Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

DeepOcean

Arcane
I really dont remember Skyrim having a bug where your inventory stops registering if you are recieving new crafting materials and if you save, that save is fucked forever

That is cute, because that happened. Skyrim saved extra data into save and the more you played the slower skyrim worked unless you got like few FPS even on best hardware. They fixed it on pc in 3-4 weeks but released exactly the same bug on PS4 years later. The PS3 version also had it complete with utter shit performance to begin with.
And my point was that pretending this game has no bugs is just ignoring the reality for rampant retardred fanboyism, that was what he did. Dont give a shit what of the two is the most bugged on what exact timeline, that doesnt improve my experience . I lost hours of progress on this game because of bugs, of quests that had failed triggers, and some serious bugs. If I counted the swarm of glitches, I have two or three per mission.

Danikas

Arcane
And my point was that pretending this game has no bugs is just ignoring the reality for rampant retardred fanboyism, that was what he did. Dont give a shit what of the two is the most bugged on what exact timeline, that doesnt improve my experience . I lost hours of progress on this game because of bugs, of quests that had failed triggers, and some serious bugs. If I counted only the swarm of glitches, I have two or three per mission.
Gonna have to ask you what are your pc specs? Because I dont have many problems with quest glitches or other stuff its mostly visual bugs and Im 100 hours into the game and have shit ton of crafting supplies after disassembling lots of gear.

DeepOcean

Arcane
I, for one, feel glad that a PC version of a game finally shits on its console version, not vice versa (as it usually is).
Nah, the interface was made for consoles, this was made thinking on the new generation of consoles, PC players are just lucky because the hardware isnt that outdated.

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I really dont remember Skyrim having a bug where your inventory stops registering if you are recieving new crafting materials

Maybe. But I played the Remastered version like 2 years ago and I got a bug that prevented me from interacting with The Companions and becoming the Werewolf (the whole reason I wanted to replay Skyrim). Which is incidentally the same bug I got when I played the game in 2011.

I think CDPR is still a long, long way from the utter brazen shittiness of Bethesda.

Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming!
I really dont remember Skyrim having a bug where your inventory stops registering if you are recieving new crafting materials and if you save, that save is fucked forever

That is cute, because that happened. Skyrim saved extra data into save and the more you played the slower skyrim worked unless you got like few FPS even on best hardware. They fixed it on pc in 3-4 weeks but released exactly the same bug on PS4 years later. The PS3 version also had it complete with utter shit performance to begin with.
And my point was that pretending this game has no bugs is just ignoring the reality for rampant retardred fanboyism, that was what he did. Dont give a shit what of the two is the most bugged on what exact timeline, that doesnt improve my experience . I lost hours of progress on this game because of bugs, of quests that had failed triggers, and some serious bugs. If I counted the swarm of glitches, I have two or three per mission.

I really wonder what is up with this - is this hardware people have, simple good/bad luck, or something else? I had literally one bad bug in about 64 hours of gameplay (in the Greed never pays gig) and I lost maybe 30 minutes of gameplay because of it. I saw some T-poses and a few minor things here and there, the only bothersome thing in general was that occasional slow down.

Its as if some people are playing different game than me.

Danikas

Arcane
Nah, the interface was made for consoles, this was made thinking on the new generation of consoles, PC players are just lucky because the hardware isnt that outdated.
The part about interface is true but you wont get the high end pc visual fidelity even on next gen consoles even on my 4 year old pc it looks and plays better than on those next gen shitboxes.

Bliblablubb

Arcane
Turns out V is such a slut. I am really disappoint.

When TakemuraBro text her, I got the option to answer as usual. And, as usual, you can only see the first few words. So I thought: "You seem lonely, how about...." meant "hey, let's go eat some sawdust and plastic again"....

WRONK! :argh:

Instead V came on to him like a cheap 5 eddies whore on jigjig street: "Aren't you a little lonely? What would you say to... some company :)"
:what:

Dafuq Valery?

At least Takemura is a true gentleman and politely declines, having "other obligations in Japan". :salute:

DeepOcean

Arcane
And my point was that pretending this game has no bugs is just ignoring the reality for rampant retardred fanboyism, that was what he did. Dont give a shit what of the two is the most bugged on what exact timeline, that doesnt improve my experience . I lost hours of progress on this game because of bugs, of quests that had failed triggers, and some serious bugs. If I counted only the swarm of glitches, I have two or three per mission.
Gonna have to ask you what are your pc specs? Because I dont have many problems with quest glitches or other stuff its mostly visual bugs and Im 100 hours into the game and have shit ton of crafting supplies after disassembling lots of gear.
RTX 2070 super
Ryzen 3600
16gb ram
Saved right after the crafting bug, only realized what was happening hours and hours later, no matter what I did, it didnt update the crafting materials.

DalekFlay

Arcane
Patron
Nah, the interface was made for consoles,

Every interface is made with a controller at least in mind nowadays, but I can't say Cyberpunk's interface feels at all poor on PC. The item menus are point and click grids, the map is point and drag/click, the in-game computers are even point and click. Items can be bound to numerous hotkeys. Quicksave with F5. I am struggling to think of one problem with it.

Gargaune

Magister
Just got into Act 2. I haven't noticed anyone else mentioning this: has anyone else avoided pursuing the main quests and found the Johnny Silverhand interactions just... off? Like the only interaction we've had is him telling me to kill myself and that he'll take control of me. Then I'm walking around and he's just chatting like we're buds. It is really throwing me off, honestly.
Most damning, in case of Delamain crash in the garage, it is V who starts the interaction: "V: Johnny, did you see what just happened...". Even the guy who voiced Gary the prophet in the game had to stop there a bit.

That's one of the other things that suggests there's been some shufflings in narrative order - and changed quite late at that. That comment from V sounds very much like it comes from a later, more friendly stage of V's relationship with Johnny, which means that Epistrophy, at one time, came up later.
Definitely, that quest setpiece got moved up, I really don't think they could've missed the character dissonance otherwise. And it must've happened very close to release, seeing as they didn't change the line. Hell, even cutting it altogether would've been a solution, you don't really need that interaction with Johnny, it doesn't provide any useful context.

They definitely dropped the ball on that. Even though one is mostly in first person, and even though the NPCs are pretty lifeless, one doesn't want to look like a clown, and one doesn't want the NPCs to laugh and point
Oh, I can see it now - Colour Coordination as a game mechanic! Yes, they might have great stat synergy, but if you wear those shorts with that top, you lose street cred and NPCs point and laugh. And if you ever put on leopard print, cars climb the curb to try and run you over.

Beep, beep, motherfucker!

Danikas

Arcane
RTX 2070 super
Ryzen 3600
16gb ram
Saved right after the crafting bug, only realized what was happening hours and hours later, no matter what I did, it didnt update the crafting materials.
Very strange I have much weaker pc and had no problems with crafting this is how much shit I have ammased.
cyberpunk2077screenshf6kuo.png

This is how the game looks on my pc: (mix of high and medium settings)
Gtx 1060 (Overclocked)
16gb ram
Ssd
i5-7600k (Overclocked)
photomode_24122020_18r5kil.png

photomode_27122020_23mikjr.png

photomode_27122020_163njw2.png

photomode_27122020_19cnjq1.png
photomode_28122020_015fkwo.png

Bliblablubb

Arcane
I just found out after 100h of playing that you can turn the lights
Found out only now that V's eyes are zoomable. Yes, while holding RMB you can zoom in an out with the mousewheel.

The game gives you a fucking tutorial how to shoot out of a car, which happens twice in the game, and even then it doesn't matter if you shoot or not, since you cannot change that scripted event. But for those things? Nuh-uh-uh, nobody needs to know that. :argh:

Gargaune

Magister
RTX 2070 super
Ryzen 3600
16gb ram
Very strange I have much weaker pc and had no problems with crafting this is how much shit I have ammased.

What's this crafting bug? Component indexes get stuck? Because if that's it, it's not gonna be performance-related, just your garden-variety coding failure.

SoupNazi

Every interface is made with a controller at least in mind nowadays, but I can't say Cyberpunk's interface feels at all poor on PC. The item menus are point and click grids, the map is point and drag/click, the in-game computers are even point and click. Items can be bound to numerous hotkeys. Quicksave with F5. I am struggling to think of one problem with it.
dude you have to hold mb1 to upgrade shit and z to dismantle shit

how is that not a pure consoletard design

JustMyOnion

Educated
Oh, I can see it now - Colour Coordination as a game mechanic! Yes, they might have great stat synergy, but if you wear those shorts with that top, you lose street cred and NPCs point and laugh. And if you ever put on leopard print, cars climb the curb to try and run you over.
I wonder if you could use machine learning to determine ridiculous outfits from serious/good-looking ones. Might be about time it got some use in video games.

Turjan

Arcane
RTX 2070 super
Ryzen 3600
16gb ram
cyberpunk2077screenshf6kuo.png

This is how the game looks on my pc: (mix of high and medium settings)
Gtx 1060 (Overclocked)
16gb ram
Ssd
i5-7600k (Overclocked)
Wasn't the game somehow coded against AMD hardware?
I already mentioned a few times that my computer is 9 years old (i5-2500 k), graphics card half as old (GTX 960), which means I have to run pretty much everything at low. I have SSD's and lots of RAM though.
You don't have a lot crafting materials though. I have mutliples of what you have, still no issues though.

Of course, for me, the game doesn't look anything like in the nice screenshots, but I can appreciate the way everything was built.
zYDEPKU.jpg

d7v9jmm.jpg

ZKxH1UU.jpg

That's all on low and pretty much all fancy options off.

Danikas

Arcane
Wasn't the game somehow coded against AMD hardware?
I already mentioned a few times that my computer is 9 years old (i5-2500 k), graphics card half as old (GTX 960), which means I have to run pretty much everything at low. I have SSD's and lots of RAM though.
You don't have a lot crafting materials though. I have mutliples of what you have, still no issues though.
I think what makes the biggest difference is the ssd cant imagine playing this game on hdd. For example I played Total war Warhammer 2 on this pc but had it on my hdd after moving it to ssd load times went from 2-3 mins to 15-30 seconds. When it comes to Cyberpunk ssd not only helps with load times but also with texture streaming.

Gargaune

Magister
Nah, the interface was made for consoles,

I disagree with you there, I think CBP's interface is quite poorly suited for PC. Right off the bat, the lack of context menus, like for Disassemble and Drop, and even missing click listeners for obvious UI elements are dead giveaways. For example, when you log into a surveillance network and you wanna switch cameras, you can't click on them, you gotta use [1] or [3] on keyboard to cycle through. Or even in your inventory screen, you go into one of the slots to equip an item, but then you gotta hit [Esc] on the keyboard, you can't click on the Esc prompt in the lower corner of the screen, even though it's right there.

And then there's plenty of other disparate items that show the same negligence towards PC, like not having Cruise Control or not letting you rebind F, in spite of the fact that the game works perfectly if you do it in the config file. And by the way, this one's more of an oddity than a gripe, but why no Quickload?

Anyway, it does the job, but to me it's pretty obvious that the PC interface wasn't high on the priority list.

Ibn Sina

Arbiter
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
There is a costume system that nobody even reported on! In Goro mission Gimme Danger, if you Arasaka costumes/hazmat suits u can just waltz in without any alarm what so ever!

Child of Malkav

Erudite
Because Skyrim is such a high bar for polish huh?
It's not but Skyrim never caught such a flak for being an unfinished pile of shit.

In fact, IIRC, it hasn't caught any flak whatsoever.

It should have, however, because it was and IS a pile of unfinished unoptimized crap.
Yeah, but it was a pile of unfinished, unoptimized crap that was highly moddable. Can't say the same for CP2077.
In the former case, fans could release a million bug fixes in the first few days, resolving all sorts of glitches and errors.
In the latter case, well, we simply have to wait for official patches.
And this is just on the whole bug fixing front. Not to mention how many and diverse mods are available for gamebryo\creation engine games.

Danikas

Arcane
Y'know, Peralez's wife looks a lot younger and hotter on my poor toaster. :hahano:
My friend said the same when I sent him this screenshot turns out its the contact shadows option that makes her look older he had it turned off I have it on.

cyberpunk2077screensha6j1c.png

cyberpunk2077screenshoeju9.png

Judging from her family photos she is supposed to be 40-50 (though you never know with the implants and other de-aging stuff that they have in cyberpunk universe)

Last edited:

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom