Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
Any info on how the multiplayer split screen is supposed to work out in PS5? Are players tied to each other, can they go separate ways?
It worked flawlessly on console for the Divinity: OS. I played that one with my brother, and both of us enjoyed it.
From the trailer, it seems like players are free to visit different places. The question is just how free.

Anonona

Learned
The question is just how free
If the system is like D:OS 2 at least, then you are free to go everywhere and do any quest independently of each other, but one player cannot advance to the next chapter without the other. So it would be feasible for one player to go pick daisies on the fields while the other reach the end of the chapter and kills everything that moves, but both would need to proceed to the next chapter together. You could also break party and kill each other, even if there was no real reason to do, at least for the most part (there are some exceptions related to quests). This applied both to online/lan play and splitscreen (and any combination of both, as you could play online while playing splitscreen).

I would asume BG3 will have the same system, unless someone can confirm it won't be the case.

Incognito

Backlog incliner
Patron
Any info on how the multiplayer split screen is supposed to work out in PS5? Are players tied to each other, can they go separate ways?
It worked flawlessly on console for the Divinity: OS. I played that one with my brother, and both of us enjoyed it.
From the trailer, it seems like players are free to visit different places. The question is just how free.

Interesting, didn’t know that about D:OS since I played on PC.

I wonder how is story progress maintained. In essence this is a single player game, so there must be some barriers to keep both players actions from f’ing up the main storyline.

Incognito

Backlog incliner
Patron
The question is just how free
If the system is like D:OS 2 at least, then you are free to go everywhere and do any quest independently of each other, but one player cannot advance to the next chapter without the other. So it would be feasible for one player to go pick daisies on the fields while the other reach the end of the chapter and kills everything that moves, but both would need to proceed to the next chapter together. You could also break party and kill each other, even if there was no real reason to do, at least for the most part (there are some exceptions related to quests). This applied both to online/lan play and splitscreen (and any combination of both, as you could play online while playing splitscreen).

I would asume BG3 will have the same system, unless someone can confirm it won't be the case.

Thanks for clarifying. I never knew you could do this on the Divinity games and now I wanna try it.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
I will stay as far away as possible from any audio of this game and the game it's self.

Happy for their success though.
Going to lick so many tears here when larian haters will see the astounding critical and commercial success of BG3.

"muh RTWP" "muh day/night cycle" "muh Divinity 3" Suck it bitches!

Going to be glorious!

I find the obbligation to wear a skin suit triggering. I am a being of the ether. I will not be contained in a fleshy jail!

I seriously hope they are working on optimizing the game as we speak. Really, really hoping.

I will probably get around to playing this before D:OS2. I still haven't made it off the beach, lol. I don't expect this game to feel like BG, but I do expect it to be a very high quality game. I'm annoyed that there will be cameos, but whatever. There is no way any of this game will be considered as part of the BG saga. It's BG in name only, and everyone knows it. I will still probably wait a year like I normally do. I'll be interested in not only playing a complete game, but when Larian inevitably improves its poor late chapters. I plan on using PnP restoration mods as well. Those should be out by then.

Ryzer

Arcane
We all are going to buy a copy or two of it and gonna like it a LOT so that Belgium economy will be pumped up to superpower status.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
Going to be glorious!

The unique glorious modern AAA game is Elden Ring.

There is no way any of this game will be considered as part of the BG saga.

Considering Woketards of the C*** recent history, be glad that they din't retconed Baalspawn saga as a transgender baalspawn fighting against patriarchy or shit like that.
Isn't it very fitting and even traditional for Abrahamic lore inspired demons to be transsexual and in general sexually deviant?
Christian art and stories certainly portray the devil as the kind of guy to have a rimjob while getting a blowjob while pinching his nipples.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Unique? Just Demon's souls in an open world.

Bg3 will be the game that popularizes crpg's, mark my words.

Bg3 will be like what the witcher 3 was for CDprojekt red, the game that makes Larian and shoots me into epic stardom alongside Miyamoto and Carmack.

Percy

Cipher

Bg3 will be the game that popularizes crpg's, mark my words.

Bg3 will be like what the witcher 3 was for CDprojekt red, the game that makes Larian and shoots me into epic stardom alongside Miyamoto and Carmack.
You're wrong and gay but thank you for trying

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
You're wrong
Elden Ring is just a *Souls game, with very little "new" in it.
BG3 will sell much more than you'd expect from the genre, and on multiple systems.
It is the most heavily marketed game Larian ever did, and I expect their fastest selling. They'll have a much easier time raising funds after BG3 releases so they can have their own Cyberpunk flop
Where's the wrong?

Cryomancer

Arcane
Glory to Ukraine

That is exactly why is great. Open World is great and Demon souls is great, is greatness². A high quality of a AAA product without the handholding, linearity, low lethality rotation/cooldown managing style combat and tons of other problems which plagues modern AAA studios.

Their UI if their UI was made by bugsoft. BTW, Elden Ring has D/N cycle and enemies which only spawn at certain times.

Bx24iKj.png

Bg3 will be like what the witcher 3 was for CDprojekt red

So after Bg3, Larian will try to become a ESG company, hire a lot of diversity hires and produce completely bugged products?

Last edited:

Terenty

Liturgist
Holy downgrade, I swear it looks worse and worse graphically the more they show. Wtf happened to the lighting and particle effects?

Not gonna lie I was hyped for the game after playing a bit of the first iteration of EA, but now it looks so fucking generic and flat
Citation needed. Pull up an old vid for comparison.

I've owned the game since release and I don't see the downgrade. More likely it just seems dated now that you're comparing this 2+ year old modified Divinity engine to modern titles.

Most I can see in that vid is maybe lower resolution textures than PC.
I think it looks better here

The colours are richer, not as washed out, the lighting is on point, nothing looks flat.

I played the early access myself and was impressed by how it looked like, now it looks absolutely unimpressive

Percy

Cipher
You're wrong
Elden Ring is just a *Souls game, with very little "new" in it.
BG3 will sell much more than you'd expect from the genre, and on multiple systems.
It is the most heavily marketed game Larian ever did, and I expect their fastest selling. They'll have a much easier time raising funds after BG3 releases so they can have their own Cyberpunk flop
Where's the wrong?

Where's the right?

Delterius

Arcane
We all are going to buy a copy or two of it and gonna like it a LOT so that Belgium economy will be pumped up to superpower status.
Real Belgian patriots, such as myself, already bought it when the early access released.
its like printing your own money since belgium is now 2/3rds driven by LarianBonds

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom