Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter Kingdom Come: Deliverance - Dan Vavra's medieval chad simulator

The_Mask

Just like Yves, I chase tales.
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
Then again, my Henry is one man army Cuman murdering machine you'd think i'd be knighted by now.
Yeah, this is the only part that is a bit off. Towards the end of the game, you can take on 10+ at once (properly buffed with potions, of course), sometimes even more, and people will still treat you as a that lucky blacksmith's kid, when you should *clearly* be knighted.

It's all good. It gets better.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ho wow, i'm an alcoholic lmao. I thought you had to get smashed to reach that point but it seems just getting tipsy often does the trick and since i'm a filthy save scammer i've basically been running around with a buzz the whole time. I had half a mind of keeping the debuff but i'm not sure if i had to stop drinking alcohol completely for it to go away and i ain't gonna stop using saviour schnapps so i just used the potion to the get rid of it.

Doing the Ashes DLC and it's kinda of nice i can give people from the town a job. I got Kunesh to chop wood and that other guy who used to run the mines is now the trader. Funny thing i paid for that fucking thing but i still have to buy anything from my own trade store. Sheesh. Hope i ain't gonna fuck up anything from the main quest as building anything takes a couple of days but i need the stables so i can buy that Shadow horse and complete my rogue LARP once and for all.

My bow skill is at 7 and i can finally shoot most things reliably with the alcohol buff. I got the hunting perk that makes animals less skittish and its now a breeze to kill them. Hunting meat isn't really that great a way to make money though killing bandits is now much more profitable but i guess it adds variety. I also discovered the Inn guy in Talmberg pretty much buys everything and now that i started selling stuff to him he always has tons of money. Makes selling things anywhere else redundant since the chest is right there. He currently has 42k groschen and i basically got nothing else i want to sell. Best way to make money at this point is just to hunt around for bandits on the north portion of the map and just go back to Talmberg to unload everything to this one guy.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Correction, my bow skill is at 9. Guess i wasn't paying attention i've actually been using the bow to kill enemies and it seems archery is actually overpowered in this game since a lot of them drop dead with a single arrow and even armored guys go down easily if the arrow staggers them which allows you just chain shoot them (and the stagger effect happens often enough).

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So neither the charlatan quest or Masquerade lead to anything?

Lot's of unfinished stuff in this game. While i was finishing up some stuff in Sassau i found that Ulrich did is sleeping in the Inn there and was almost tempted to look his shit but then i google it on an hunch and yep, there's a quest where you have to help him and if you steal his shit he is just going to show up naked lmao. I just stole his fancy shirt since i didn't have it and i'm collecting at least one for each item in the game.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Ok because i'm at the part where he jumps out of the window and tells me to meet him in Ledetchko but when i went there he acted like he didn't know me.

Hellion

Arcane
After playing Pentiment, I feel a sudden urge after 4 years to revisit KCD since it takes place more or less in the same region and timeframe. Are there any absolutely must-have DLC that add significant stuff to the core game? From The Ashes has an interesting premise but all user and press reviews are at 5-6/10.

whocares

Savant
I will not eat the bugs. I will not live in a pod. I will not use 2FA.

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
After playing Pentiment, I feel a sudden urge after 4 years to revisit KCD since it takes place more or less in the same region and timeframe. Are there any absolutely must-have DLC that add significant stuff to the core game? From The Ashes has an interesting premise but all user and press reviews are at 5-6/10.
It's totally subjective, I had a lot of fun with all the DLCs, including Ashes, but if you don't enjoy the "build your hub" shenanigans (think base building in Fallout 4), Ashes are skippable.

The other DLCs are p. much additional side quests, tho p. meaty and fun. I guess the last one, Woman's Lot, is the best. It features one of the best quests ever written for an RPG and a companion dog.

Anyway just buy the Royal edition with all the DLCs, it's a handful of bucks in any of the reseller key stores.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Ashes is the only one I found to be some tedious shit that made the overall experience worse. No, I don't want a stupid time-wasting management system in my RPG, thank you very much.

If you would get one, the Woman's Lot is the best, as it gives you the dog and a new skill to go along with it, a standalone mini-campaign, and a great quest line in the main one.

The Capon one is quite nice at the end but getting there is a lot of running around, doing minigames. It's alright.

And the mercs one is almost great but it fizzles out just when you feel it's starting to get going.
Merc one could benefit from being twice as long, and Capon one could benefit from having more Capon in it. In fact, Capon DLC should have followed the Woman's Lot model, it would be way more exciting that way.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
I'm doing Ashes now doesn't seem to be that much management. It's basically a bunch of quests to build some stuff that initially comes at a loss (which who cares by that point you have millions of groschen) but then starts raking in profit but it's all automatic from what i've seen. It would really annoying if you still need to "manage" it after its complete but so far i saw no indication you need to do anything once its done besides show up every now and then to pick up your earnings.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
WTF i leave for a day and the guy in Talmberg has no money anymore. Fuck i should have just looted his chest 42k Groschen gone that's what i get for trying to be honest.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i finally build the stables and while Shadowmare does complete my Garret cosplay get up i'm a bit disappointed by the saddler improvement. I thought i would have been able to by some neat stuff but there's only a couple of hear armor pieces which are pointless as i never take the horse to war.

Maybe i should have gone with Jenda and build the garrison instead, though i really don't care about training. I avoided Bernard just because i didn't want to trivialize the game so i wouldn't use anything in the garrison other than for fun every now and then.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Meh, i went to Merhojed to see if Shadowmere is really that much better than Jenda but none of the horses are back after Pestilence. Google doesn't seem to provide any real answer as to how long i'm supposed to wait somebody said two weeks but i think it's already been that and still no horses. I talked to Melichar who told me everybody was cured etc so everything was done correctly.

Fuck it, Shadowmere is way better than Al-Buraq faster and can carry more i don't feel like waiting. I'll try the Garrison on my next playthrough where i get to play muh paladin instead of a thief.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i finally build the stables and while Shadowmare does complete my Garret cosplay get up i'm a bit disappointed by the saddler improvement.
IIRC the best saddles are still sold in Neuhoff by the widow chick, even after you build your own stables.

So the best saddle is the one i won on the race and can't get a similar one with different colors? I got the black cover for Shadowmere and everything but the saddle is green and it is triggering my OCD.

Last edited:

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Well well, aren't Mathew and Fritz a pair of lunatics. They now want to rob wages from honest quarrymen.

Not sure what to think of this kinda of quest design, where roleplaying options means you are going to miss out on content. Kinda ballsy of them too to design entire quests than dare the player to ignore them since i'm sure the first instinct for most people would be to follow the "moral" option which in this case it means to just tell Matthew and Fritz to fuck off.

I'll do the quest just because i want to see it like all the other ones but at this rate any future "moral" playthrough would involve just skipping half the game lmao.

[EDIT] Just talked to Andrew seems like i jumped the gun there's two parallel quests then, like that Hare Hunt quest. I'll try both options to see what outcomes you get with both.

Hellion

Arcane
Finished A Woman's Lot for the first time. If you exclude the initially retarded "walk to the north-westermost edge of the map, pick up a flower, then walk back to the south-easternmost edge to continue" quest design, eventually it gets really exciting.

Man, the intro Cuman invasion is still one of the greatest moments in the game. You could practically build an entire game revolving solely around it, with different characters' experiences and points of view during these 2-3 days, and it would still be awesome.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
So i tried Andrew's way and it still ended up badly. Rock and an hard place is an apt name for this quest. Guess there's no way to redeem those two they even suggest i frame Andrew who as much of a piece of shit as he is seems to at least have some pangs of conscience about robbing innocent workers. Supposedly i can get Matthew and Fritz to come to Pribyslavitz but to keep them alive it seems i pretty much have to agree to their banditry, or try to "meta" my way around the quest (like taking the money from Talmberg then put my own in there, but that's just LARPing bullshit). And you can't even say hardship drove them to it Henry put his neck on the line for them giving them a job when most of the Skalitz refugees didn't even get a chance and they still fucked it up and turned to banditry.

This quest is also a massive non-sequitor after Masquerade i guess that shit with the Cuman disguise didn't mean nothing.

[EDIT] So i tried another way and lmao you get the option to hang all of them.

Time to reload and do it Matthews way so i can at least experience the event.

Last edited:

SlamDunk

Arcane
This guy thinks that Embracer Group (the owner of Warhorse Studios) expects Kingdom Come 2 to release in the second half of 2023.

He thinks "Studio case #2" is Warhorse, which was acquired in 2019.

VjjGJ1A.jpg

Last edited:

Hace El Oso

Arcane
Patron
That bad?

Yes. Practically trying its hardest to be inaccurate, everything dyed black (once in a while some poop brown thrown in), story told in a retard-proof manner and absolutely no charm to be found anywhere. I’m not demanding the finest film in history, but can’t it make at least this much of an effort?

:
original-film-title-flesh-blood-english-title-flesh-blood-film-director-paul-verhoeven-year-1985-stars-rutger-hauer-credit-orion-pictures-album-P0F8K9.jpg

24032017162420.jpg

40850159093_1e411453c4_b.jpg

Last edited:

cvv

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom