Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

From Software Elden Ring - From Software's new game with writing by GRRM

Silva

Arcane
Also what is wrong with summoning a magic horse, exactly?
DS1: you're a beef jerky dude in a catacomb with a knife.

BB: you're a super-powered hunter of beasts.

Sekiro: you're a ninja.

Elden Ring: you're a magical horse riding hero. That jumps.

It's a pattern. The popamole is growing.

Last edited:

toroid

Arcane
The writing is on the wall. From is using the same low-risk accessible AAA game design formulas that Ubisoft, EA and Bethesda have been perfecting for years. But you're going to buy it anyway, play it for five to ten hours before getting upset that it's completely derivative and creatively bankrupt, and then play it for 30 more hours because you payed sixty dollars for it.

Last edited:

toro

Arcane
Vatnik
The writing is on the wall. From is using the same low-risk accessible AAA game design formulas that Ubisoft, EA and Bethesda have been perfecting for years. But you're going to buy it anyway, play it for five to ten hours before getting upset that it's completely derivative and creatively bankrupt, and then play it for 30 more hours because you payed sixty dollars for it.

Elex 2 thread is here: https://rpgcodex.net/forums/threads/elex-ii-jax-is-back-coming-march-1st.138985/

Old Hans

Arcane
Also what is wrong with summoning a magic horse, exactly?
DS1: you're a beef jerky dude in a catacomb with a knife.

BB: you're a super-powered hunter of beasts.

Sekiro: you're a ninja.

Elden Ring: you're a magical horse riding hero. That jumps.

It's a pattern. The popamoleness is growing.
whoa hold on
hold your horses
simmer down
take a chill pill
why the hell would you ever take beef jerky dude down into the catacombs with a knife

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
I like this video here. It showcases a bit of the familiar From Software vertically labyrinthine level design. It seems that the jump button (and horse double jump) opens up even more possibilities.

You can jump, IT'S A REVOLUTION!

That reminds me of the hoo-hah re. flying in Anthem. Nigga, you could fly and fight in mid air in City of Heroes in 2004.

deem

Savant
Interview with Hidetaka Miyazaki for EDGE Magazine #367 February 2022

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0048.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0049.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0050.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0051.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0052.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0053.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0054.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0055.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0056.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0057.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0058.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0059.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0060.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0061.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0062.jpg

Edge-02-2022-downmagaz-net-page-0063.jpg

gerey

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I genuinely hope that they only paid GRRM to stamp his name on the game and that he had next to no involvement in actually writing any part of the story or lore.

That fat fuck should just gracelessly expire already so I can mock whatever ASoIaF fans that are left about wasting their lives obsessing over an unfinished turd.

deem

Savant
I was tempted to start a viking play-through of DS3 but no. I can wait another month. Also I appreciate that they did not rush the release to meet Christmas deadline, unlike some other developers.

Talby

Arcane
Patron
Codex USB, 2014
"Just another Souls game" is still better than 90% of AAA dreck, so it will at least be a good time. Would you rather play Assassin's Creed tranny simulators?

Silverfish

Arbiter
whoa hold on
hold your horses
simmer down
take a chill pill
why the hell would you ever take beef jerky dude down into the catacombs with a knife

Because a divine bandit's knife can one-shot the skeletons with a backstab, bleed out the necromancers and let's you quickly take down Pinwheel's phantoms while Leeroy goes ham on him?

deem

Savant
Looks like fake walls are back in Elden Ring.

One of the commenters elucidates:

There is an elevator behind it. It's possible to mod the wall out, but you can't step on the elevator because it has no collision.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom