Official RPG Codex Discord Server

1. Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.
    Dismiss Notice

Game News Mass Effect: Legendary Edition info-bits from EA

Discussion in 'News & Content Feedback' started by Saint_Proverbius, Apr 7, 2021.

1. Saint_Proverbius Administrator Patron

Saint_Proverbius
    Tags: BioWare; EA; Mass Effect: Legendary Edition

EA has put out this article about the upcoming Mass Effect: Legendary Edition, which is a remaster of the original trilogy of the games. For those curious about all the changes, there's quite a bit on character creation, your space tank, combat, what will be included, and this:

The more content you complete across the entire trilogy, the more likely you’ll be prepared for the final fights in its conclusion. If you only play Mass Effect 3, you’ll have to do just about every option available in the game to be eligible for an ending that doesn’t result in massive galactic losses. Playing the first two games and carrying over your progress is the most reliable way to get good results in the final hours of the Reaper War. For comparison, if you previously played ME3 with the Extended Cut (which included Galactic Readiness rebalancing), fully preparing for the final fight will be more difficult to achieve in the Legendary Edition. And on that note: the Extended Cut ending is now the game’s default finale.​

It still kind of amazed me how they shipped the third game with the endings the way they were originally and thought that would fly. You're the legendary mega hero that did all these things and the end result is nothing much other than a new skybox.

Spotted at Blue's News

• meh x 3
    • Excited! x 2
    • hopw roewur ne x 1
    • Slam dunk! x 1
    • Fabulously Optimistic x 1
    • Shit x 1
    ^ Top  
  2. rusty_shackleford Arcane

rusty_shackleford
    :d1p::d1p::d1p::d1p::d1p:

• consume product x 4
    • Funny x 1
    • incline x 1
    • Yes x 1
    • No x 1
    • Slam dunk! x 1
    • cuck x 1
    • retadred x 1
    • Excited! x 1
    ^ Top  
  3. Jaedar Arcane Patron

Jaedar
    Project: Eternity Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    Wasn't this dependent on how much other people grinded the mp in the original release?

• Yes Yes x 1
    • No No x 1
    ^ Top  
  4. Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd Arcane Patron

Sordid MCA/Prosper Hybryd
    Divinity: Original Sin Torment: Tides of Numenera Pathfinder: Kingmaker Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    It's mostly meh with some bits of decline. But there are also some good changes. I like these:

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Salute Salute x 1
    ^ Top  
  5. Irxy Arcane

Irxy
    Project: Eternity
    No grinding was necessary, you had to play ~5 mp battles each 15-20 min long to bring the default 0.5 readiness multiplier to 1.0 for a ~week.
    Originally it was impossible to get anything but the "worst" (red) ending without playing mp even by getting max score outcomes from all 3 games and dlc (forget rp, we're talking about min-maxing all choices here).
    This has been later rebalanced to make it possible to unlock all possible outcomes without touching mp, you still had to get the near perfect outcomes from all 3 games and dlcs. The only way to make it more difficult is to make mp a necessity again, which is ridiculous.

^ Top  
  6. Saint_Proverbius Administrator Patron

Saint_Proverbius
    They probably did away with the MP thing because MP matching servers and things like that cost money. I don't think they did it because it was a hugely bad idea to begin with.

^ Top  
  7. Irxy Arcane

Irxy
    Project: Eternity
    Don't think so, ME3 multiplayer has been relatively popular on its own and some of my friends have been playing it for years after release. Actually, just checked and it is still active (unsure about population numbers though).
    The idea of forcing players to play mp to succeed in a single-player game did recieve tons of backlash.

^ Top  
  8. baud Magister Patron

baud
    RPG Wokedex Strap Yourselves In Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I think it was made easier with all the ME3 DLCs, which come bundled with the legendary edition. So raising the minimum readiness value to get all the endings make sense.

And MP did bring money via lootboxes.

^ Top  
  9. Vladimuar Learned

Vladimuar
    I never got to that blue calamari cringe sex scene. Gonna give another shot with Legendary Edition.

• Acknowledge this user's Agenda Acknowledge this user's Agenda x 1
    ^ Top  
  10. Kalin Dumbfuck! Dumbfuck Zionist Agent

Kalin
    Never played a single Mass Defect in my life.

• Brofist x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Edgy x 1
    • Despair x 1
    • Disgusting! x 1
    ^ Top  
  11. Maxie Arcane

Maxie
    you're missing out on hours upon hours of looking at space butts

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  12. NJClaw I'm single now, looking for a new forum boyfriend Patron

NJClaw
    Pathfinder: Kingmaker
    I'm Ridin' with Biden I'm Ridin' with Biden
    Uh, excuse me:

[​IMG]

• Despair Despair x 3
    • decline decline x 2
    • STOP! posting STOP! posting x 1
    • butthurt butthurt x 1
    ^ Top  
  13. Tyranicon A Memory of Eternity Developer

Tyranicon
    Imagine if they have the original mass effect 3 ending in the remaster.

• incline incline x 1
    ^ Top  
  14. vortex Fabulous Optimist

vortex
    Last edited: Apr 10, 2021
    ^ Top  

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.