Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Herumor

Scholar
Other than Mitsoda and Avellone, does anyone else really matter? Or rather, do people care for anyone else on this developer team? This team is the very definition of 'literally who' as far as I'm concerned.

If they had one or more good games on their developer resume, then I might care, but as it is, this is just useless information.

flushfire

Augur
Shooting vampires with guns as a vampire didn't feel great. They are naturally bullet-sponges. The choice to focus more on melee combat in Bloodlines 2 is fine in that context. Especially when trying to mix in stealth elements.
Guns are afaik weak in VtM for balance reasons, aren't they actually decent in VtM:B once you acquire better guns? Anyway there's probably a lot a competent dev can do to make gunplay better compared to VtM:B. Also, cmiiw but there are gun mods in v5 for fighting vampires, like raufoss ammo.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Other than Mitsoda and Avellone, does anyone else really matter? Or rather, do people care for anyone else on this developer team? This team is the very definition of 'literally who' as far as I'm concerned.

If they had one or more good games on their developer resume, then I might care, but as it is, this is just useless information.
It's just padding. They are trying to keep the hype train going for as long as possible because once it dies out you begin to lose potential customers.

Orma

Arcane
Patron
Torment: Tides of Numenera
How about you show some gameplay? Eh? Too much to ask?

20190423_175604.jpg

20190423_194643.jpg

mystery.png

GloomFrost

Arcane
I actually do NOT want to see any gameplay, i want to live a dream a bit longer. I mean The outer Worlds was by far my most anticipated game (I would even install Epics store launcher no problem). And then i saw that abomination Obsidian showed few days ago. Plz Bloodlines dont do that to me!

Hobo Elf

Arcane
They are trying to keep the hype train going for as long as possible because once it dies out you begin to lose potential customers.

I know, I just can't see how this could possibly get anyone hyped.
It wont, this is just desperation. Either they announced too early or there's something wrong with the game that we aren't being made aware of yet.

Theldaran

Liturgist
People have been pleading for a Bloodlines 2 forever. However, that implies that as long as the game lets them down, they're gonna pine and whine.

Nostalgy warps everything it touches.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Do you have a link to what you mean by that? I only know about the two gameplay videos they have shown for now...

Pretty sure it's the PAX video that bummed everyone out, because it looks a lot more small in scope and rough around the edges than people were hoping. That's Obsidian though, I bet I still like it a lot.

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I enjoyed a lot of the announcement day interviews; I think all of the developers will be interesting to hear from. A "Senior Product Manager" ... not so much.

J1M

Arcane
Shooting vampires with guns as a vampire didn't feel great. They are naturally bullet-sponges. The choice to focus more on melee combat in Bloodlines 2 is fine in that context. Especially when trying to mix in stealth elements.
Guns are afaik weak in VtM for balance reasons, aren't they actually decent in VtM:B once you acquire better guns? Anyway there's probably a lot a competent dev can do to make gunplay better compared to VtM:B. Also, cmiiw but there are gun mods in v5 for fighting vampires, like raufoss ammo.
The concept of a well-funded vampire shooting other vampires with anything other than incendiary rounds is pretty dumb any way you slice it.

I would rather have some sort of hand-wave like "you drop all weapons when you shape-change" to explain their absence.

Wesp5

Arcane
The concept of a well-funded vampire shooting other vampires with anything other than incendiary rounds is pretty dumb any way you slice it.

I think firearms should be usefull because you don't only meet vampires in the game and firearms are great against other enemies. Like in Bloodlines 1 you didn't fight many vampires compared to humans and even against some of the bosses firearms were the key to success while melee was much more difficult, see Ming or the Sheriff in their warforms...

The Real Fanboy
The Discord says everything there is to say about the game's weird announcement. "HEY JOIN THE DISCORD FOR MORE INFO GUISE" -> literal nothing on there for weeks

Umm, no sweetie. The discord has had several additions since the announcement.

5t58snv.png

:incline:
That is soo awesome!!!! It's such a small thing but it totally helps fandoms thrive when they're more inclusive! Love to see it ❤️

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom