Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

KickStarter ATOM RPG - Wasteland Soviet style! - now with Dead City update

Will you back?

• I will consider it!

Votes: 39 54.9%
  • No! I would never!..

Votes: 9 12.7%
  • kingcomrade

Votes: 23 32.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Does the Witcher Ability: Double damage vs Animals & Monsters work with any weapon?
If so this is so good on followers with Lowered Pistol AP.

I'm really thinking of building Hexogen as a Rifleman but I don't think NPC ever uses Aimed shot.

Luckmann

Arcane
Zionist Agent
I love the game, but man it could've used some translation help as well as someone assisting in terms of idiomatics, because goddamn.

OFLRR8l.png

I honestly have absolutely no clue what is trying to be conveyed here. Is he saying that the topic of conversation is hard on him? Is he saying it relieves him? Is he saying it's physically painful? And where does his fucking scrotum fitting into this, and why is his scrotum exchangeable? I'm sure this made perfect sense in slavic.

DKMrQtC.png

Another one, with a much less severe but also much more common strangeness to it, like.. his mutant arms can cut through metal? That.. I.. I'm just not seeing how you'd do that unless he's a T-1000, or a deathclaw with killer disguise skills.

ERYFKRAD

Barbarian
Patron
Strap Yourselves In Serpent in the Staglands Shadorwun: Hong Kong Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
I honestly have absolutely no clue what is trying to be conveyed here. Is he saying that the topic of conversation is hard on him? Is he saying it relieves him? Is he saying it's physically painful? And where does his fucking scrotum fitting into this, and why is his scrotum exchangeable? I'm sure this made perfect sense in slavic.
Changing catheters is hard, changing subject is easy.

Okagron

Prophet
I wish you could heal companions with food. Seems odd you can heal yourself with food, but the companions can't do the same.

Okagron

Prophet
I wish you could heal companions with food. Seems odd you can heal yourself with food, but the companions can't do the same.

Can heal doggo with food
I know but i wish it applied to all companions. I got Fidel at half health but i'm out of first aid kits and pills. Now i either go to a medic and buy pills or just wait for his health to recover.

How much time do i have to fight the bandits at End of the Line? I remember someone mentioning one month but it starts right at the start of the game. If true, guess i have enough time because i'm only 6 days in.

D!!

Educated
I know but i wish it applied to all companions. I got Fidel at half health but i'm out of first aid kits and pills. Now i either go to a medic and buy pills or just wait for his health to recover.

How much time do i have to fight the bandits at End of the Line? I remember someone mentioning one month but it starts right at the start of the game. If true, guess i have enough time because i'm only 6 days in.

You can. Just put food in your hand and use it on Fidel.

Commissar Draco

Codexia Comrade Colonel Commissar
Patron
Insert Title Here Strap Yourselves In Divinity: Original Sin Project: Eternity Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Divinity: Original Sin 2
Finished the game got ass kicked in battles twice but then used Commssar Charisma and Speechcraft and got such endings:

Myceum got scattered but some of their members survved and entered politics.
PC spend time leading expedition for archeotech and marshaling resources and armies to save the planet

Fidel died fighting against Northern Tyrant
Hexagon written book about traveling with his son.
Sasha deserted and became successful merc with much booze and blad'ej
Doggie not listed :decline:

Igograd/Krasno under military occupation of Atom, smaller but more orderly and focused on
fighting the Hespeus Threat.
:incline:
Factory transformed onto Well funded and connected Security Company under Dan. :incline:

Orodotnoye flourished under the wise rule of Katya and protection of Dan. :incline:

Peragon also :incline:ed under the rule of old port director, no civil war and is now mayor trade harbor.

Red Fighter became somehow bigger than Krasno :incline: with PC getting statue with Hammer and Sickle in hand. :lol:

You need 160 speech to peacefully win the game

Okagron

Prophet
Oh shit, thanks a lot! I'm around 10 hours in, still learning stuff. Just stuffed Fidel with biscuits and non-radiated meat and he's back at full health.

RK47

collides like two planets pulled by gravity
Patron
Dead State Divinity: Original Sin
Oh shit, thanks a lot! I'm around 10 hours in, still learning stuff. Just stuffed Fidel with biscuits and non-radiated meat and he's back at full health.

Companions do not suffer negative effects of toxicity / rads from food. So feel free giving them uncooked meat.

Maggot

Arcane
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire
Where can I get some decent weapons in this game? I have the double barreled rifle and a percussion pistol but I would like something that doesn't jam.

filpan

Scholar
For these 40+ hours Im playing Ive never had a single gun jam.

btw whats the penalty for using a rifle that has a STR req 1 point higher than I have?

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
um found some slave woman at a bandit camp and freed her, then she joined my party and asked to go to krazsno... go there and dunno what to do... she is level 1 and has no equipment, dunno what to use her for

can i sell her?

You are awful man comrade
but yes once Shishak makes his coup you can enter bratva den on ship and sell her for 600 Rubles (900 with skill check) to Pimp. She is useless in fight, can't even cook and you can't even f... her so proper Gentleman can let her go once in Krasno, she will work in Fidel bar but again you won't even get a free drink for being white kinght so the choice is yours.

I do think I found first game braking bug the first AI powered door reject all the answers concerning what was your position in Institute; got two notes, keycard and photo from suitcase. Maybe I miss some cleverly eaten by rat puzzle part?

Dead City as hole seems to be very rushed and lacks content shame cause its very climatic location.
Hey hey hey! Are you completely updated? We fixed that 3 versions ago... Are you completely sure? If so please send us the save to support@atomrpg.com together with what you described here, we'll fix it asap! But it really should work!
On the size... Yeah.

Dead City's problem is that it was planned to be this tiny piece of land surrounded by forbidden terrain, that should've fit only a couple of NPCs and the bunker entrance. Well the map turned out to be giant... So yeah, now we're gonna fill it in somehow, even though it wasn't ever planned actually :((

Okagron

Prophet
The slave trader fight in the End of the Line went surprisingly well, no one on my side died. The sniper chick (i think she's called Lyudmilla) just obliterated some of them, almost wish she could give you her sniper rifle. Got some cool stuff from the slave traders at least.

fantadomat

Arcane
Edgy Vatnik Wumao
The slave trader fight in the End of the Line went surprisingly well, no one on my side died. The sniper chick (i think she's called Lyudmilla) just obliterated some of them, almost wish she could give you her sniper rifle. Got some cool stuff from the slave traders at least.
Yah,she would have been good companion. She killed like half of the people in that fight.

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
This game is pretty terrible. My quest log is full of quests that just boil down to "go to location, talk to someone, walk back to quest giver." I'm talking I have to scroll to see the entire quest log and it's full of shit like that. Insult to injury, a lot of them don't even tell you where to go and force you to talk to every pointless NPC in every map to find the person you're looking for. That's lots of pointless dialogue prompts to click through forever.

Whatever, even New Vegas had lots of terrible fetch quests and it was still good. Well in New Vegas I didn't have to SLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWLY walk across this terrible world map. I can't even alt tab out in borderless mode because I'm constantly interrupted by prompts to tell cultists and raiders to fuck off with 99% chance of success. Did these people play their own game? Did they even play Fallout 2, where your characters move at a brisk pace and isn't constantly being interrupted? Also, the only location I found memorable that was at least distinguishable from "post apocalyptic shithole rendered in shades of brown, AKA present day eastern Europe" was the circus.

The combat is nothing special and the writing is humorous for being translated from insane Russian. That doesn't make up for the truly terrible quest design bloated with countless pointless, do nothing quests.

Just get a car, dude! Or travel with the caravans. Some of these prompts that constantly interrupt you are from caravans. Just ask the driver where he's going, pay him 10 rubles, and there you go! The plan was never to make you run around the map for each quest. It was for you to always have to do something new in a place when you finally get there. When I play, I move in this huge circle, hopping from Otradnoye to the closest place to it - from there to the closest place to that place, and so on. You think we wanted you to run straight to Peregon, just because a postman said so? If you're in Krasnoznamenny, have fun with the place, solve lots of quests that don't need you to travel, get at least 10 reasons to go to Peregon, and then go to Peregon!
hEc71oF.jpg

I'm loving this quest. Timeless political references that no one is going to forget in ten years was my favorite part of Fallout 2.

P5dcB9X.jpg

I think I love this quest more though. The opportunity to revisit every location I've already visited, on the world's slowest world map? Remember the quest in Fallout 1 and 2 that did that? I don't, but maybe I'm not a real fan of those games.

Oh yeah, yeah, AS IF people would forget what that refers to in ten years... You'd like that, wouldn't you?.. You'd like us to forget...
The stuff about killing critters I didn't get at all. We had unprovoked bear and wild pig attacks without any nukes. As if the place you live in never gets those!
The main complaint I have after playing a litle bit is that the systems are opaque. I have 60 points in pickpocketing. What are the odds that I will be sucessful stealing that guy or that guy? Who knows. The game won't tell me. I don't have a clue.

The controls are clunk and the camera is... what you should expect from a 3D camera: shit.
Well it's currently trial and error. You mean like adding some kind of an indicator whether a person is an easy or a hard target? But why? Just try stealing from him! Also, it's easy to miss without a proper tutorial, but you can manage the camera a bit better by using SHIFT to make it go faster, or HOME to lock it on your guy.

I have to admit that "world movement speed is too slow" is a bloody effective minus point though.

Without car it's about as crawly as fallout, luckily world is smaller. You can however get a car, at which point traveling becomes very fast, I'd say even more convenient than in fallout 2, although that's due to world size.

Need to go to the Caravanserai via truck but the guy only says he's going to another place, forget the name (valley of despair or something?) and when I say fine take me there, he takes me to Caravanserai.. is this a bug? or what? confused..

Caravanserai comes from I think Arabic or Persian and means restplace for caravans along the route. So caravanserai is the building/establishment. Journal could have been clearer. I don't remember if it's better formulated in the quest dialogue. Journal is so barebones I am literally using a physical notebook :lol: for things that seem important but don't get recorded. I feel very prestigious however. Also never knew how much did my skill of writing by hand deteriorate over the years of not using it. :?
Can't find the original poster in all the other posts, but basically yeah, Mountain Pass of Woes is the name of the Region, and Caravanserai is a place in the Region. We'll check if the quest log depicts it like this!

I love the game, but man it could've used some translation help as well as someone assisting in terms of idiomatics, because goddamn.

OFLRR8l.png

DKMrQtC.png

Another one, with a much less severe but also much more common strangeness to it, like.. his mutant arms can cut through metal? That.. I.. I'm just not seeing how you'd do that unless he's a T-1000, or a deathclaw with killer disguise skills.

Not to say we don't have trouble with the translation, but that first statement doesn't look any better in Russian. The situation here is you are asking him "Can I change the subject (of the conversation)"? And he's like - Sure! Changing the subject in a conversation is not hard. What's hard is changing the catheter needle I have in my scrotum. Why do I have it jabbed in there? Because it helps me pee without terrible pain! But its made into a single garbled sentence!

And the arms, yeah, it says the same in Russian. I pictured her having these diamond-hard crab hands!

I honestly have absolutely no clue what is trying to be conveyed here
He's saying that it's easy to change the topic.
Guessing it's a Russian idiom or something.
You got it completely right, but it's not an idiom, it sounds alien and strange in Russian as well. We'd be a pretty fudged-up people if we actually had such idioms in common use! :DD

Where can I get some decent weapons in this game? I have the double barreled rifle and a percussion pistol but I would like something that doesn't jam.
Factory-made guns don't jam. Like, if you have something called an M-16 or an AK it won't jam. But if it's called Tri-barrel Zip-Gun or something - it will!

I think that all with the replies, so I'm gonna go celebrate some New Year! Have a great one, you guys!

Here's a festive screenshot

78b0cf0bf73a3ed7bcfc67e667d36deeb6bd3ab6.jpg

Atomboy

Atom Team
Developer
Got a question -

- i did not kill Grishka but let him go, reported to the Head that the snitch escaped and now i cant get any more quests from the Head of the village. I normally got quests from Dan and from Grishka at the factory. Is that a bug or ...
Missed your post. What happens when you go to the Factory? Doesn't Dan pay you for helping Grishka and send you to his test trial?

Raghar

Arcane
Vatnik
Is there no other way of getting into Krasno without getting ripped off by
the mongoloid looking guard? My Speechcraft and Barter are apparently not high enough, and I'd rather keep those 1k rubles...
I thought having high first aid during first conversation with him would fuck him up.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom