Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Armored Core VI: Fires of Rubicon

Lyre Mors

Arcane
I don't see how I would've been able to hit that chimney of his without the hover ability.
Totally doable with bipedal AC and a decent boost setup. That's how I did it. Just boosted over it when it charged me and rammed grenades down its chimney. Fun boss, and what a spectacle. Love the way the heated up grinders look in action.

TedNugent

Arcane
Killed Smart Cleaner on 4th attempt. I am guessing I would have had way more trouble with him if I didn't happen to buy tetrapod legs just in time for this mission. I don't see how I would've been able to hit that chimney of his without the hover ability. Had to switch my left arm to a ranged weapon for this fight too. Melee seemed useless against him.
Its weak point is the cockpit.

Basically you need to stagger it, then stand in front in the center, manually change your point of aim to the cockpit and launch baZOOOOOKas/gatling guns/rifle spam, blades, whatever, rinse repeat. You should be able to chew through at least 1/3 of its health every stagger. It conveniently stands there looking stupid for a few seconds each time you stagger it, giving you plenty of time to maneuver into position and unload at least twice with boomsticks.

The cockpit does slightly more damage without stagger. Hitting the chimney isn't ideal unless you're going airborne to get around the front end.

Ok looks like I'm out of steam for today, will not be killing the Sea Spider now. Getting annoyed by the fact that these handlers won't shut the fuck up during every boss fight. Since when it became acceptable to dump exposition during a tough fight anyway? I'm trying to deal with a boss, stop pissing in my ear you faggots. :argh: Especially annoying when I'm retrying the fight many times, hearing same lines over and over starts to trigger me.

Last edited:

HeatEXTEND

Prophet
Patron

Nathir

Liturgist
Ok looks like I'm out of steam for today, will not be killing the Sea Spider now. Getting annoyed by the fact that these handlers won't shut the fuck up during every boss fight. Since when it became acceptable to dump exposition during a tough fight anyway? I'm trying to deal with a boss, stop pissing in my ear you faggots. :argh: Especially annoying when I'm retrying the fight many times, hearing same lines over and over starts to trigger me.

"Guess you just can't beat the institute..."

Modron

Arcane
Getting annoyed by the fact that these handlers won't shut the fuck up during every boss fight.
It's always fun when games have dialog during combat that you have to restrain yourself from killing the bosses to quickly to see, Nier Replicant was especially bad about this plus had the added layer of encouraging you to speed through combat and movies by having achievements for killing most bosses under a given amount of time.

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Wow, Infiltrate Grid 086 was an amazing mission. Scoured everything and must have still missed something as i didn't get all the logs. Got three armor pieces from chests, one dead MT with a log about drug use, and then through the radar i saw something that looked like an AC but couldn't find how to get to him.

Boss was easier than Balteus but was actually kinda fun. No achievement for it though, which was wierd:

gabel

fork's latest account
Patron
Fair enough, Elden Ring tends to cause burn out. Nobody forced you to try the RL1 run though :p I think you'll be surprised in a positive way by Sekiro. It's kinda unique in many ways.

Nathir

Liturgist
Well I finally beat the game today. I choose to side with Carla, because I liked her the most, and Ayre was annoying. So I got the fires of Raven ending. Not sure why the game wanted me to feel bad about it, it felt like the most logical choice. After Sea spider the game became kind of easy though. Start of Act4 I settled for using the big shotgun in one hand, a ransetsu assault rifle in the other. And on the back I had the diffuse laser cannon and the laser drones. I was bipedal with chicken legs and the Balam chip that improves close range assist. And I was just jumping in peoples faces blowing them up. Act4 boss was down in 3 tries. Act5 boss in 2 tries. Even though I spent hours wiping on Sea spider in Act2. Probably 30-40 tries.

All in all its a fun game, fun gameplay, its fun to mess around with all the different options. Cool characters. Great audiovisual design. Rusty charging the final shot against ice worm and the comms starting to break off... You just feel the power from that shot. It's classic Fromsoftware. After a break I'll get the other endings too.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
Well I finally beat the game today. I choose to side with Carla, because I liked her the most, and Ayre was annoying. So I got the fires of Raven ending. Not sure why the game wanted me to feel bad about it, it felt like the most logical choice. After Sea spider the game became kind of easy though. Start of Act4 I settled for using the big shotgun in one hand, a ransetsu assault rifle in the other. And on the back I had the diffuse laser cannon and the laser drones. I was bipedal with chicken legs and the Balam chip that improves close range assist. And I was just jumping in peoples faces blowing them up. Act4 boss was down in 3 tries. Act5 boss in 2 tries. Even though I spent hours wiping on Sea spider in Act2. Probably 30-40 tries.

All in all its a fun game, fun gameplay, its fun to mess around with all the different options. Cool characters. Great audiovisual design. Rusty charging the final shot against ice worm and the comms starting to break off... You just feel the power from that shot. It's classic Fromsoftware. After a break I'll get the other endings too.
Look at this schmuck, he thinks he finished the game.

Dedicated_Dark

Arbiter
I've been going through this slowly and one thing that keeps getting to me besides the lack of long range options are the invisible walls, and the fact that they are hard walls instead of just a boundary. I understand they have to limit the scope of the environment etc.. but why couldn't they make a boundary that says you have 5 seconds to return to mission area or something, and then make you take chip damage or some crap. It can't be for the cheesing since half the time there is nothing to land on out there anyway. It's an annoyingly artificial.

Since I'm on the topic, customization is also largely lacking, the viable builds over-perform so most other options just seem like you are gimping yourself. If this game had a balancing pass I can pump it up from good to great. Right now it's a decent game, but I still prefer the older titles and infact I would go one step further and say I would put this game and Mech Warrior 5 in the same category. AC6 carries itself on mission & boss design; Mech warrior 5 on economy, scope & customization. I somehow felt more driven in Ace Combat 7 than playing this game, and that game has a more simplistic core loop but carried by mission design & the fluff around the player.

Last edited:

Matador

Arcane
Patron
Codex+ Now Streaming!
I've been going through this slowly and one thing that keeps getting to me besides the lack of long range options are the invisible walls, and the fact that they are hard walls instead of just a boundary. I understand they have to limit the scope of the environment etc.. but why couldn't they make a boundary that says you have 5 seconds to return to mission area or something, and then make you take chip damage or some crap. It can't be for the cheesing since half the time there is nothing to land on out there anyway. It's an annoyingly artificial.

Since I'm on the topic, customization is also largely lacking, the viable builds over-perform so most other options just seem like you are gimping yourself. If this game had a balancing pass I can pump it up from good to great. Right now it's a decent game, but I still prefer the older titles and infact I would go one step further and say I would put this game and Mech Warrior 5 in the same category. AC6 carries itself on mission & boss design; Mech warrior 5 on economy, scope & customization. I somehow felt more driven in Ace Combat 7 than playing this game, and that game has a more simplistic core loop but carried by mission design & the fluff around the player.
I remember For Answer having regulation versions over patches. So I think It is likely to have some balancing down the line.

Latro

Arcane

First entry ACs always lack in part customization and balance. Compare AC6 to every base entry AC and it’s not even comparable in quality and content, so this criticism is always amusing to me. AC3:LR shits out parts because it’s the fourth solo expansion. AC3 has more stuff like weapon arms and tuning, but lets get real, most of them are unusable. I’m looking at what’s there to build on in AC6 and I see room for the future.

WhiskeyWolf

RPG Codex Polish Car Thief
Staff Member
I love how NG++ almost immediately starts going off the rails.

Last edited:
Finally killed the Sea Spider, only for the fucking game to crash during cutscene after fight and now I'll have play through the mission again. Well played From.

Lyre Mors

Arcane
Finally killed the Sea Spider, only for the fucking game to crash during cutscene after fight and now I'll have play through the mission again. Well played From.
That is fucking terrible, bro. I feel for you. Just know once you get through it, you'll have beaten two of the three nastiest, ball-busting bosses in the game.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom