Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Codex Year of the Donut

you could have picked a better name than "turdograd".

i thought this game had been released months ago, maybe a year or two even. is it still being worked on instead? i saw a kickstarter yesterday, filthy creature.

I could be wrong, but I believe the Russian name is Трудоград — "Labor City"

Question though:
What's the reason it's translated as Trudograd rather than the literal translation?

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao

you could have picked a better name than "turdograd".

i thought this game had been released months ago, maybe a year or two even. is it still being worked on instead? i saw a kickstarter yesterday, filthy creature.

I could be wrong, but I believe the Russian name is Трудоград — "Labor City"

Question though:
What's the reason it's translated as Trudograd rather than the literal translation?

Because it is two words without a space. It is literally LabourCity. Google is shit at noticing actual differences between languages. The separate words for the name are Trud and Grad.

Üstad

Arcane
Do we know anything about new perks? Also Atomboy if you ever make a sequel, for the love of babushkas please ditch the fallout's shitty combat system. Fallout is really bad when it comes to tactical combat. I know you'll never revamp the combat system in this game, I'm just talking about a possible sequel.

flushfire

Augur
Fallout's combat could be alright if expanded upon. I mean even as-is I don't think it's shit, like on the level of Arcanum or Lionheart. With some good maps and encounter design it could even be good.

I've seen this particular criticism in the game's Steam discussions, asking for a more tactical approach to combat as in Shadowrun or Wasteland 2, and IMO it doesn't really need to be, I mean Shadowrun's combat is more complex yes but what else is there? It's a combat-focused game. Wasteland 2 is a little better in that regard, but it also has weaknesses of its own. You just can't have everything.

Last edited:

Üstad

Arcane
Wtf is wrong with you, the combat is alright. You want magic colorful blasts or what?
Yes I want colourful blasts, I guess I didn't make it clear.

Fallout's combat could be alright if expanded upon. I mean even as-is I don't think it's shit, like on the level of Arcanum or Lionheart. With some good maps and encounter design it could even be good.

I've seen this particular criticism in the game's Steam discussions, asking for a more tactical approach to combat as in Shadowrun or Wasteland 2, and IMO it doesn't really need to be, I mean Shadowrun's combat is more complex yes but what else is there? It's a combat-focused game. Wasteland 2 is a little better in that regard, but it also has weaknesses of its own. You just can't have everything.
Yeah but fallout combat is about Action points and quality armor and weapons, not to mention you can have a build that can do almost everything. It's unbalanced also. In AoD there was some kind of balance between different builds and skills, I don't mean "balance" as in the modern "rpg" games. I also know Underrail more or less achieves this. But you can say it's a combat focus game.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
$10 price tag made me wary when it launched.
I though it's gonna be like that other russian game... Insomnia the Ark was it? Unfinished, buggy piece of shit.
But no, I was initially skeptical but gradually felt happy with the purchase.
It doesn't revolutionize anything, it slavishly followed Fallout (down to the fucking annoying companion battle non-control) and set it in Russia.
The writing won't amaze you, but for those tired of playing Fallout 1 & 2 , you can find some value out of owning ATOM RPG.

Murk

Arcane
I don't think it "slavishly" followed it since there are in fact improvements over F1/F2, not the least of which is a perfectly fine crafting system that provides great gear and consumables. Many of the core features are also just straight up +1 versions of what you could find in F1/F2. I replayed the Fallouts after spending about 100 hours in ATOM and what I saw, aside from the remarkable similarities, was that a metric ton of tedium in momentary interactions was removed when playing ATOM than would be found in F1/F2.

However, in this age, even something that is trying it's darndest to be a proper clone of Fallout 1 (and succeeding) is a welcomed sigh of relief. One of the few times where a game that claims to love the classic that I love, in fact shows that statement to be true in its execution.

I agree that there's always room for improvement, and I'm very optimistic that Trudogard and whatever ATOM team works on next will have more to offer.

Last edited:

Black Angel

Arcane
no tactical cat pet no buy
Don't worry, comrade
eee0c28226fab9ce55099d8e7bd2e88f2ffd61db.jpg

Tactical cat inbound

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom