Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Delterius

Arcane
A lot of the actual clothing set-ups in the V5 art posted are not that out there (the bigger problem is really just the artist's style), but the bigger issue is really just that you'd expect these to be something people who were embraced less than 30 years ago at the very maximum would go with.
i dunno man, gen x'rs are the sticks in the mud and might sometimes color our perception of the Ancestors -- a boomer-like vampire OTOH would probably channel his much superior sense of entitled stubborness and adopt new clothes like they all learn to use the tablet

J1M

Arcane
In general, I would expect vampires to be wearing outdated styles. Like what your grandparents would wear if they had the same body as when they were 30.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
I think these are all thin-bloods, so they'll be in with the cool modern kids. The Nosferatu make me suspect this because they aren't as deformed as the previous generations.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
In general, I would expect vampires to be wearing outdated styles. Like what your grandparents would wear if they had the same body as when they were 30.
The Masquerade means not drawing attention to yourself, which means updating the wardrobe at least once a decade.

J1M

Arcane
The Masquerade means not drawing attention to yourself, which means updating the wardrobe at least once a decade.
Yes, and the results are a little funny when your grandparents try to do that.

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Yes, and the results are a little funny when your grandparents try to do that.
Old people trying to look young is a mistake, but everyone looks fine in normal clothes. A youthful looking vampire can get away with looking tacky, considering all young people chasing trends do.

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
A young hipster wearing anachronistic clothes?

10704830-0-image-a-23_1551974207960.jpg

Wasn't there a news story about a hipster suing some company for using his image without prior authorization only for it to turn out it was a completely different person, but because hipsters are all so uniquely similar the guy suing couldn't tell himself apart from the thousand other hipster clones?

If you're a vampire and want to blend in the smart thing to do would be to dress like a hipster. They're so uniform no one will be able to tell you apart from the rest.

Storyfag

Perfidious Pole
Patron
Obviously, we're not going to be seeing any models covered in tons of swaying accessories and soft fabrics, but that doesn't mean that they wouldn't do it if they could, given that this is the new art direction for the IP.
Obviously I continue to disagree. The art direction in the trailer is nothing like this. Why aren't you looking at it? Maybe you think Hardsuit outsourced it to Dreamworks?

TBH, Hardsuit did outsource it. To Platige Image.

You know, for a community of discerning gentlemen and trannies, this thread features surprisngly many degenerates with the attention span of a goldfish, who cannot tell the difference between PnP stuff and CRPG stuff.
Or, maybe, just maybe, the direction in a PnP developed alongside the CRPG, with the owner of one project owning the other, has some meaning in the general direction taken.

I wasn't even addressing you, pleb. But since you feel I am calling you out, mayhap you are not really convinced of the merit of your arguments?
You weren't addressing anyone, pleb.

1. Equip the ring.
2. Re-read the last page or two of the thread.
3. Report back your findings.
4. If you solve the riddle, you shall be richly rewarded.
5. If you fail, you shall turn into a goldfish person.

You were making a retarded comment, and was called out on it. And what kind of retarded fucking logic is it to think that if someone reacts to your ridiculous insituations, then "ha ha, that means means that you actually think the opposite because your argument is weak! xD".

See, you completely misidentified my insinuations. So my logic is rather sound. My comment was not aimed at you, but you got all defensive. Perhaps I should have quoted the goldfish person I had in mind, to make it easier on you? Perhaps I should have added a quest compass and scaled down to your level?

What an absolute waste of air you are.

See dem bones? Breathing is something that happens to others.

Delterius

Arcane
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...-hardsuit-labs-by-liz-starr-from-hsl.1168106/
seems they'll have dev diaries
Hello, my name is Liz Starr, I am one of the Producers at Hardsuit Labs, and I have the dream job of working on Bloodlines 2. I am very happy to bring you this dev diary about Hardsuit Labs and the story behind our fantastic team.

Hardsuit Labs began in 2015 with Andy Kipling, Russell Nelson, and a team of about 20 people. We had all worked at another studio together before. When that place went out of business, Andy and Russ – then a Production Director and Tech Director – decided to ask a few of their former teammates to help start something new. Back then, we thought that it’d take maybe five years of bringing older games to newer formats for this band of veterans to gain enough reputation to pitch a full game production.

Two years later, Ka’ai Cluney, our Creative Director, burst into Andy’s office with an idea he and his friend Brian Mitsoda had come up with. Ka’ai is one of those people who seems to have been everywhere and done everything; from design at id Software and Monolith to building roofs in Alaska. He had worked with Brian (of Troika and Vampire: the Masquerade - Bloodlines fame) before. Together, they came up with a concept that lured Brian out of his own indie studio, into our team.

More importantly, it convinced Andy and Russ to go all in and to start pitching that full game project three years earlier than we’d have guessed.

When I discovered that what we were pitching was Bloodlines 2, I was beyond excited. Not only because Paradox has released some games that I give much of my free time to, but also because I am a huge World of Darkness fan. I wish I could tell my LARPing younger Ventrue self that she would one day be working on this game.

Turns out I wasn’t the only one: One of the wonderful things about World of Darkness and Hardsuit Labs is that we have a lot of fans in the team. There’ve been off-hours Vampire tabletop games in the conference room since before the project properly started. Those who were new to the IP were gently introduced to the fandom and have also embraced it.

Nowadays, Hardsuit Labs is a good mix of seasoned veterans and recently bloodied developers of many different backgrounds. One example of strengthening this mix is Cara Ellison, who joined us early last year. Cara's known to some for her work as a journalist (at Rock Paper Shotgun et. al), to others for her work on Dishonored 2... and to even fewer for her testing on GTA4. We value our diversity of experience and the diversity of us as individuals; we know this brings more perspective to our work and company culture, and ultimately creates better games.

For Bloodlines 2, this team is putting all its passion and motivation behind the narrative of Brian and Cara. We can’t wait for you to sink your teeth into it!

nothing new tho

Last edited:

J1M

Arcane
Some thoughts after recently replaying Bloodlines:

-Would like to see the Anarchs removed from any future games. (Except maybe a single character that exists as an antifa parody.) Their inclusion crowds out space that could be better allocated to other interesting aspects of WoD. Additionally, as far as vampire conflict goes, internal Camarilla political maneuvering is more interesting than juvenile vampire-communism.

-Shooting vampires with guns as a vampire didn't feel great. They are naturally bullet-sponges. The choice to focus more on melee combat in Bloodlines 2 is fine in that context. Especially when trying to mix in stealth elements.

-Bloodlines 1 gives the impression that the supernatural isn't much of a secret. Almost every character you interact with is a part of the Masquerade. Would like to see some more emphasis on the Masquerade, perhaps in the form of some missions that involve cleaning up Masquerade violations.

-The Prince starts and ends multiple blood hunts. Which should be exciting, but they feel weightless with the way they are also quickly called off. Hopefully Bloodlines 2 has a blood hunt the player can participate in. Perhaps as an "optional" mission in the sense that if you ignore it another kindred will get to the target first.

-I want to diablerize something.

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
less emphasis on anarchs would be great. either represent all three big sects, or focus on one. bloodlines 1 has the excuse that it is blatantly unfinished, like every other troika game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom