Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

CD Projekt's Cyberpunk 2077 Update 2.0 + Phantom Liberty Expansion Thread

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
If they'd only finished the damn game properly and postponed a big Keanu thing to a DLC a year or two down the road, things would have been much different.

I pretty much agree with all this, but if they had done this we wouldn't have been able to have Keanu inside us.

Don't know about Grand Theft Horsies, but TW3 itself is the more pertinent comparison. CBP's running on the same structural format, but that design just can't meet the expectations fostered by a first-person urban-set experience. It's a different beast and it leaves players wanting.

Comparing anything to RDR2 is going to leave you wanting. Even with its own cut content, development scars, and ongoing outsourced nonsense for RDO, it still totally blows every other "open world" piece of storytelling out of the water.

gurugeorge

Arcane
Patron
Strap Yourselves In
Yeah, I think basically what the current team's job is, is to "finish" the rest of the game (the non-Johnny-story part of it) to the level it coulda shoulda woulda been finished at, if they hadn't wasted a year and a bit on the Keanu story. Given that that would have been "crunch" work if it had been done at the time, the team will probably take another year to get to that level, so a couple of years in total.

Note: I say "wasted" even though I quite liked the Johnny story - it was time and effort wasted from the point of view of what the game should have been at release. I, and I'm sure most other people, expected no more than a cameo from Keanu after that expo reveal. But as has been said many times (disavowed by CDPR, but who believes them now?) when they got Keanu, he only had a certain window of opportunity to do stuff, and by all accounts he got quite into the project, so they crammed as much as they could into that time, and more or less dropped tools on the rest of the game.

If they'd only finished the damn game properly and postponed a big Keanu thing to a DLC a year or two down the road, things would have been much different. Bad executive decision in hindsight, but it's easy to see how it must have made sense at the time - I think, ironically, they underestimated the anticipation for the game, and felt that they had to cram Keanu in for maximum impact. It was unnecessary, people were poised to buy the game in droves anyway, and they'd have been quite happy with a better bulk-of-game and a mere cameo from the big man.
Johnny story was nonsense anon because it was OVERTAKE anon of V anon main character story anon because it was JOHNNY STORY ORBIT nonsense game anon and V anon was WEAK WORTHLESS main character anon anon in OWN GAME anon! It is true anon! It is!

Yeah. As I say, it would have been brilliant as a DLC - it would have put an interesting capstone on a V career that had gone through the original game in a proper RPG fashion. It would even have been brilliant from a marketing point of view and revitalized interest in a successful game a year or two down the line.

OR, the game could have been marketed as that "action-adventure" story from the beginning, and it would have been fine. But the cockteasing about "be your own V in an amazing cyberpunk RPG" marketing made the Johnny/V story sit uneasily in an unfinished game.

I pretty much agree with all this, but if they had done this we wouldn't have been able to have Keanu inside us.
Theodora anon! Good strong friend anon! It is many superior anon because game would have real main character anon not WORTHLESS SIDEKICK V character anon! It is true anon! It is! You are a good strong friend anon!

Yeah. As I say, it would have been brilliant as a DLC - it would have put an interesting capstone on a V career that had gone through the original game in a proper RPG fashion. It would even have been brilliant from a marketing point of view and revitalized interest in a successful game a year or two down the line.

OR, the game could have been marketed as that "action-adventure" story from the beginning, and it would have been fine. But the cockteasing about "be your own V in an amazing cyberpunk RPG" marketing made the Johnny/V story sit uneasily in an unfinished game.
Thank you guru anon! You are a good strong friend anon anon! You are! I do not know anon V career DLC game anon after Cyberpunk game anon because it is YOU DIE nonsense ending story anon from Johnny SilverAIDS anon! It is true anon! It is!

Theodora

Arcane
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Theodora !! Good strong friend !! It is many superior ! because game would have real main character ! not WORTHLESS SIDEKICK V character !! It is true !! It is! You are a good strong friend !!
It is a cuckold sim, where your w-life is not your own. Perfect codex game!

Don't take my comment too seriously, there's just a common enough experience playing Cyberpunk where multiple NPCs are wearing the same (or similar) pieces; gives you an uncanny feeling like with NFTs that basically look the same as each other. (And resolution diffs can amplify such an impression.)

Perkel

Arcane
They definitely changed how loot is spawned. There is shitload less of crap to pick up. Previously every room was filled with crap like guitar picks, discs etc that was literally "junk". Now almost 95% of that is removed.

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I did some testing myself last night, and here's what I'm seeing and have made note of so far:

- Random NPCs may act slightly less robotic now, but they definitely still disappear into thin air often enough to shatter any sad sense of immersion you might be trying to enjoy. I can't believe this is still a thing in this game.

- Performance may be somewhat better, despite what most of the Steamtards are screeching about. Ray-tracing is about the same, which still utterly murders framerate when enabled, so I continue to just run maxed settings with DLSS enabled in Auto mode. I can still sustain 100fps at 1440p with only minor dips when looking at crowded scenes.

- Some of the bugs "embedded" within a select few of my saves are still hilariously present. One example is a phone call I can trigger to talk to -- someone? -- about the murals that you see on the walls around the city, and that phone conversation is one-sided. You can't hear anyone talking on the other end. Also, one of my saves still has a mysterious little floating object in the garage at the start of the Nomad campaign. Disappointing that these little yet simple things weren't cleaned up.

- Unless I'm crazy, some of the game's audio has subtly changed. Walking around in boots, for example, produces a predictable heel-to-hard-surface sound, but they mixed in an occasional little squeek that is exceedingly irritating. If you take off your shoes, walking still produces a boot-like, albeit quieter, sound. "Sneaking" offers no decrease in walking volume whatsoever. I don't recall any of these prior to this big patch.

- Speaking of walking, the walk toggle they implemented sucks. It "resets" whenever you enter any new location, even your own apartment, so you suddenly find yourself jogging again. I still use this mod which requires the fix on this page to correct the inability to exit from logging on to computers and so forth if used.

- The combat and general flow of the game does seem to have been smoothed out somewhat, so CDPR deserves some credit for that.

I'll post more impressions later, if I can be bothered to keep playing.

Perkel

Arcane
Another thing i noticed is that by default now all NCPD quests aka bandit camps are not displayed on map. Only jobs aka gigs and sidequests are. They only show on minimap when you are close to them and you don't get NCPD calling you. So you no longer get spammed while traveling town.

This is basically another "switch off POI" like in witcher 3 which massively improves game.

Another thing about map is that they massively improved readability of it. Previously it was annoying to find anything as everything was overloaded with jobs sidequests, ncpd calls and icons were very similar to each other. Now you can easily see stuff like bars, ripperdocks and so on.

------------

Performance wise i switched from GTX1080 which i used to play ultra at around 50ish fps @ 1080p to 6600XT and i am playing mostly 1440p with FSR and raytracing enabled (shadows and lighting on medium, reflections kill FPS) at around 40+fps. With no raytracking i can get around 50ish fps in 4k and around 80-90 at 1440p.

Usually i would pick FPS over res or effects but recent 1.5 change to raytracing massively changes how shadows are handled and game looks noticebly better with raytraced shadows (previously raytraced shadows were only for sun shadows but now they are enabled for most lights).

Also worth noting is that medium setting of raytraced lighting gives you amazing ambient occlusion and proper light bounces and doesn't cost that much in terms of FPS.

catchaser

Savant
I don't know if you people noticed, but this was their initial free dlc list. Most of this shit got implemented in their patches already, but it's hilarious what would they market as a free goodie just to make themselves look nice and generous. A fucking mirror that toggles their version of "showracemenu" or a pack with goddamn poses... Fucking disgusting.

• dlc1_swp (smart weapons pack)
  • dlc2_jposes (photo mode poses)
  • dlc3_kab01 (new gig in kabuki)
  • dlc4_quartz (possibly a free car)
  • dlc5_jackets (got this already, 4 lousy jackets)
  • dlc6_apart (got this recently, it's extremely underwhelming)
  • dlc7_pwp (power weapons pack)
  • dlc8_mirror (got this recently... no comments)
  • dlc9_arr06 (new gig in arroyo)
  • dlc10_monster (hard to tell)
  • dlc11_jlook (possibly some customization stuff)
  • dlc12_mfinish (dunno)
  • dlc13_twp (tech weapons pack)
  • dlc14_arr12 (another arroyo gig)
  • dlc15_ngplus (self explanatory, new game plus which they are still holding in for some stupid reason)
  • dlc16_jpn06 (new japantown gig)
  • dlc17_bwp (bladed or blunt weapons pack)
And i'm sure all of this crap existed on launch day already.

Another thing i noticed is that by default now all NCPD quests aka bandit camps are not displayed on map. Only jobs aka gigs and sidequests are. They only show on minimap when you are close to them and you don't get NCPD calling you. So you no longer get spammed while traveling town.

This is basically another "switch off POI" like in witcher 3 which massively improves game.
Placebo is strong in this one... It always worked that way.

Perkel

Arcane
Placebo is strong in this one... It always worked that way.

No it did not. Map was filled with crap and there were ? everywhere which usually were either NCPD bandit camps, gigs or sidequests. NCPD calls aren't on map anymore only when you get close to them and they are not added to map if you get close. Only sidequests and gigs are on map.

Moreover due to change how fixers works only some of gigs are shown on map you currently unlocked instead of all of them at the same time.

old vs new with default settings.

unknown.png

Last edited:

Gargaune

Magister
tl;dr how is the third party group doing in fixing the game and giving modding capabilities to this clunker?
I waited in vain to hear something about improving modding support.
Improve modding? They broke half the shit I was using! And I haven't even installed any scripted stuff. The Deus Ex radio? Fucks with the Additional Content option in the main menu. The car reskins I was using? Now they all load low-LOD versions. Clothes mods? Scrambled icon sets. The one good hair mod? Just doesn't work anymore. Couldn't even start the game until I tracked down the outdated cursor mod that was crashing it.

CDPR stole my Red Ferrari™ and gave my waifu a bad haircut! :argh::argh::argh:

P.S. Oh, and just for the record, I also had to update my GPU driver to restore DLSS function and then I found they picked my pocket for another ~3 FPS. I hope Bruxelles takes their €uromoneyz and gives it to Swen, at least he's honest about his shit being Early Access!

P.P.S. False alarm, hair mods still work fine. Maybe it spazzed out because I'd previously edited the save in Save Editor, the slot changed. I no longer hope Bruxelles gives CDPR's €uromoneys to Swen.

Last edited:

Fargus

Arcane
I heard some guy on nexus made a mod with police car chases before cd cucks added this feature in 1.5 update. Is it true?

Gargaune

Magister
I'm sad to say that pedestrians still haven't learned that honking means "get a fucking move on." I know sidewalks are for pedestrians, I respect that, I really do, but come now, it's polite to put a slight skip in your step when someone's waiting to park. Oh, well, they still react to being run over.

On the bright side...

I CAN REBIND F!!!

:happytrollboy:

RobotSquirrel

Arcane
Developer
back in my day, in one year a whole system shock 2 could be made.
Not exactly true (it was 18 months, so not quite 1 year) but if you were to hit the same standard with today's modern tools it'd definitely be doable. There are a lot of wonderful workflow optimizations we have now especially on the art pipeline for low-poly.

Gerrard

Arcane
I don't know if you people noticed, but this was their initial free dlc list. Most of this shit got implemented in their patches already, but it's hilarious what would they market as a free goodie just to make themselves look nice and generous. A fucking mirror that toggles their version of "showracemenu" or a pack with goddamn poses... Fucking disgusting.
That's what NPCs still praise them for to this day, so...

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom