Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

The Outer Worlds Pre-Release Thread [GO TO NEW THREAD]

Quillon

Arcane
10mm pistol from Fallout 4

It looked more like a revolver.

Btw they haven't shown the byzantine city except for the screenshot, prolly saving it for E3. Maybe all they showed is from the un-terraformed planet?

Last edited:

Deleted Member 16721

If they manage to capture some of the magic of Bloodlines, mixed with Fallout/Arcanum/New Vegas, this game is going to be GOTY 2019. I bet the dialogue and reactivity will be like Bloodlines. Just hope they get the facial expressions and lip syncing similar to Bloodlines, that added a lot to the voice acting in the game.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
So in the last 87 pages, which are the important posts I should read to get a sense of whether I should get hyped at all?
your level of hype depends on your faith in tim and leo. i myself really really hope it is at least a good popamole ish with good choices, quests and decent writing.

Self-Ejected

aweigh

Self-Ejected
There is simply no way the reactivity or dialog will be like Bloodlines. Zero chance. If it manages to be at least HALF of that lofty goal, though, it'll still be great.

Deleted Member 16721

There is simply no way the reactivity or dialog will be like Bloodlines. Zero chance. If it manages to be at least HALF of that lofty goal, though, it'll still be great.

With 2/3 of the masterminds behind Bloodlines behind it, I think there's a chance we'll see reactivity similar to Bloodlines. It will be a step above New Vegas IMO, but I'm just guessing based on having Tim and Leonard heading the show. I'm sure they know the dialogue in Bloodlines was a class act and they'll want to retain that and add to it for this game.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Tim Cain is without a doubt the most adorable looking man in the gaming industry. Look at that big teddy bear. I bet when he cries it would break your heart to see and when he's happy it makes the whole block rock with joy.

And I'm man enough to admit I'd hug 'em. C'MERE TIM. LEMME HUG YA. He can't see this.

Paul_cz

Arcane
Have to say, the timing for The Outer Worlds couldn't be better, at least for the announcement. There haven't been really any good first-person action rpgs for a good while, Bethesda has lost a lot of goodwill from the potential customers, and even though I'm suspicious of the current writing staff in Obsidian, at least TOW looks (much) more fun than Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2. Also, it seems to be light-hearted and at least try to be fun and adventurous, which I think people are really graving nowadays. One type of game I'd love to play, written by very competent writers, would be The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. crpg...of course, with Bruce Campbell in the very prominent VA-role.
There are Kingdom Come Deliverance and Deus Ex Mankind Divided and partially Prey and that's about it, yeah.

HoboForEternity

sunset tequila
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Tim Cain is without a doubt the most adorable looking man in the gaming industry. Look at that big teddy bear. I bet when he cries it would break your heart to see and when he's happy it makes the whole block rock with joy.

And I'm man enough to admit I'd hug 'em. C'MERE TIM. LEMME HUG YA. He can't see this.
a girl back in college used to call me teddy bear before cos im huggable and my fat keeps my body warm to the touch even in cold AC classroom. tim looks more huggable tho

ColonelTeacup

Liturgist

a girl back in college used to call me teddy bear before cos im huggable and my fat keeps my body warm to the touch even in cold AC classroom. tim looks more huggable tho
She was flirting with you.

Jinn

Arcane

Tim Cain has been known to read the codex from time to time, so he might actually see this. And I agree. Would hug papa Cain.

Also, jesus christ those guys commenting in that Game Informer preview are stupid as fuck. How can you know so little about the studios and developers you are discussing when it's your goddamn profession.

Jarpie

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2012 MCA
Have to say, the timing for The Outer Worlds couldn't be better, at least for the announcement. There haven't been really any good first-person action rpgs for a good while, Bethesda has lost a lot of goodwill from the potential customers, and even though I'm suspicious of the current writing staff in Obsidian, at least TOW looks (much) more fun than Pillars of Eternity 1 and 2. Also, it seems to be light-hearted and at least try to be fun and adventurous, which I think people are really graving nowadays. One type of game I'd love to play, written by very competent writers, would be The Adventures of Brisco County Jr. crpg...of course, with Bruce Campbell in the very prominent VA-role.
There are Kingdom Come Deliverance and Deus Ex Mankind Divided and partially Prey and that's about it, yeah.

Kingdom Come I forgot, but are those other two rpgs? I thought they're just action action.

Generic-Giant-Spider

Should've said, "Wanna keep me on your bed?"

My charisma stat in college was a solid 18.

Wunderbar

Arcane
ifbdgocma3321.png

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom