Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Reinhardt

Arcane
nMeewCe.jpeg
6. WE WUZ KANGZ! :negative:

Black

Arcane
Think about it, by the time it releases there will already be people who'll be able to say "I played this game for years".

Last edited:
I mean, I'm happy a proper reaction system is now a thing and I'll take it over having a dumb automated system, but I'm not sure how Larian watched at Solasta and decided "Since we have 40 times their budget, we are doing the same thing but worse".
No confirmation prompt should ever need to be a big ass window covering two thirds of the screen.

Larianshill

Arbiter
Meh, I'm sure they'll improve upon the design with time. I'm just happy it's in at all, it's a very unlikely event. The Dragon Age audience that the game attracted thanks to Astarion doesn't want reaction prompts to interrupt their cinematic gay vampire sex simulator, but looks like Swen knows who his real audience is.

Shrimp

Arbiter
I mean, I'm happy a proper reaction system is now a thing and I'll take it over having a dumb automated system, but I'm not sure how Larian watched at Solasta and decided "Since we have 40 times their budget, we are doing the same thing but worse".
No confirmation prompt should ever need to be a big ass window covering two thirds of the screen.
I'm guessing they drew some inspiration from the interface they currently use for applying modifiers and spells during dice rolls where it shows all available actions at once.
They could easily cut out the part where it says companion X and Y don't have any available reactions and it'd be fine.

gongal

Scholar
"We’ve added the option to choose your character's identity and included non-binary support. In English, we now support they/them pronouns. Other languages will follow."

Swen was always giving that weirdo vibe impression, but now actually turned out to be a full blown clown suffering through his mid-life crisis.

Anyone who's still exctited to play this slop (especially after seeing the recent trailer) should really seek some help. This is some top tier, out of touch, MCU/mid to late 2000's Bioware cringe.

Last edited:

Shrimp

Arbiter
Watch Codexers do everything they can to diminish positive new features in order to stay within their autistic bubble of hate for this game.
Would you prefer if the posts both started and finished with clarifying that the feature being talked about is a welcome addition after 2 years in early access - even if the implementation could be improved upon?
The game's got a budget in the hundreds of millions so I think it's more than reasonable to expect core features to not be implemented in such a half assed way

Tenebris

Scholar
Not even a little surprised they bothered the nonbinary shit. Hopefully the rest of the game is at least passable.

Bah

Arcane
Bleh, they broke Steam/Proton compatibility with patch 9 -- appears to require .Net 6.0 which is not yet something that protontricks/winetricks can install.

For other linux users, the .Net 6 runtime requirement might only be for the retarded launcher. The following custom launch command in 'Properties | Launch Options' bypasses the launcher.

eval $( echo WINEDLLOVERRIDES=”cchromaeditorlibrary64=” "%command%" | sed "s/Launcher\/LariLauncher.exe'.*/bin\/bg3_dx11.exe'/" )

But also recommend deleting steamapps/compatdata/1086940 and let steam rebuild the wine prefix. This solved a few other issues I was hitting since the prefix was created years ago when EA first was released.

And finally, couldn't get the game to launch with default version of Proton, but worked well with latest Glorious Eggroll (GE-Proton7-42).

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
"We’ve added the option to choose your character's identity and included non-binary support. In English, we now support they/them pronouns. Other languages will follow."

Swen was always giving that weirdo vibe impression, but now actually turned out to be a full blown clown suffering through his mid-life crisis.

Anyone who's still exctited to play this slop (especially after seeing the recent trailer) should really seek some help. This is some top tier, out of touch, MCU/mid to late 2000's Bioware cringe.

Or people can just do what I did, and pay attention to the trailers when it came out, realise it's gonna be shit, lose interest but faintly hope there might be a game in there for the next few years and then lose interest altogether and forget about why it might have been good because it's BG3. And how can they fuck that up?.

Then a trailer comes out after 3 to 4 years with Jaheira in it and your interest gets slightly interested again. And then you relearn the stuff you forgot, realise it's gonna be shit, and lose interest again.

And every time you check in and wonder if it can possibly be as shit as it looks to be, you get rebound-shit flung at you by Larian shills because...it's not cringy, it's just you - the edgy Codexian wallowing in nostalgia.

All I want to know is - if this game has ogre and bugbear sex but doesn't have a lesbian threesome with Jaheira, Viconia, and Aerie; then how can it possibly be called BG3?.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
Nothing about this game impresses me I will stay away. I don't like the music directing, the orchestration, the UI...the characters dialog. The flow of the game. Be able to reach the underworld with such ease. The whole thing seems silly. I have watched some no commentary videos and the game isn't for me.

Zeriel

Arcane
The fact that every r34 for this game is futa shit really does say a lot about its target audience. The designated tranny RPG of 2023, sure to be Infinitron's GOTY.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom