Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Pathfinder Why Owlcat's Kingmaker Sucks, in Plain Language

Silly Germans

Is there a mod or a way to speed up the overland travel animation ? I find that pointlessly slow.
I didn't mind it on the first play-through but now its on the same level of annoyance as
slow animations in turn-based games.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Is there a mod or a way to speed up the overland travel animation ? I find that pointlessly slow.
I didn't mind it on the first play-through but now its on the same level of annoyance as
This one should do: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/1
However, I've never used it myself: usually, I just rely on Cheat Engine and bind different speeds to "a", "s" and "d".

Efe

Erudite
i used it. its very nice giving you both legit and cheat speed increase.
it lists exploration, battle and map speed separately for both modes. much more flexible than cheat engine imo

Silly Germans

This one should do: https://www.nexusmods.com/pathfinderkingmaker/mods/1
However, I've never used it myself: usually, I just rely on Cheat Engine and bind different speeds to "a", "s" and "d".
Thank you, the mod does the job.

anvi

Prophet
Village Idiot
These are a collection of review snippets from real people who have played the game. Every quote is from a different review, i.e. not the same person:

The insufferable Fatigue status is ALWAYS popping and forcing you to the arduous work of resting, that includes never used before rations, hunting and stuff that, again, just ruins the game further. Nobody likes rest, no one actually uses complex resting mechanics in the tabletop game. Whoever developed this, i'm sure never played Pathfinder before.

The late game, at level 15+ is absolute horrible. Creatures with Armor Class of 63, everything damages Str, Dex, Con or drains your levels. You have to constantly reload to pass skill checks of 40+, you miss treasures, events and even locations in the map just because of the ridiculous high Challenge Difficulty skill checks. No d20 game should go as far as this, the late game is just a mesh of high numbers and hit-kill spells.

The Kindgom management system ruins the game. You will spend a vast amount of time dealing with annoyances from everything around you with the most overcomplicated, boring and unecessary system imaginable. The game completely change, and the feeling of a good rpg adventure is lost. Now is just a chore. Dozens of events, keeps poping while you try to explore or resolve other stuff in the game, random stuff happens and you lose events. Your advirsors need a unreasonable amount of time, months and months to solve anything and, in meantime, more stuff pile on and can even fail tyour game, because of timers. With that you will have bad quests failing because you have to deal with other stuff. And this is core gameplay, this kingdom management simulator is a crucial part of the game, and I can't imagine a dev making it worse than this one. This point is the sole responsible for the vast amount of negative reviews, and with reason.

And the ultime disrespect to the player: The game remove your companions near the end. You pass through one of those old cliché "you must find your companions (because they conveniently got separeted) and you witness villain talking to them". And just like that, you can't use some anymore. And you are done for if you made your strategies around using those, like I did by losing two of three casters in my party. A disrespect to the player, the removal of crucial pieces just because "its fun". And its not even with good reason.

The final battle is a huge chore. This kind of mechanic no one should use in a game where casting is limited uses per day. It reforces the idea that the devs don't actually play tabletop Pathfinder, in order to create such a bad showdown

Grrrrrr I really hate this game that I spent 5000 hours on! :argh:

oldmanpaco

Master of Siestas
Honestly the worst thing about the game was the lack of enemy diversity and filler combat starting with THatEoT. Even the devs knew it and provided a vender with unlimited mass heal/FoM/and resurrect scrolls right outside. Played on Challenging and before that everything was pretty good. The kingdom management stuff was pretty pointless but you don't really know that until the end. The final pumpkin battle was actually challenging for my lvl 20 party and you don't see that often.

Got to the womb on unfair and realized the tediousness of of combat was outweighing the enjoyment of using a custom party so I quit. Maybe one day.

raptor_jesus

Novice
The vendor was because of tabletop expectations. The blind was supposed to be permanent according to the AP. Owlcat backed off and made it weaker than the tabletop by having it now expire after combat and they didn't do the disbelief in illusions either. The combat's less lethal than it ought to be, but more plentiful than the system expects.

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Delterius

Arcane
I spent 5000 hours on! :argh:

Halfway there lol. Think I'm pretty much done though. Maybe come back in a few years for a whirl.
Imagine not spending 200 hours just beating the staglord.

Probably did all told. Beating him fifteen times or whatever. Last couple times just Story Moded thru most of Ch 1. Still took longer than was fun.
hey i'm the autist who changed characters in chapter 2 47 times you don't have to be rude about it ;.;

Goldschmidt

Learned
Pathfinder is a buggy unbalanced mess. The game equivalent of a B-movie. How some codexers put this game before PoE 2 is beyond me. But I guess they want to be edgy.

At any rate nothing good comes out of modern pc gaming anyway. Building your own finetuned computer aint worth it. Thank you consoletards being 'metoo'.

Lets have a look of recent AAA games being completely annihilated because they had to be made compatible with the faggy consoles.

Outer Worlds -> shit
Assassins Creed -> shit
Witcher 2 + 3 -> shit
Oblivion + Skyrim -> shit?
DA 2 + DA Inquisition -> dogshit
Doom Eternal -> demonshit (not even quicksaving)
Diablo 3 -> shit
Deus Ex human revolution -> shit
New Far Cry -> shit
Prey 2 -> shit
Metro Light + Exodus -> shit
Wolfenstein -> shit
Dishonored -> shit
Bioshock -> shit
Divinity Original Sin 1 + 2 -> shitter than shit

As you can tell, all these devs have lost their magic (and also their brains) to design a game tailored to the fuckin pc. What good can ever come out of the game industry if they are all bending the knee to the consoletards?

TemplarGR

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Bethestard
Pathfinder is a buggy unbalanced mess. The game equivalent of a B-movie. How some codexers put this game before PoE 2 is beyond me. But I guess they want to be edgy.

At any rate nothing good comes out of modern pc gaming anyway. Building your own finetuned computer aint worth it. Thank you consoletards being 'metoo'.

Lets have a look of recent AAA games being completely annihilated because they had to be made compatible with the faggy consoles.

Outer Worlds -> shit
Assassins Creed -> shit
Witcher 2 + 3 -> shit
Oblivion + Skyrim -> shit?
DA 2 + DA Inquisition -> dogshit
Doom Eternal -> demonshit (not even quicksaving)
Diablo 3 -> shit
Deus Ex human revolution -> shit
New Far Cry -> shit
Prey 2 -> shit
Metro Light + Exodus -> shit
Wolfenstein -> shit
Dishonored -> shit
Bioshock -> shit
Divinity Original Sin 1 + 2 -> shitter than shit

As you can tell, all these devs have lost their magic (and also their brains) to design a game tailored to the fuckin pc. What good can ever come out of the game industry if they are all bending the knee to the consoletards?

I partially agree with you. Some games you claim are shit, aren't really, they are good, but they may not be what you are looking for. Skyrim was good. The Witcher 3 was good, 2 was trash and only good for the movie part. Human Revolution and Mankind Divided are extra good. Far Cry 5 and New Dawn are good. DA2 is good. Outer Worlds is good. They are not shit dude, i enjoyed all of those. The rest you call shit are indeed shit, i agree with you. Just Oblivion is not shit. It is worse than shit. Oblivion is in a shitty category of its own. It is a fucking disgrace.

As for why Codexers voted for Pathfinder instead of Deadfire, i think the main reason is the magic of throw-away forum accounts and shillery. Happens with most slavic games on this forum. It is no coincidence. LOL. That, and the fact that codexers were butthurt Avelone left Obsidian and wasn't involved. This forum contains a significant population of the MCA adoration cult. You can't reason with those people.

Goldschmidt

Learned
That, and the fact that codexers were butthurt Avelone left Obsidian and wasn't involved. This forum contains a significant population of the MCA adoration cult. You can't reason with those people.

True at least half of the codex dingles around Avellone's dick like he is some hot piece of high heaven.

At any rate the games I mentioned were severely limited because they had to launch on consoles as well. Is it so hard to ask for a modern version of might and magic tailored to the pc????

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom