Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Cringe 3 compilation thread

Crispy

I feel... young!
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
So you're proposing I ban him from this thread as well? I assume you'll take full responsibility.

Nifft Batuff

Prophet
Take all the LGBT content out. The game will still be SHIT!

the problem is even if u delete all poz/sjw/cringe content... its still gonna have 174 hours of cutscenes

clicking through voice acted dialogue and waiting annoying characters to finish their line was never my type of gameplay

this games becoming movies shit is the worst decline in gaming... if i want movies, i go to the cinema
If you remove the cinematics it is still a good RPG. However dialogs tend also to be shorter and on point, when compared to the dialogs of BG1&2. Also you will never see 174 hours of cinematics in a playthrough. 174 hours includes all the possible variants and branching paths depending on classes, races, choices and a variety actions you can do.

ArchAngel

Arcane
I can see all the signs here...

So, will this game or Harry Potter take the Prestigious Codex award this year?
I would vote for D4 over BG3, at least in D4 you are not stopped every 5s by people telling you about all their problems while your companions are just waiting for you to try to pick up that soap on the ground..

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
I can see all the signs here...

So, will this game or Harry Potter take the Prestigious Codex award this year?

Yep, the writing on the wall/threads is suspiciously lacking in blood. I haven't been on the Codex for long in 'Codexian years' but there just doesn't seem to be enough rage, verbal shivs, or citations of justified and proportionate historical genocide for this to be a valid Codexian response to this game.

Maybe the BG3 trannys have...won the Codex over?. Or maybe like me, veteran BG players just can't compute this as BG3.

7QjElJa.png

Reddit-tier commentary.

How many times was the bear sexed?

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer
BG3 is essentially the perfect representation of wasted potential. If they had good writers, characters and world building that isn't a marvel movie with modern-day isms, this could've been something great.

Instead we got a competent 5e simulator with some of the most atrocious character writing I've ever seen.

JamesDixon

GM Extraordinaire
Patron
Dumbfuck
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut
BG3 is essentially the perfect representation of wasted potential. If they had good writers, characters and world building that isn't a marvel movie with modern-day isms, this could've been something great.

Instead we got a competent 5e simulator with some of the most atrocious character writing I've ever seen.

That's a high compliment to give to a shit rule system. Your rules are far better than what Wizards of Woke has shat out for the past 22 years.

Tyranicon

A Memory of Eternity
Developer

That's a high compliment to give to a shit rule system. Your rules are far better than what Wizards of Woke has shat out for the past 22 years.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not especially a fan of 5e. But I'm under no illusions that Wotc would allow Larian to use anything else for a BG game.

To their credit, Larian has made numerous changes to 5e for BG3. So many, in fact, that I wouldn't characterize the game as faithful to pnp rules at all. However, I haven't made up my mind whether or not their changes are good. They seem to have universally increased the power of all classes. Except maybe wizards.

But like I said, the game itself is at least competent, which I cannot say for the writing.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom