Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Vavra with the boomer take of the year. But man, the bar must be low when everything you have to make is a shiny non-interactive city and everyone shits their pants with joy. RIP all future games if these idiots get to set the new standard.

And honestly, I just don't understand Vavra. He might have liked the story etc, but the man went full autism on citizens having good AI, lives, working "police" etc and that is all glossed over now like it doesn't matter. I guess all that time investment into those features were just a waste of time. Kingdom Come II will be interesting, will it still have the ambitious life simulation AI?

Perkel

Arcane
Vavra with the boomer take of the year. But man, the bar must be low when everything you have to make is a shiny non-interactive city and everyone shits their pants with joy. RIP all future games if these idiots get to set the new standard.

And honestly, I just don't understand Vavra. He might have liked the story etc, but the man went full autism on citizens having good AI, lives, working "police" etc and that is all glossed over now like it doesn't matter. I guess all that time investment into those features were just a waste of time. Kingdom Come II will be interesting, will it still have the ambitious life simulation AI?

NO VAVRA KUN !

pepe.jpg

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
NO VAVRA KUN

Not sure what you mean but I don't hold him up to any god standard. His games has been pretty weak. Kingdom Come was enjoyable at times, but I did find the gameplay to gameplay segments lacking, aka combat. The created world around it was interesting, even if the linear story somewhat broke it.

Mafia 2 is basically just Cyberpunk but in the 40's. Dead world with cutscenes.

Best one he was involved with is Hidden & Dangerous.

Danikas

Arcane
Vavra likes it because its like mafia 1 and 2 the city is just a prop for the story and like the classic mafia titles it pushes forward visuals and cinematics. I still remember how impressed I was as a kid when playing mafia 1 compared to gta 3 at that time mafia 1 had much better visual fidelity and cinematics but lacked in the sandbox department. I bet he also likes all the scenes where characters are smoking in cyberpunk he loved those cigars in mafia at least half the cutscenes had someone smoking in that game.

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
I mean I guess it depends on your expectations. No it doesn't feel like a PC exclusive interface such as Morrowind or WoW or whatever, but I never would expect such a thing. The interface was absolutely designed with gamepads in mind, because every multiplatform game's interface is. Do I have any real problems with it though? Nah. It's better than a lot of others, and roughly on par with what Nixxes does for Square games like Deus Ex 3 and 4. It's fine and nothing I'd think to complain about. I'm not someone who gets sand in their vagina from holding a key down for a sec.
That's actually precisely the comparison that first came to my mind, but with different results - having played DX4 back in spring, one of the things that pleasantly surprised me about it was the comfortable (and superbly modular) interface. My only complaints with the UI were the odd hover/click handling in the inventory and the unholy procedure for combining mine templates, lingering traces of console decline. Beyond that, however, everything felt smooth and ergonomic on PC, even to the point you could use your numpad to punch in keycodes, like in the original.

Like I said, Cyberpunk's UI isn't terrible like Swen's infernal toilet chain, but in this regard (among others), it falls short of DX4's thoughtful elegance.

Vatnik Wumao

NO VAVRA KUN !

pepe.jpg

Vavra is also a fan of Shenmue, so you can tell where his tastes trend toward.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
Not sure what you mean but I don't hold him up to any god standard. His games has been pretty weak. Kingdom Come was enjoyable at times, but I did find the gameplay to gameplay segments lacking, aka combat. The created world around it was interesting, even if the linear story somewhat broke it.

Hidden and Dangerous was that world war 2 pseudo tactical shooter, right?

Wasn't that one horribly buggy at launch as well?

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Vavra likes it because its like mafia 1 and 2 the city is just a prop for the story and like the classic mafia titles it pushes forward visuals and cinematics. I still remember how impressed I was as a kid when playing mafia 1 compared to gta 3 at that time mafia 1 had much better visual fidelity and cinematics but lacked in the sandbox department. I bet he also like all the scenes where characters are smoking in cyberpunk he loved those cigars in mafia.

Yeah, but in Kingdom Come he went into opposite direction. That is what have me a bit perplexed. Why even do all that stuff if it doesn't matter in the end anyway (for him)? Sure, KD still have these long ass movie cutscenes, but the world at least felt alive.

Danikas

Arcane
Yeah, but in Kingdom Come he went into opposite direction. That is what have me a bit perplexed. Why even do all that stuff if it doesn't matter in the end anyway (for him)? Sure, KD still have these long ass movie cutscenes, but the world at least felt alive.
You know he didnt make that game alone it doesen't matter to him but it probably mattered to someone on the design team.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist

DeepOcean

Arcane
Vavra makes and likes walking simulators with big and empty cities as background, so no surprise there.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
You know he didnt make that game alone it doesent matter to him but it probably mattered to someone on the design team.

I got the impression it was his magnum opus, wanting to create medieval life as true to life as possible. I understand there were others on the team, but the reason it was going to have this "life simulation" was become of him. But maybe you are right though, considering what he has made and thinks about Cyberpunk. Maybe the game would have been enough just to have basic static AI like in Witcher 3 that gives you an impression of having a lived in city.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron

Hidden and Dangerous was that world war 2 pseudo tactical shooter, right?

Wasn't that one horribly buggy at launch as well?

Don't remember if it was, perhaps. I just remember it was great fun, especially in co-op. Expansion was even better.

Ezeekiel

Liturgist
I think I had a lot of trouble with it crashing or glitching or something, but barely remember anything beyond that. Maybe my computer at the time just wasn't up to the task.

Agame

Arcane
Patron
Insert Title Here
Because Skyrim is such a high bar for polish huh?
It's not but Skyrim never caught such a flak for being an unfinished pile of shit.

In fact, IIRC, it hasn't caught any flak whatsoever.

It didnt because Bethesda was still in the cute puppy stage with the mainstream. "Oh look its peeing on the rug again, how adorable!"

They lost that with Fallout 76 release and got widely roasted.

Very interested to see the result from the next big release, depending how bugged it is.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
romance expansion DLC

s9897kaua4861.jpg
Actually true.

Someone posted some female streamers reactions to that line on 4ch, and they were all like - "Yeah daddy Smasher! I'll be your piece of fuckable meat!"

Got a link by any chance?

Both of them look like way greater quantity than a cut of meat, though sadly not fuckable.

Unless you have a packet of flour on hand, so you can sprinkle it over them, push their bellies and insert wherever you hear a "Poof!" sound is coming from.

Danikas

Arcane
romance expansion DLC

s9897kaua4861.jpg
Actually true.

Someone posted some female streamers reactions to that line on 4ch, and they were all like - "Yeah daddy Smasher! I'll be your piece of fuckable meat!"

Got a link by any chance?

Both of them look like way greater quantity than a cut of meat, though sadly not fuckable.

Unless you have a packet of flour on hand, so you can sprinkle it over them, push their bellies and insert wherever you hear a "Poof!" sound is coming from.

400 years ago they would be considered prime lvl poontang.
2298626_orig.jpg

1291883.jpg

Danikas

Arcane
Wow yeah, imagine. It would have a deep and complex open world full of diverse and interesting encounters. None of this Farcry bandit camp nonsense!

Just like MGSV!

Oh wait...
Yeah remember armored convoy 15 that was a good story :hahano:

Owlish

Dumbfuck!
Dumbfuck Douchebag! Village Idiot Repressed Homosexual Possibly Retarded Edgy Shitposter
God forbid I prefer to look at a woman's ass / hear a woman's voice for the 30+ hours I play an RPG. Must make me gay.

You're either retarded or trollin'.
I've been hearing this excuse for over 15 years and it's an absolute lie. You aren't looking at the video game character's ass, for one reason being that this game is FIRST PERSON, you are self-inserting as a female because you have autogynephile tendencies.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom