Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Eternity Avowed - Obsidian's first person action-RPG in the Pillars of Eternity setting - coming February 18th

Lord_Potato

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
Killed by Henry, of all people.
images

Baron Tahn

Scholar
Does everyone want Veilguard and Bloodlines 2 to fail on their own merits?
Not sure what you mean, I dont want them to fail at all. Id rather they be great games, I enjoyed both DA:Origins and Bloodlines and considering all the time and technology available to improve them these sequels should be excellent...Right? Nothing could possibly go wrong?

sosmoflux

Educated
Who's gonna chicken out first!
The self assured yet practical high testosterone of KCD
Or the self preserving yet volatile estrogen of Avowed

Roguey

Codex Staff
Staff Member
Sawyerite
Not sure what you mean, I dont want them to fail at all. Id rather they be great games, I enjoyed both DA:Origins and Bloodlines and considering all the time and technology available to improve them these sequels should be excellent...Right? Nothing could possibly go wrong?
Well Avowed moved to early 2025 out of a claim that late 2024 was too packed and now KCD 2 is moving out of late 2024, so if Failguard and Bloodlines 2 fail, it won't be because of fierce competition.

IHaveHugeNick

Arcane
Jokes aside, it really kinda seems doomed at this point. KCD is already looks much better in every way so more time in the oven can only make them them teabag Avowed even harder.

KeighnMcDeath

RPG Codex Boomer
Who in this has freckles? I guarantee there's an agenda. I've seen it in comics, TV, certain games. Is it a ginger takeover?

Seems odd to ask about a game that was supposed to come out in but a couple weeks, but:

What is Avowed gonna be? Like, for real. Except for yet another semi-open world-ish action RPG power fantasy, all set in the same universe as that piratey CRPG nobody has ever played. Except me.

Honestly, what's the pitch? That it looks kinda pretty? What game doesn't? That it may play pretty nice? Well, duh! That it runs on your PS5? Cowabungah! It seems all Obsidian can actually emotionally trigger is either nostalgia. Or a crave for moaaar of IPs that are not of their own making -- simply by developing sequels and spinoffs ever since they did cook one of those up in Feargie's 450-square-foot attic. Tragic.

No wonder they're afraid to compete with anyone. If you're a car salesman who can't sell cars, you move to someplace where nobody else does. But you.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
No wonder they're afraid to compete with anyone.

I'm going to quote ERYFKRAD because it's a great quote.

The weak have learned to become strong in numbers, and thus they forego the chance to become stronger on their own.

The majority of media, including games, is populated by meek, unambitious, mediocre creatives. There's very few with drive and passion left. They've been thoroughly driven away by a pathetic corporate culture that promotes design-by-committee, rather than visionary leaders.

The industry is vulnerable and in many ways, easy pickings. I hope that driven and talented developers return, because everything is currently a joke.

Old Hans

Arcane
Seems odd to ask about a game that was supposed to come out in but a couple weeks, but:

What is Avowed gonna be? Like, for real. Except for yet another semi-open world-ish action RPG power fantasy, all set in the same universe as that piratey CRPG nobody has ever played. Except me.

Honestly, what's the pitch? That it looks kinda pretty? What game doesn't? That it may play pretty nice? Well, duh! That it runs on your PS5? Cowabungah! It seems all Obsidian can actually emotionally trigger is either nostalgia. Or a crave for moaaar of IPs that are not of their own making -- simply by developing sequels and spinoffs ever since they did cook one of those up in Feargie's 450-square-foot attic. Tragic.

No wonder they're afraid to compete with anyone. If you're a car salesman who can't sell cars, you move to someplace where nobody else does. But you.
I havent seen anything that makes me think: "wow I never saw that before" it looks like the same old crap with a fresh coat of paint

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom