Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

ELEX ELEX II - Jax is back

RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In
snapshot.jpg

PB making women in their games ugly far before any other western dev. Glad to see they're continuing the tradition.

It's just general PB jank, that's not what a woman made ugly on purpose would look like.

Zarniwoop

TESTOSTERONIC As Fuck™
Patron
Shadorwun: Hong Kong
Praise be ELEX!

When is out though, this year?

What are you, a non-millennial?

These days the hype train leaves the station years (or decades in some cases) before you will ever see a game.

Hobo Elf

Arcane
cool trailer but it does not fit piranha bytes games at all. You just know in this first hour jax will be using a poorly textured black crowbar and beating to death purple void boars and raptors. Collecting their purple soda esscense so you can at the first town you come across in the game sell for 300 gold then look who to rob murder hobo for a extra 200 gold so you can pay to learn how to open basic locks. Then you alt f4 out of the game and look for other games to play.

You meant for the first 5+ hours you're gonna hold on to that crowbar and run away like hell / hide behind your companion as he/she fights those purple void boars and raptors.
If you just run to Tavar, jetpack over the faggot door guard and go buy some 'nades you'll be golden. It's a bit expensive at first but slowly they'll start paying themselves back as you increase their damage with one skill perk and get the trophy skill as well.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
Eh, the announcement trailer looks like meh, but the rough outline makes it sound interesting.

I wonder if it's going to be as janky as the first game.

Seeker
In My Safe Space
The excuse for being weak at the start of Elex is believable. You just crashed, your equipment stolen, your dope absent. You are recovering so it's normal to feel weak.
I want to see the excuse for being weak in Elex 2, maybe drug induced amnesia?

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
The excuse for being weak at the start of Elex is believable. You just crashed, your equipment stolen, your dope absent. You are recovering so it's normal to feel weak.
Overdose of XELE

mkultra

Augur
True, but it's been in development for 3,5 years at this point. I think it's fair to say october, november most likely

Doesn't look like it's close to finished... i'm very surprised they're saying its coming out in 2021. From first page:

What did we see
Our impressions of Elex 2 are based on a gameplay presentation, the reveal trailer and almost an hour and a half of conversation with Björn and Jenny Pankratz from Piranha Bytes. How Elex 2 actually plays cannot currently be assessed - the game is in a very early version anyway, but it is already impressive. In this cover story here we first clarify the rough basic facts about gameplay, open world and Co., before we then go much deeper into the exciting innovations.

Dodo1610

Arcane
No idea where this info is coming from but Gamestar says
Was machen wir jetzt damit?
Aus dieser Verwirrung lässt sich zumindest eines ableiten: Piranha Bytes und THQ Nordic streben einen Release irgendwann zwischen 2021 und 2022 an. Das aktuelle Jahr ist wahrscheinlich der optimistische Release-Zeitpunkt, der mit sehr viel Glück hinhauen könnte. Alternativ müsst ihr euch bis Frühjahr oder Sommer 2022 gedulden. Die Preorder-Phase von Elex 2 hat übrigens noch nicht begonnen, ihr könnt das Spiel auf Steam lediglich auf die Wunschliste packen.

Translation
What do we do with it now?
At least one thing can be deduced from this confusion: Piranha Bytes and THQ Nordic are aiming for a release sometime between 2021 and 2022. The current year is probably the optimistic release date, which could work out with a lot of luck. Alternatively, you will have to wait until spring or summer 2022.

+ They also say Gameplay is expected next month and the release date might be unveiled at Gamescom in August

Last edited:

Haplo

Prophet
Patron
Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire

Not THAT weak, IMO.

All of the "normal" weapons (that is, below Tier 1) are so weak and ineffective, they might as well be removed from the game without loss.
And even if you get a hold of Tier 1 weapon early, it's gonna require level 10+ stats to use.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Arbitrary cutoff points where you can magically wield equipment is dumb

Strongly agreed.

Soft stat requirement >>> hard stat requirement.

Soft stat requirement is like Demon Souls. Can someone fully draw a longbow with almost no strength? No. Can partially draw it? Yes. The unique exception to that rule, whre hard stat requirement makes sense is when we are talking about for example, a legendary weapon like Mjölnir which only few can wield it. Or in case of complex magic spells for a novice caster. His mind just can't comprehend it.

Zlaja

Arcane
A more representative trailer would feature a montage of Jax being one-shotted and ragdolling funny through the air.

Paty in the first one was the best paty

That's because she was voiced by Lena Headey in the first Risen.

Last edited:

jungl

Augur
You meant for the first 5+ hours you're gonna hold on to that crowbar and run away like hell / hide behind your companion as he/she fights those purple void boars and raptors.

It depends how many juvenile purple boars and raptors there are in the starting area.

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
No idea where this info is coming from but Gamestar says
Was machen wir jetzt damit?
Aus dieser Verwirrung lässt sich zumindest eines ableiten: Piranha Bytes und THQ Nordic streben einen Release irgendwann zwischen 2021 und 2022 an. Das aktuelle Jahr ist wahrscheinlich der optimistische Release-Zeitpunkt, der mit sehr viel Glück hinhauen könnte. Alternativ müsst ihr euch bis Frühjahr oder Sommer 2022 gedulden. Die Preorder-Phase von Elex 2 hat übrigens noch nicht begonnen, ihr könnt das Spiel auf Steam lediglich auf die Wunschliste packen.

Translation
What do we do with it now?
At least one thing can be deduced from this confusion: Piranha Bytes and THQ Nordic are aiming for a release sometime between 2021 and 2022. The current year is probably the optimistic release date, which could work out with a lot of luck. Alternatively, you will have to wait until spring or summer 2022.

+ They also say Gameplay is expected next month and the release date might be unveiled at Gamescom in August
There was a vague release date window on Steam, but it was quickly changed to "Coming Soon".

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom