Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Me too, because I'll choke you on it after I rip it off.
Then I guess I'll have to tape your mouth shut and go for your back door instead.

The last time I read dialogue like this it was in the latest Pathfinder game. Keep it going and you'll give Larian some ammo...

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
The fact that every r34 for this game is futa shit really does say a lot about its target audience. The designated tranny RPG of 2023, sure to be Infinitron's GOTY.

THere's a futa in it? Oh wow. Well if I consider myself to be at all connected to the Codex, I gotta buy it now.

Zeriel

Arcane

Chippy

Arcane
Patron
You lost this battle years ago, how long are you going to cry about it?
Trannies are subhuman trash. They should never feel accepted.
Just another form of gays, yet here you are.

Trannies are fine. Distorting your world view to pander to their mental illness is the issue. It has never been about them "existing". It's about what the reaction to them says about other people.

Do I get a futa romance companion with a huge cock if I preorder? Is it +1" in length per DLC and extra girth for the collector's edition?. Wait - what about futa + succubus with tail? Now there's some possibilities.

Zeriel

Arcane
Watch Codexers do everything they can to diminish positive new features in order to stay within their autistic bubble of hate for this game.
Personally, I had almost a good feeling about it, until I saw the last trailer.

For me it was playing it when it first released in early access. Getting hit with the giggle squee romance fumes before you even leave the tutorial is quite a thing to experience.

mastroego

Arcane
That's what I meant I think.
I didn't follow this very closely, but one year or so ago I remember seeing Mindflayers and other cool stuff, and I was like, who knows, perhaps they'll really try to do something that takes us back to the BG era.

But of course there's nothing about that and everything about the woke.

Zeriel

Arcane
Looking forward to the non-binary orcs.
We all know it's just going to be a bunch of super OC Oathbreaker Tieflings.

The post 3e tieflings are kind of already "MY OC DONUT STEEL!!!1" by default anyway. That's a problem with most of how D&D is written now to be honest. All the "cool" things had their cool sucked out of them by being compromised and normalized. Like, it's fine for not all drow to be evil or not all orcs to be evil as was already the case in 2e, but once it becomes the majority is just humans with different traits the whole purpose of them existing is undermined and you're left with a really stupid setting.

Koolz

Learned
Possibly Retarded
DnD for me existed in the late 80s and so did Conan! I have no idea what all this pink shit is!
And he had Heavy Metal magazine and Luis Royo.

Zed Duke of Banville

Dungeon Master
Patron
DnD for me existed in the late 80s and so did Conan! I have no idea what all this pink shit is!
And he had Heavy Metal magazine and Luis Royo.
And Conan illustrated by TSR's D&D/AD&D artists:

cn2-cn1.jpg
cn2-cn2.jpg

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
We’ve added the option to choose your character's identity and included non-binary support. In English, we now support they/them pronouns. Other languages will follow.
Of course these snow niggers would bend the knee on this.

What a waste of everyone's time this update is. After all the hype, you get a new level, a new class and the option to specify what kind of quasi-gendered freak you are.

Makes me concerned for the state of the actual game.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
Man, D&D is massively gay anymore. I wish I didn't have this sick compulsion to drunkenly pre-order every piece of shit that I hear about. I'll be able to stop next time, right?

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
"We’ve added the option to choose your character's identity and included non-binary support. In English, we now support they/them pronouns. Other languages will follow."

Swen was always giving that weirdo vibe impression, but now actually turned out to be a full blown clown suffering through his mid-life crisis.
In fairness, they stuck it at the bottom of the anouncement and waited until this last update to implement it. Not exactly a priority. Compare that to games like Space Wreck, where the option to be a tranny is one of their main advertised features. Or The Sims 4 where they did an entire update around being a tranny.

Non-Edgy Gamer

Grand Dragon
Patron
Glory to Ukraine
Strap Yourselves In
Man, D&D is massively gay anymore. I wish I didn't have this sick compulsion to drunkenly pre-order every piece of shit that I hear about. I'll be able to stop next time, right?
I normally never preorder, but they got me with nostalgia. The game is fantastic RPG-wise, but there was really no advantage to ordering EA. You've basically been able to play a demo to the main game for 3 years, with minor updates.

Sarkile

Magister
Patron
If it's a preorder, shouldn't you be able to refund it?
I was reading GOG's FAQ on it, and it looks like you have 30 days for early access which would put me out of luck.

racofer

Thread Incliner
"We’ve added the option to choose your character's identity and included non-binary support. In English, we now support they/them pronouns. Other languages will follow."

Swen was always giving that weirdo vibe impression, but now actually turned out to be a full blown clown suffering through his mid-life crisis.

Anyone who's still exctited to play this slop (especially after seeing the recent trailer) should really seek some help. This is some top tier, out of touch, MCU/mid to late 2000's Bioware cringe.
And just yesterday I was thinking about giving BG3 a try.

360d9f9b8792ee945f2ccd39ebd07e46.gif

mediocrepoet

Philosoraptor in Residence
Patron
Codex 2012 Codex+ Now Streaming! MCA Project: Eternity Divinity: Original Sin 2

Anyone who's still exctited to play this slop (especially after seeing the recent trailer) should really seek some help. This is some top tier, out of touch, MCU/mid to late 2000's Bioware cringe.
And just yesterday I was thinking about giving BG3 a try.
Wow. What else were you thinking of buying but then decided not to? We'd love to know.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom