Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Is inXile better than Fagsidian? Do they make better games? Is WL2 less brain damaging than PoE?

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Enough of this horseshit

Since I didn't create a poll alongside this para-Olympics, I actually went back and counted all the shitty opinions (which was incredibly easy given how polarizing this topic was).

"PoE is worse" - 10 faggots

"WL2 is worse" - 9 cucks

abstained/neutral - 3 autists

Seems we have a tie, ALMOST, however... at least two Obsi-shills were detected so I had to subtract the votes ,which leaves us with..

"PoE is worse" - 10 faggots

"WL2 is worse" - 7 cucks

Conclusions are the same as I suspected,

- WL is slightly less shit
- PoE has more shills

Thank you for participating in this shit-fest

EDIT:

Also, some observations are worth noting,

- PoE is prettier + set in mainstream fantasy , both of which attract more autistic mongrels but I counted those votes anyway
- PoE is a clear SJW favorite thus appearing to have a greater support, but only APPEARING

Last edited:

J_C

One Bit Studio
Patron
Developer
Project: Eternity Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
Fagsidian? This is some kindergarten level naming there. Good job! Also throwing around names like faggots, shills, cucks, shits, autists in each of your posts really makes you one of the worst the codex has to offer.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
And? You expected polite, academic discussion from the Codex? We get answers one way or the other though, and its good as an exercise in language/verbosity/art of insult/humor

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
So much edge itt. Somebody noticed hating on inXile gets you a handful of kkk from a bunch of nolifers and aspies. High school all over again.

I was kindda torn about vanilla W2, potentially great but a lot of flaws. Also bugs. Swarms and swarms of bugs.
Second time around, playing the DC I had a blast. It's the Fallout 3 I always wanted. Probably in my RPG Top10, now to think of it. ("Hurr gaim is shit bc of rail nomadz". Lol).

I thought PoE is just average. I finished the main game but stopped halfway through the first DLC. Just didn't see any reason to go on and I almost always finish games, even bad ones. The game just sortta blanded out into mush.

Efe

Erudite
whats the hate with rail nomads?
comparison is unnecessary since a turn based game is clearly superior.

Tick Tock Crocodile

Hm, maybe WL2 should be rated 4, but I was feeling generous and was influenced by industry-standard rating practices.

Why do people do this? You don't have Doritos to worry about; there is no developer in front of your face making sweet :shittydog: eyes at you. Why the gold star for effort? It's your party and you can cry if you want to.

Admittedly, I would consider a 4/10 game and a 6/10 game to be similar in that neither are probably worth playing, but still, they say different things about how far from good you think the game is. I don't believe being 'generous' like this helps anyone in the long run.

Last edited by a moderator:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
whats the hate with rail nomads?

The main questline there is a huge uneventful back and forth rinse'n repeat timesink after a certain point. Although, that's the case if you want the "good" outcome for the situation there, can't remember how it goes if you take sides or if you just leave it all alone once you've gotten all the loot you want. Still, though, the maps there should've been designed better, they are a drag in the longer run no matter what angle you look at it from.

ArchAngel

Arcane
Swap 1 Barb for 1 Moon priest then. 10/10 balance 10/10 system design
:balance:

Not optimal, but would work I guess. I'd probably rather have 5 Rangers for autopilot though.
Regardless...
I'm sure a 6-man Assault Rifle team in WL2 will face great difficulty...
It will.. called available ammo. Unlike Cucksidian that in their infinite wisdom decided to remove standard or special ammo from their game..

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Nomad camp just has some of the worst level design ever, the maps are atrocious, I skipped the place on both of my playthroughs and have no regrets.

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
Swap 1 Barb for 1 Moon priest then. 10/10 balance 10/10 system design
:balance:

Not optimal, but would work I guess. I'd probably rather have 5 Rangers for autopilot though.
Regardless...
I'm sure a 6-man Assault Rifle team in WL2 will face great difficulty...
It will.. called available ammo. Unlike Cucksidian that in their infinite wisdom decided to remove standard or special ammo from their game..

Oh, fair enough. If I recall correctly, it may only be a problem early on though. Plus heavy weapons have far worse ammo efficiency (for similar effects).

InD_ImaginE

Arcane
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath
WL2, even the DC version, is too okayish that it completely becomes mediocre. There is no single factor in which WL 2 excels, making it completely forgettable experience. Ditch the name Wasteland and Inexile and that big PR from being the 1st major success for Kickstarter Video Game Era and the game could pass as some indie garbage that could probably mistaken for some tablet RPGs.

PoE while is not a very good game excels in some part (art, especially location, music, bigger part of its writing compared to WL2). Even the horrible aspects on launch is at least acceptable better on the latest version. The expansion content manage to be good enough for the supposed BG successor.

Sigourn

uooh afficionado
Never forget.

Don_t_believe_his_lies.jpg

:cainapproves::whatisfun::slamdunk:

Chris Avelltwo

Scholar
People can say whatever they like, but at least Obsidian cares about their fans and does their damned best to keep all their promises that they make. Is POE a perfect game? Not by a long shot, but every kickstarter promise was kept, and they have patched and repatched the game numerous times since its release to improve things as much as possible. If nothing else they deserve an A+ for effort.

Now, as for InXile on the other hand, there have been lots of broken promises and cut content with Numenera and it took a full month for the first patch, and even though they have announced a director's cut to restore some of the cut content, this will be a long way off, and even then it only restores some of what was cut. So it looks likes many of their broken promises are going to remain broken permanently.

There's also a major problem with game balance with InXile's games where Nanos are the clearly superior class in Numenera, and assault rifles are clearly the superior weapon in WL2. Some people say balance doesn't matter in single player games, but I don't understand that argument. It actually matters a lot in fact, because when one thing is clearly and objectively superior to everything else, then that ends up being what everyone goes for every time and there ends up being no diversification in how you play a game, which hurts replayability. So Josh Sawyer and his obsession with balance is actually the correct approach.

The one and only bad thing I would say about POE is the consistently dark tone. There's very little humor to lighten the mood. You face bleakness and death and misery all over the Dyrwood and there's no real respite from that... so that is one gripe I have with it. But that is largely true with Numenera and WL2 as well. All these games could have benefited from more lighthearted moments. I'm not saying there shouldn't be darkness and misery, but it shouldn't be a constant thing from the start of the game to the ending. If I want endless darkness, I'd just turn on the news and see what is going on in the real world because there's no end of that here. Video games are supposed to be an escape from all that, right?

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
PoE hatred in codex is always seems autistic even moreso than usual. It is an okay game, dissapointing for sure, but it got more good than bad esoecially after extensive balancing and patches

Iznaliu

Arbiter
3 - I don't think a variety of builds is an asset when they're all so imbalanced and so shit. Like I said, gimme some motivation to play a Dwarf Rogue or an Elf Monk... Bored with Godlike Druids/Chanters/Priests/Ciphers and Orlan Fighters who're all EZ mode

Random Codex thread: "POE IS TOO BALANCED; ALL THE CLASSES ARE THE SAME IN POWER"

Another random Codex thread: "POE IS TOO UNBALANCED; CLASS POWER VARIES WILDLY"

NWN shits all over PoE in terms of system design

Give me some of what you're smoking

They fucking arent, its just a d100 with modifiers everywhere and DR for good measure. Its boring, its predictable and its not enjoyable, there is nothing in this system from which you can derive an ounce of entertainment. Theres nothing to it, no nuance, nothing interesting to interact with. Its restrictive and gamey and feels like shit.

"I don't understand it; ergo it's horrible"

ArchAngel

Arcane
They fucking arent, its just a d100 with modifiers everywhere and DR for good measure. Its boring, its predictable and its not enjoyable, there is nothing in this system from which you can derive an ounce of entertainment. Theres nothing to it, no nuance, nothing interesting to interact with. Its restrictive and gamey and feels like shit.

"I don't understand it"
To show you how retarded you are, I will just let you read your own comment because it applies to you more than anyone.

luj1

You're all shills
Vatnik
Better to have big, confusing maps than miniscule, chicken-shit, kindergarten-level maps PoE has...

Ofc am not surprised hold-my-hand birdbrains will call the former "bad level design" while praising micro-maps with 4 points of interest, it goes with their standard...

Last edited:

undecaf

Arcane
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
Better to have big, confusing maps than miniscule, chicken-shit children-level maps PoE has... Ofc am not surprised decline faggots will call the former "bad level design" and praise the latter

I think the Nomads scene would've worked better if they chopped it into, say, a cluster of 4 or 5 smaller (and more abstracted) maps that you can fast travel between once you've gone through them, similiarly to how Fallouts city maps worked. No, I take it back, I don't think it would've been better, I'm sure it would've.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom