Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Capcom Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2
If this is as successful as it seems it will be, there might be a sequel (right?). I worry that the devs will take the criticisms of all these people that don't really even like video games to heart- like when Dark Arisen lowered the cost of fast travel and introduced the infinite use ferrystone. That was one of the biggest criticisms the mainstream crowd had, but limited fast travel made the world feel much bigger, it lost a little bit when they changed that.

If only there were something you could do to still run across the map instead of using the ferrystone! +M

boot

Prophet
that's like saying you don't have to use the fast travel in Oblivion.

Caconym

Augur
Now these masterracefags who have never pulled down the right trigger and felt the vibration rock their very being will have their turn with DD... They ask why there's no multiplayer
DD Online is already a thing and it wasn't a response to PC gamer criticism.
they bitch about framerate and resolution and textures and shit.
You do know the port will run at up to 4k@150fps and with better textures, right?
This game is really special, but I feel like all of it is lost on these people, and that any sequels will be made to accommodate a bunch of whiny dick faces.

I worry.
Don't worry, just go and fuck your precious console.

boot

Prophet
*missing the point this hard*

I'm expecting this amazing game to go right over the heads of most PC gamers and I'm afraid any future DD products will be made to accommodate these people.

Didn't say anything about DD: Online.

GrainWetski

Arcane
It "went over the head" of the vast majority of console gamers, so I don't see your point.

boot

Prophet
I guess I mean that they'll buy it but miss the point. most console owners didn't buy it

Martius

Liturgist
Some of them complained about pretty much same things you listed anyway. Despite owning xbox I never played it (well, more than half a hour) so I am happy that I will be able to play it alongside more people. If that means chance for proper sequel I think thats good thing since Capcom is now after few harsh lessons about tinkering with their brands in stupid way.

Avellion

Erudite
If the port is done well, this should sell better on PCs than it did on consoles. Just like the PC port of Valkyria Chronicles did.

Speaking of which,
  1. Will we going to see port impressions soon?
  2. Are we gonna get Dragon's Dogma avatars?

Delterius

Arcane
[PC gamers are less sophisticated than console gamers.]
:?
I'd argue its not really a matter of sophistication. For better or worse, everyone who first played Dragon's Dogma with the Dark Arisen expansion didn't get to experience the thrill of running back and forth in a somewhat open world.

There is basis for worry. Mainstream Open Worlds are too generous with their fast travel systems, which smallens the world somewhat. Further, Gransys had some shortcuts placed here and there to shorten your future trips, which entails Discovery, the high point of having an Open World in the first place. With a majority of the fanbase already used to cheap Ferrystones, it could be the future releases will be closer to Skyrim than Morrowind.

On the other hand, the Bitterblack Isle is arguably a more focused and much improved experience. So future DDs could go that way with no real loss in quality.

Zeriel

Arcane
I guess I mean that they'll buy it but miss the point. most console owners didn't buy it

So you want your precious console game to remain unbought so that it never gets any sequels at all?

Well, okay.

sullynathan

Arcane
I can't wait till this game comes on PC. Played the demo on PS3 years ago and the game was really good. I can't get TW3 to run smoothly on my computer so this will do for my open world rpg fix at least, I won't have to replay Gothic 3 or play Risen.

Capcom should be working on a sequel though.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm expecting this amazing game to go right over the heads of most PC gamers and I'm afraid any future DD products will be made to accommodate these people.

Hurr durr console gamers are so sophisticamated. That's why every single PC series that ended up on console was dumped down beyond recognition. Because console gamers are just so much smarterer and stuff.

Also, PC gamers will never understand how great this game is. Same way Dark Souls went over their heads as well, right?

lel le funny newfag troll.

boot

Prophet
It's not about how sophisticated you fucking pc gamers are, it's about how many of you will buy this game.

with pictures this time

if every :retarded: with a computer goes out and :d1p: Dragons Dogma, I fear it may become :popamole:

It seems like everyone with a PC will be picking up this game

Utgard-Loki

Arcane
yeah, because a game that went free to play mmo in the second installment can sink any further.

2015 in a nutshell, i hope 2016 will be a bountiful retardo harvest too.

boot

Prophet
lick my balls

edit- I don't think DD: Online is a proper sequel, it wasn't even released ouside Japan.

Siveon

Bot
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Pardon my french, but that's some fucked up logic right there. Dragon's Dogma wasn't that successful to begin with, and Capcom seeing that there is a market for the series besides a shitty MMO and some weird mobile game, can only do it some good.

lick my balls

edit- I don't think DD: Online is a proper sequel, it wasn't even released ouside Japan.

It's not, but I don't think suits care much about "proper" or "improper" sequels. Plus the fact that most Japanese companies focus on local sales anyway (except for rare occasions like Neptunia), tells a lot about how the series was gonna go. I.e Japan-locked or simply dead on arrival.

Shadorwun: Hong Kong
This thread reminds me of when Dark Souls went PC. Japanese 2channers went apeshit about casul pc westerners ruining the franchise.

:lol:

Naturally, you can't simply say this without providing us some visual evidence of their outrage, especially the more hilarious parts.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Console casuls ruining PC games and PC casuls ruining console games. What is this world coming to.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
This thread reminds me of when Dark Souls went PC. Japanese 2channers went apeshit about casul pc westerners ruining the franchise.

:lol:

Naturally, you can't simply said this without providing us some visual evidence of their outrage, especially the more hilarious parts.

I was under the impression the Japanese didn't use the internet because they don't own PCs and don't even know what Windows is. Codex told me once, so it must be true.

boot

Prophet
why'd you summon me

edit- on the pc and console thing...

I don't think PC gamers are worth less or anything, the thing about holding down right trigger was a bad joke. Just concerned that so many are going to buy and influence future DD products (if there are any). Not every PC gamer has impeccable taste in video games.

Moink

Cipher
yeah, because a game that went free to play mmo in the second installment can sink any further.

2015 in a nutshell, i hope 2016 will be a bountiful retardo harvest too.

I would say the Dragons Dogma phone game was the lowest point.

My bad, it was actually a f2p card game on the vita!

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom