Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade – Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs

Zombra

An iron rock in the river of blood and evil
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again! RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
So basically if the game doesn't sell well, no chance of seeing other non-standard clans in a VtM video game. I have to ask, does anyone know how much it would have to sell for Bloodlines 3 to happen?
fear not
i have preordered another copy
What are you doing with all these extra copies? Giving any to your broke ass friends? ლ(ٱ٥ٱლ)

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Oh man, gameplay-wise I'd really like to play Ventrue like I did in Bloodlines 1, Dominate and Fortitude are exactly what I like!
For role-playing reasons I will probably play Toreador this time though.

jungl

Augur
Your dude in bloodlines 2 sounds like a stupid grunt. Not being able to carry guns around. Pretty sure if you shoot someone in the neck and head with a high caliber gun you can make their head explode or decapitate them. Games developers dumb plenty of people want to larp as the monster with a gun. https://youtu.be/SwLgKcJMAmk

Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Why do Toreador have a high speed ability though? Obsessive artists and aestheticians being super fast doesn't sound that intuitive to me. Can someone explain this setting-/lore-/rp-wise to a non-expert?

Strigoro

Barely Literate
The disposable weapons kind runs against what seems to be weapons skins in game with the civil war sabre and custom Beretta. Thugs will carry a 2k pistol our PC will unload and shit can?

Anyway Florian (?) seemed to hint next reveal maybe off brand maybe lasombra over Nosferatu unless I am reaching there.

Vincente

Arbiter
Anyway Florian (?) seemed to hint next reveal maybe off brand maybe lasombra over Nosferatu unless I am reaching there.

Yeah I did pick up on that. Maybe it's not Malk after all.

He said they picked clans with playstyles in mind, we have Brujah for melee, Tremere for ''wizardry'', what we're missing is stealth, which makes me think of Nossies, despite both clans having Obfuscate.

normie

️‍
Patron
Zionist Agent
Insert Title Here
He said they picked clans with playstyles in mind, we have Brujah for melee, Tremere for ''wizardry'', what we're missing is stealth, which makes me think of Nossies, despite both clans having Obfuscate.
I'm sorry, my guy, but the v5 Oblivion is THE stealth + combat utility discipline straight up tailored to fit the game, so it will be Lasombra

Ent

Savant
Its an addition to the campaign featuring werewolves and most likely the addition of gangrel as a playable clan.

Wesp5

Arcane
Your dude in bloodlines 2 sounds like a stupid grunt. Not being able to carry guns around.

It has already been confirmed that you can carry four weapons, two melee and two firearms. Now as I understand it, Florian said that melee weapons will only break on special attacks and that you will only throw your firearms away if you are out of ammo. So keep using regular melee attacks and your ammo well stocked and both shouldn't happen!

frajaq

Erudite
It has already been confirmed that you can carry four weapons, two melee and two firearms. Now as I understand it, Florian said that melee weapons will only break on special attacks and that you will only throw your firearms away if you are out of ammo. So keep using regular melee attacks and your ammo well stocked and both shouldn't happen!

ok I'm less Mad about this now

I'm completely fine with not being able to carry around an entire arsenal, but not even a pistol or shotgun? come on it's easy to hide that shit

Delterius

Arcane
Why do Toreador have a high speed ability though? Obsessive artists and aestheticians being super fast doesn't sound that intuitive to me. Can someone explain this setting-/lore-/rp-wise to a non-expert?
What I do know is that Celerity is speculated to have been originated within Clan Brujah, as the True Brujah wield Temporis instead and that is just outright time manipulation.

Why the Toreador just happen to have Presence, like the Ventrue, and Celerity, like the Brujah, isn't outright explained. Nor does the 'oh they use it to be really graceful and mega dancers and stuff' from the books really fits the bill for a clan whose activities seem far removed from the nitty gritty of battle, I guess.

But I like to think that since the Toreador sided with both Rome and Carthage until the latters destruction, their discipline reflects an ambivalent nature (attracted to power/attracted to rebellion) that has followed them for centuries.

Vaarna_Aarne

Notorious Internet Vandal
MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
As the Good Book teaches us, you don't need guns if you are bad enough and a man and a half:

"WHO'S THE MAN? I'M THE MAN! I'M A BAD MAN! HOW BAD? REAL BAD! I'M 12.0 ON THE 10.0 SCALE OF BADNESS! DON'T NEED A GUN... GUNS ARE FOR WUSSES!" - 2 DOOM 1:6-14

What I do know is that Celerity is speculated to have been originated within Clan Brujah, as the True Brujah wield Temporis instead and that is just outright time manipulation.

Why the Toreador just happen to have Presence, like the Ventrue, and Celerity, like the Brujah, isn't outright explained. Nor does the 'oh they use it to be really graceful and mega dancers and stuff' from the books really fits the bill for a clan whose activities seem far removed from the nitty gritty of battle, I guess.

But I like to think that since the Toreador sided with both Rome and Carthage until the latters destruction, their discipline reflects an ambivalent nature (attracted to power/attracted to rebellion) that has followed them for centuries.
It is sort of a pet peeve of mine that they never really tried carrying through with making more unique Clan disciplines. V5 would have been excellent chance to give Nosferatu Nightmare from VtR, as an example. Obviously wouldn't be easy to come up with 13 distinct Clan disciplines, but it's not impossible (especially not after all the unique bloodline disciplines).

jf8350143

Liturgist
My bet is that you can carry guns(only a handful) with you, but you can also pick up guns from your enemy or from the environment during combat, and you only throw away these guns instead of carrying them with you.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom