Official Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

World of Darkness Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines 2 from Hardsuit Labs and Brian Mitsoda - coming March

Discussion in 'General RPG Discussion' started by vortex, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Prime Junta Arcane

Prime Junta
    If you picked which one at CC that would have been good. If you can choose which one to buff at the time you use it, it would have been just as bad (or worse).

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. Wesp5 Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Wesp5
    I guess you would have picked the stat, but you only would have gotten a buff of +1. BTW speaking of Bloodheal, does feeding heal in the PnP game? Maybe I should remove this for the plus patch if it is possible...

Last edited: May 3, 2019
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • WTF am I reading WTF am I reading x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Prime Junta Arcane

Prime Junta
    I wouldn't. It would just add busywork -- heal with Bloodheal, feed to replenish blood points, rinse, repeat. The warehouse, Grout's mansion, and endgame Temple and Ventrue Tower would become extremely tedious.

• Agree Agree x 5
    ^ Top  
  4. hajro Savant

hajro
    Implying this wont have cod style health regen that works until a hp threshold

• Despair Despair x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • incline incline x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Wesp5 Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Wesp5
    That's what I thought, but it seems people like Grunker see this differently and several agreed with him...

^ Top  
  6. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    This change would only nerf Gangrel as you can turn on Fortitude and feed and heal on enemies during combat while ignoring being shot at :D

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  7. Nines_Anarch Novice

Nines_Anarch
    Yes, Bloodlines was magnificent on that regard.

It seems Hardsuit Labs is trying to achieve the same level.

• honk honk! x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  8. Prime Junta Arcane

Prime Junta
    You'd also have to change the intro. There's the bit where Jack sends you to feed on the bum and/or the rats specifically to heal up from getting shot.

So not worth it IMO. Good on nerfing Blood Buff though, I appreciate that. :salute:

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  9. Wesp5 Prestigious Gentleman Arcane

Wesp5
    That's a good argument, so I'll keep it like it is! Bloodheal is a bit erratic anyway, as I had to simulate it by raising auto-healing-speed for a short while.

• Brofist Brofist x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. jungl Learned

jungl
    The setting as a whole is a dumb as fuck goose bumps book.

• hopw roewur ne x 2
    • No x 2
    • Edgy x 1
    • NPC #61873 came up with this opinion all by his / herself x 1
    • M'lady x 1
    • Balanced x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Vaarna_Aarne Notorious Internet Vandal Patron

Vaarna_Aarne
    MCA Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2
    Another thing to note in regards to blood healing is that in PnP it's effectively instant, limited by turn and Generation.

And if you really went down the PnP with this matter, you'd also end up going with others, ie Potence and Fortitude would be permanently active for free, Obfuscate would be free, Presence would be free and permanent, Dominate would be free, depending on version of core book used Celerity may or may not drain blood point per level used, Protean would be basically unrecognizable (the heat vision is permanent and free until dismissed, claws would take 3 seconds to grow but last until dismissed, and the thing about the remaining ones is that three and four don't exist in PnP and the fifth is a *level seven* Protean ability), it's basically all like that.

Blood Buff would also be essentially permanent, since it too is a "scene" duration ability, scene being very movie-defined in PnP so it's a flexible amount of dramatic time impossible to define in a vidya solid value (examples in V20 for example define it ranging in time anywhere from "conversation at a park bench" to "storming a Tremere Chantry"), but of more important note would be that Blood Buff would not even be as Troika made it: It would allow you to just keep pumping those stats all the way until 6, three points of stat up and blood burned per 3 seconds. So it's better to stick to keeping them working within Bloodlines' own context than to make things like a PnP system that Bloodlines was not made to emulate.

Another example of this not related to Bloodheal and Disciplines would be that in PnP vampires CAN soak Lethal damage with Stamina, it's solely and only Aggravated that they can't, and guns wouldn't really do much good except specifically at the head like Jack says because all firearms only deal Bashing to vampires and vampires HALVE that damage rounded down after soak too (even a shotgun or assault rifle is downright puny compared to household sharp objects with equal skill used, especially after Potence and blood buff gets involved, and both are nothing compared to Protean Claw; Bite also deals aggravated damage but it needs wrassling to be used first so it's not that effective but Potence Bite is basically the rabbit from Holy Grail). Gist is that WoD PnP combat is very annoying swingy rocket tag where either no damage is dealt or either almost all or all the damage is dealt in one hit. The way Aggravated damage factors into this only breaks the PnP combat further, so it's actually Bite Tag or Claw Tag (albeit V5 has done a decent improvement by cutting down Protean's early access to Aggravated damage and capping Bite damage at two).

• I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it I found this text to be too long and as such I didn't read it x 2
    • Prestigious Prestigious x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    ^ Top  
  12. Cael Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck

Cael
    Don't forget in PnP that geting wounded fucks you up doing anything else while still wounded. The maluses are savage for wounds.

^ Top  
  13. conan_edw Learned

conan_edw

• Brofist Brofist x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • honk honk! honk honk! x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. Child of Malkav Learned

Child of Malkav
    Sooooooooooooo......................................gameplay?

• Friendly x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • "It was Aliens" x 1
    • it is a mystery x 1
    • :M x 1
    ^ Top  
  15. ArchAngel Arcane

ArchAngel
    Yea.. in about 5.5 months lol

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Despair Despair x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  16. Child of Malkav Learned

Child of Malkav
    Pdxcon in October 18 - 20th? I didn't see that.
    Faaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaccccccckkkkkkkkkkkk................

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  17. Zombra Arcane Patron

Zombra
    Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 BattleTech Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire
    Annoying that PDXCON doesn't take place in PDX (Portland), near where I live ...

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  18. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Just because the first public demo will be at PDXCon doesn't mean they might not reveal gameplay footage earlier.

• Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 3
    • thumbs down thumbs down x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    ^ Top  
  19. toro Arcane

toro
    Why is Brian Mitsoda dressed as an angry cuck?

• it is a mystery x 3
    • Funny x 1
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Racist x 1
    • Doggy x 1
    ^ Top  
  20. J1M Arcane

J1M
    • Participation Award Participation Award x 2
    • Brofist Brofist x 1
    • meh meh x 1
    • Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it Sweat gathers upon my brow, let me dab it x 1
    ^ Top  
  21. Goral Arcane Patron The Real Fanboy

Goral
    It's indicative that that female faggot is talking and not Brian Mitsoda (suggesting she's more important than Brian Mitsoda). Doesn't bode too well for the game if you ask me.

• Despair x 2
    • retadred x 2
    • Brofist x 1
    • Participation Award x 1
    • rolleyes x 1
    ^ Top  
  22. Alexios Scholar

Alexios
    It would fail either way.

• Participation Award Participation Award x 2
    • Fabulously Optimistic Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    ^ Top  
  23. lophiaspis Savant

lophiaspis
    Have you seen his wife?

• Funny Funny x 7
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 2
    • [citation needed] [citation needed] x 1
    ^ Top  
  24. Alienman Arcane Patron

Alienman
    Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2
    Those fucking gloves... I just can't.

• Agree x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • rolleyes x 1
    • Prestigious x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Racist x 1
    ^ Top  
  25. Infinitron I post news Patron

Infinitron
    Grab the Codex by the pussy Serpent in the Staglands Dead State Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Brofist x 2
    • thumbs down x 1
    • Whatever shit you posted didn't load x 1
    • Old x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  

(buying stuff via the above buttons helps us pay the hosting bills, thanks!)