Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Game News Mass Effect: Legendary Edition info-bits from EA

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
Tags: BioWare; EA; Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

EA has put out this article about the upcoming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, which is a remaster of the original trilogy of the games. For those curious about all the changes, there's quite a bit on character creation, your space tank, combat, what will be included, and this:

The more content you complete across the entire trilogy, the more likely you’ll be prepared for the final fights in its conclusion. If you only play Mass Effect 3, you’ll have to do just about every option available in the game to be eligible for an ending that doesn’t result in massive galactic losses. Playing the first two games and carrying over your progress is the most reliable way to get good results in the final hours of the Reaper War. For comparison, if you previously played ME3 with the Extended Cut (which included Galactic Readiness rebalancing), fully preparing for the final fight will be more difficult to achieve in the Legendary Edition. And on that note: the Extended Cut ending is now the game’s default finale.​

It still kind of amazed me how they shipped the third game with the endings the way they were originally and thought that would fly. You're the legendary mega hero that did all these things and the end result is nothing much other than a new skybox.

Spotted at Blue's News

Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Wrath
It's mostly meh with some bits of decline. But there are also some good changes. I like these:
Shepard can now sprint out of combat
All relevant enemies now take headshot damage in the first game
Weapons and armor DLC packs are now integrated naturally into the game; they’re obtainable via research or by purchasing them from merchants as you progress through the game, rather than being immediately unlocked from the start. This ensures overall balance and progression across ME2 and ME3

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
fully preparing for the final fight will be more difficult to achieve in the Legendary Edition.
Wasn't this dependent on how much other people grinded the mp in the original release?
No grinding was necessary, you had to play ~5 mp battles each 15-20 min long to bring the default 0.5 readiness multiplier to 1.0 for a ~week.
Originally it was impossible to get anything but the "worst" (red) ending without playing mp even by getting max score outcomes from all 3 games and dlc (forget rp, we're talking about min-maxing all choices here).
This has been later rebalanced to make it possible to unlock all possible outcomes without touching mp, you still had to get the near perfect outcomes from all 3 games and dlcs. The only way to make it more difficult is to make mp a necessity again, which is ridiculous.

Saint_Proverbius

Administrator
Staff Member
This has been later rebalanced to make it possible to unlock all possible outcomes without touching mp, you still had to get the near perfect outcomes from all 3 games and dlcs. The only way to make it more difficult is to make mp a necessity again, which is ridiculous.

They probably did away with the MP thing because MP matching servers and things like that cost money. I don't think they did it because it was a hugely bad idea to begin with.

Irxy

Arcane
Project: Eternity
They probably did away with the MP thing because MP matching servers and things like that cost money. I don't think they did it because it was a hugely bad idea to begin with.
Don't think so, ME3 multiplayer has been relatively popular on its own and some of my friends have been playing it for years after release. Actually, just checked and it is still active (unsure about population numbers though).
The idea of forcing players to play mp to succeed in a single-player game did recieve tons of backlash.

baud

Arcane
Patron
RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
fully preparing for the final fight will be more difficult to achieve in the Legendary Edition.
Wasn't this dependent on how much other people grinded the mp in the original release?
No grinding was necessary, you had to play ~5 mp battles each 15-20 min long to bring the default 0.5 readiness multiplier to 1.0 for a ~week.
Originally it was impossible to get anything but the "worst" (red) ending without playing mp even by getting max score outcomes from all 3 games and dlc (forget rp, we're talking about min-maxing all choices here).

I think it was made easier with all the ME3 DLCs, which come bundled with the legendary edition. So raising the minimum readiness value to get all the endings make sense.

And MP did bring money via lootboxes.

Vladimuar

Savant
I never got to that blue calamari cringe sex scene. Gonna give another shot with Legendary Edition.

NJClaw

OoOoOoOoOoh
Patron
Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture
Never played a single Mass Defect in my life.
you're missing out on hours upon hours of looking at space butts
Uh, excuse me:

8Hw7jQw.png

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
Imagine if they have the original mass effect 3 ending in the remaster.

MicoSelva

backlog digger
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex 2013 Codex 2014 PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Serpent in the Staglands Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Divinity: Original Sin 2 Bubbles In Memoria A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Kingmaker Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I helped put crap in Monomyth
It's mostly meh with some bits of decline. But there are also some good changes. I like these:
Shepard can now sprint out of combat
All relevant enemies now take headshot damage in the first game
Weapons and armor DLC packs are now integrated naturally into the game; they’re obtainable via research or by purchasing them from merchants as you progress through the game, rather than being immediately unlocked from the start. This ensures overall balance and progression across ME2 and ME3
All pre-order / retail / other promo exclusives would be much less annoying if they were items you actually have to find in the game (with maybe some hints where to find them), rather than overpowered bonus items inexplicably appearing in a lvl. 1 character's inventory alongside his junk pistol or twig bow.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I played only the first Mass Effect and it was boring trash. So boring I literally don't remember anything about its story or any in-game action, except sex with a blue female alien.

Didn't even realize how bland it was until now...

Bumvelcrow

Somewhat interesting
Patron
Dumbfuck
Codex 2013 Codex 2014 Make the Codex Great Again! Strap Yourselves In
I played only the first Mass Effect and it was boring trash. So boring I literally don't remember anything about its story or any in-game action, except sex with a blue female alien.

Didn't even realize how bland it was until now...

That was the good one of the series: you had a decent plot and blue alien sex. In the second you only had the blue alien sex, and I think in the third you didn't even have that.

:negative:

If this is free for owners of the original games I might give it a whirl. I might even try a different colored alien sex option.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom