Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Underrail: The Incline Awakens

Lhynn

Arcane
Doing the combat portion of the tutorial as a pure psi character:
1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif
You dont actually need to do the tutorial, it gives you nothing either way.

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Hey, Styg.. if I bitch enough, will you implement Steam Cloud support?

Moving saves around hurts my precious mousing fingers.

They are too big for Steam Cloud. No amount of bitching will help.

Blaine

Cis-Het Oppressor
Patron
Grab the Codex by the pussy
Lhynn Yes I do, I need to see all the new shit.

I settled on using the knife with a 10% hit chance, since four quick attacks per round gets it done pretty quickly.

Lhynn

Arcane
Gonna go as either a knife or a unarmed dude, both seem fun. Should i get psi or not? the penalty seems harsh and i got will 3 and 0 on the psi skills either way.

udm

Arcane
Patron
Make the Codex Great Again!
Can't wait for the new exciting vein of steam reviews along the lines of "I died in the tutorial, this game is terrible, no explanations, can't read the font 0/10".

The truth is I've spent the last couple of days on a Steam Crusade against idiots downvoting AoD and Underrail in their reviews because "combat2hard. Would not recommend". I've read every stupid argument imaginable, countered bullshit with good old math and created a fair amount of :butthurt: among steam reviewers. But these things take their toll. I'm tired and a lot edgier than usual.

You're more than welcome to join the fight, bruda.

Deus Styg vult!

Heh so you're Imachuemanch.

jimmy_pvish

Savant
Doing the combat portion of the tutorial as a pure psi character:
1234443297_ken_park_suicide.gif
1.Run to the middle of the room
2.Throw EMP grenade at your feet
4.Profit !!

Gonna go as either a knife or a unarmed dude, both seem fun. Should i get psi or not? the penalty seems harsh and i got will 3 and 0 on the psi skills either way.
Unarmed + Psychokinesis is one of the most broken build. (at least in early access)
Force Emission let you deal additional damage ever time you punch and high dex + right feat + right equipment can lower attack AP as low as 4 (attack 12 times in 1 turn).
And Psychokinesis access to 2 stun spell very early (1 at lv1, another at lv4).

Sheepherder

Augur
Fuck, can't get it to work no matter what. Here's a crashlog. If anyone can help, please do:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'csfml-audio-2': The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
at SFML.Audio.Music.sfMusic_createFromFile(String Filename)
at SFML.Audio.Music..ctor(String filename)
at bri..ctor(jj A_0, Single A_1)
at a4q.xr(aj8 A_0)
at zq.e(aj8 A_0)
at ask.g4(aj8 A_0)
at d7.a(aj8 A_0)
at aav.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at gr.Update(GameTime gameTime)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.Tick()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.HostIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.GameHost.OnIdle()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.RunOneFrame()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.Run(Form mainForm)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.Run()
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.Game.RunGame(Boolean useBlockingRun)
at bb2.a(String[] A_0)

Styg

Stygian Software
Developer
Fuck, can't get it to work no matter what. Here's a crashlog. If anyone can help, please do:

System.DllNotFoundException: Unable to load DLL 'csfml-audio-2': The application has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect. Please see the application event log or use the command-line sxstrace.exe tool for more detail. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x800736B1)
at a4q.xr(aj8 A_0)
at zq.e(aj8 A_0)
at ask.g4(aj8 A_0)
at d7.a(aj8 A_0)
at Microsoft.Xna.Framework.WindowsGameHost.ApplicationIdle(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponent.FDoIdle(Int32 grfidlef)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ComponentManager.System.Windows.Forms.UnsafeNativeMethods.IMsoComponentManager.FPushMessageLoop(IntPtr dwComponentID, Int32 reason, Int32 pvLoopData)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoopInner(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at System.Windows.Forms.Application.ThreadContext.RunMessageLoop(Int32 reason, ApplicationContext context)
at bb2.a(String[] A_0)

Can you check if you have "csfml-audio-2.dll" in your installation folder?

Sheepherder

Augur

at a4q.xr(aj8 A_0)
at zq.e(aj8 A_0)
at ask.g4(aj8 A_0)
at d7.a(aj8 A_0)
at bb2.a(String[] A_0)

Can you check if you have "csfml-audio-2.dll" in your installation folder?

Yes, I do.

RPGCodexAccount

Barely Literate
Desura is dead, bro. Don't think anyone can update games on it anymore. But you can get a free Steam key for Underrail. Just login to Desura and check http://www.desura.com/games/underrail/keys (There's no DRM in the Steam version either)

But steam is DRM. Anyway, I knw desura is having issues but it doesn't seem quite dead yet, though that may just be them running on money they have had saved up.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
Got to the Junkyard with a Fisting Psion. A rather fun build, but lacking in AoE. I was running with 3 Con and 3 Agi so I was very low on Health and an easy target (the build relies on shields, but those are a bit later, unfortunately). I could beat anyone 1on1 but more than 3 guys will be tough if I can't run and hide around corners to make everyone come to me. Think I'll reroll again and go back to the same ol' Psion build that I was originally planning and just wreck everyone with post-apoc magic.

Eyestabber

Arcane
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015
Desura is dead, bro. Don't think anyone can update games on it anymore. But you can get a free Steam key for Underrail. Just login to Desura and check http://www.desura.com/games/underrail/keys (There's no DRM in the Steam version either)

But steam is DRM. Anyway, I knw desura is having issues but it doesn't seem quite dead yet, though that may just be them running on money they have had saved up.

Dude, Desura IS dead. Stop clinging to a fool's hope and get a Steam key while it's still nice and easy to get one. You really don't want to miss the opportunity to (legitimately) own this game.

Ent

Savant
if your not going to invest in psionics the health penalty seems pretty steep for it to be worth it. Having low will means bad psi regeneration too.

Elthosian

Arcane
Probably going to spend the whole day tinkering with the character creation screen, has been so long since the last time I played through this gem. Many congratulations for the release Styg, now onwards to buy a third copy :salute:

epeli

Arcane

Fine, ignore everything I said. Here's your other option: http://af.gog.com/game/underrail?as=1649904300

Last edited by a moderator:

RPGCodexAccount

Barely Literate
Last edited by a moderator:

Jinn

Arcane
Oh, how I wish I didn't have to work today. I did, however, cancel plans I had after work to speed directly home and gaze upon this beautiful creation till sleep overcomes me. I'm so goddamn excited!

Thanks for all your hard work and dedication to this amazing project, Styg. I have no doubt in my mind it'll become one of my favorite games of all time.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom