied into a life conducive to their own happiness.

The problem was not the Shoutbox as it is easy to ignore, especially if you go to the forum directly. The problem was the Shoutbox drama spilling into the forum (and especially Site Feedback) 24/7. First threads about Shoutbox drama, then threads about bans caused by the Shoutbox drama, then new Shoutbox drama and more bans, then Discord drama - ad nauseum. If you kept your drama in the Shoutbox, you could have 10 Shoutboxes for all I care but I highly doubt that would happen.
How about instead of making another drama thread, my next site feedback thread will be a tutorial on how to ignore a thread.

No. Not just closing your eyes. There's an actual built in feature that lets anyone who isn't a massive faggot ignore a thread. I'm sure the mods will pin it because you seem incapable of not reading and participating in every single thread from the top down like some systematic thorough scum fuck. Eat my fucking ass you fucking retard.

And yes crispy, I am upset.
Sounds great, maybe I can do my part and teach you how to ignore a user (e. g. Theodora) at the same time.

And by the way, I think one of the main reasons Tavar donated the money for the restoration of the ignore thread feature was so he could ignore the Shoutbox drama threads in Site Feedback :-D
Can't ignore someone who banned me for talking about scammers in the shoutbox so that she could continue talking about whatever she wanted, but you're more than capable of avoiding a thread you seem to hate. It's all about conduciveness.

Also, everyone constantly complains about drama here but they all rush to give their take on the latest. I think you all like the dreams.

You're all drama whores. Especially DarkUnderlord

puur prutswerk

Magister
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
The Sad Tale Of Mr. R.P.G. Codex

After mr. Codex decided the itch was too much and plucked his eyes out he felt relieved. "The itching!" He exclaimed, "It's gone!" he gurgled with exhausted difficulty. He continued talking to himself, "That itch was horrible, I can still walk, I can still talk, I can hear myself and I can tell myself that this is for the better and that I am not worse off in any way. Truly I have improved myself" Okay mr. Codex.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

Jenkem

その目、だれの目?
Patron
Vatnik
Make the Codex Great Again! Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I helped put crap in Monomyth
This place is a shithole so what is so much better now than before? Its still the same crap, the same discussions and the same idiots posting the same retardation as always.
Maybe you'd be happier where your friend Ted came from. Also, sad to see that you have gone off the commie deep end.

It's faggots like him that DU caters to now, unfortunately.

Dwarvophile

Liturgist
Which drama ? I have troubles keeping the count. Is it the one where some guys got caught up with their pants down in a tranny bus ?

Kruno

Arcane
Patron
Village Idiot Zionist Agent Shitposter
The problem was the Shoutbox drama spilling into the forum (and especially Site Feedback) 24/7.
Which is why a Shoutbox Drama forum was sorely needed.
We need a forum for a chat feature that people use almost entirely separately to the forum, so that people in the chat room can complain about people in the chat room.

But in a forum.

:notsureifserious:
It makes sense when you are schizo! Take more meth!

CHEMS

Scholar
Whats stopping you guys from making a irc channel just like the shitbox?

Ontopoly

Disco Hitler
Occasionally I want Theo to enter so I can aggressively hate her and I can't do that anywhere else than the shoutbox since everyone is funneled into the same shoutbox regardless of clique when there's an official shoutbox.

Tacgnol

Shitlord
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Grab the Codex by the pussy RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth

Because Onto wants to be the centre of attention and subject everyone to his constant idiocy.

An unofficial IRC channel isn't going to leak boring drama into the forum for all to see.

HeroMarine

Irenaeus
Vatnik

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom