Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In

Man, D&D is massively gay anymore. I wish I didn't have this sick compulsion to drunkenly pre-order every piece of shit that I hear about. I'll be able to stop next time, right?
If it's a preorder, shouldn't you be able to refund it?
EA. Not the same. You play for more than 2 hours and you're done.

FriendlyMerchant

lS9MJJW.png

First Solasta and then Larian. Very progressive.

Johnny Biggums

Learned
This is a dumb shit take. It would be more work to put something in where they specifically misgender you as opposed to just having a variable that agrees with the player's choice like it would for anyone else.
You could also not put tranny garbage into the game, and make one with male and female characters.
You lost this battle years ago, how long are you going to cry about it?
Is there a word for this thing you do where you go around making shitty posts in every thread you can find?

Codex Year of the Donut
This is a dumb shit take. It would be more work to put something in where they specifically misgender you as opposed to just having a variable that agrees with the player's choice like it would for anyone else.
You could also not put tranny garbage into the game, and make one with male and female characters.
You lost this battle years ago, how long are you going to cry about it?
Is there a word for this thing you do where you go around making shitty posts in every thread you can find?
canadian

Sarkile

Magister
Patron

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
1e is too modern. We need to return to TRADITION. 1E or nothing.
*2e is too modern, you mean.

And it's not really about tradition. Just about 3e and everything after being progressively watered down by a corporation for mass appeal, though I guess 2e did that on some things to try to appease fundies.

So, yeah, I would be fine with returning to 1e, or a hybrid, but I would miss stuff like the Planescape setting if it were pure 1e.

I also wouldn't mind a 2.5E, similar to BG, where they brought in things like sorcerers from 3e, and things like assassins back from 1e (or from the thief handbook or whatever).

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

Imagine being in charge of translating from English to any romance/latin language(Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese), this languages are extremely gendered.

I would be fine with returning to 1e, or a hybrid, but I would miss stuff like the Planescape setting if it were pure 1e.

I also wouldn't mind a 2.5E, similar to BG, where they brought in things like sorcerers from 3e, and things like assassins back from 1e (or from the thief handbook or whatever).

Assassins are ok, sorcerers depends on the setting. In a setting where getting a single magic scroll is extremely hard to find, rare and expensive, they would be too op for that setting.

But woketards would NEVER give license to a 2E game.

The closest thing that we could have is a retroclone adapted into a CRPG. At best, we could get an retroclone.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
In a setting where getting a single magic scroll is extremely hard to find, rare and expensive, they would be too op for that setting.
Balance is boring. Just give them an XP penalty or something.
I really don't understand the licensing scheme for D&D. I know that 3.5e had some kind of more open license that enabled Paizo to make Wokefinder, but I guess it doesn't apply to 2E?

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron

The closest thing that we could have is a retroclone adapted into a CRPG. At best, we could get an retroclone.
In regard to Solasta, the only justification the developers would have for using the "5E D&D" rules is it was a necessary requirement for obtaining the license for the Dragonlance setting that they so obviously coveted. Since they weren't able to obtain that Dragonlance license, they lack any valid reason for relying on the "5E D&D" rules (which they don't even have the official license for) rather than a modified version ("retroclone") of the AD&D 1E or 2E rules.

The new Baldur's Gate is, of course, being developed with the official "5E D&D" rules license having been granted to Larian along with the Forgotten Realms setting, so they are constrained to depend upon it.

Not sure if there's another developer of fantasy CRPGs focused on turn-based, tactical combat that might have use for a retroclone D&D/AD&D ruleset. :M

Zeriel

Arcane

Imagine being in charge of translating from English to any romance/latin language(Italian, French, Spanish, Portuguese), this languages are extremely gendered.

I would be fine with returning to 1e, or a hybrid, but I would miss stuff like the Planescape setting if it were pure 1e.

Assassins are ok, sorcerers depends on the setting. In a setting where getting a single magic scroll is extremely hard to find, rare and expensive, they would be too op for that setting.

Did you see how they retroactively added a disclaimer to the shop for all their old products basically renouncing everything from the 90s and before? It's funny and sad.

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine
I know that 3.5e had some kind of more open license that enabled Paizo to make Wokefinder, but I guess it doesn't apply to 2E?

Rules can't be patented however, the IP can, so, you can make a 2E game, but you can't market as a D&D game, can't put some stuff like Beholders and mindflayers among other things. kotc uses 3.5E ruleset as low magical age and other games.

ey retroactively added a disclaimer to the shop for all their old products basically renouncing everything from the 90s and before? It's funny and sad.

Well said. TSR >>>> Woketards of the C***

it aint going away folks, might as well get used to it, however much it grinds yours and my gears.

Disagreed.

Is a matter of time till ESG investments run out of money and all of this woke bullshit collapses.

I don't spend money in woke garbage, when I bought BG3, I paid in Argentine pesos and din't saw woke bs which they added now.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Codex still crying about a completely optional thing.

And it's an RPG, you know what that means? ROLE PLAYING, if trannies want their pronous let them, nobody is forcing you to use or even see that sh*t.

I need those extra points from woke game reviewers

mastroego

Arcane
being offended by identity politics in games in 2022..

lol. where the hell have u guys been these past 5 years.

it aint going away folks, might as well get used to it, however much it grinds yours and my gears.

I'm not going to finance blatant wokeism, thanks for your input though.

Zeriel

Arcane

And it's an RPG, you know what that means? ROLE PLAYING, if trannies want their pronous let them, nobody is forcing you to use or even see that sh*t.

It's not "optional". If someone displays mental illness, I'm forced to assume that impinges on everything else they produce and think too. This is not some minor disagreement over economic distribution. It's either a complete inability to comprehend material reality, or worse, a rank cowardice where you pretend you are mentally ill but aren't actually.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
being offended by identity politics in games in 2022..

lol. where the hell have u guys been these past 5 years.

"Just ignore it and it'll go away!" ---> "Don't like it, don't buy it!" ---> "It's not going away, chud!" ---> "Suck the femine penis or else...!"

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

It's not "optional". If someone displays mental illness, I'm forced to assume that impinges on everything else they produce and think too. This is not some minor disagreement over economic distribution. It's either a complete inability to comprehend material reality, or worse, a rank cowardice where you pretend you are mentally ill but aren't actually.
Who or what is displaying mental illness in BG3? It's just a stupid OPTIONAL prompt when creating a character.

If there are NPC's in the actual game who are "none binairy" you are right but so far that is not the case.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom