Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

Shrimp

Arbiter
Do you already own Baldur’s Gate 3 on PC? Are you planning to purchase it in Early Access before launch? You’re going to get a free upgrade to the Digital Deluxe edition on launch day!
That's nice at least, even if I don't care too much about the stuff that comes along with it.

covr

Prophet
Patron
What a terrible trailer. It looks disgusting, sounds even worse. That music piece does not fit anything we see on screen and has no resemblance to original BG music. This whole trailer does not make sense.

Padzi

Arbiter
6kj7lrf4f0ka1.png

I can't believe we will be fighting J. Jonah Jameson.

Saduj

Arcane
If I didn't know anything about the game, the trailer would give me the impression that this is an over the shoulder ARPG. Why so many from behind shots of characters running?

Abu Antar

Turn-based Poster
Patron
Enjoy the Revolution! Another revolution around the sun that is. Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Pathfinder: Wrath I'm very into cock and ball torture I helped put crap in Monomyth
If I didn't know anything about the game, the trailer would give me the impression that this is an over the shoulder ARPG. Why so many from behind shots of characters running?
Got to grab the console audience. The trailer was shown at Sony's State of Play.

Alienman

Retro-Fascist
Patron
Codex 2016 - The Age of Grimoire Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Codex Year of the Donut Shadorwun: Hong Kong Divinity: Original Sin 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Got to grab the console audience. The trailer was shown at Sony's State of Play.
Gonna get pissed if only console users get the over-the-shoulder view/third-person controls. The game is beautiful enough to have it, and for combat to switch to a top-down view.

ferratilis

Magister
JK Simmons is a great actor, but let's be honest, he can't hold a candle to David Warner's work on Irenicus.

Also, based on all these trailers so far, am I right to assume that this game won't have any epic encounters like Firkraag, Kangaxx, dungeons that come even close to Durlag's Tower? Would 5e even allow for something that engaging?

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
How are you supposed to be a holy knight in this game if all or nearly all of your "companions" are either outright evil, worshipping Shar, or have some pact with a devil, or are in some other way an evil alien thing that paladins normally would smite on-sight?

LizardWizard

Prophet
How are you supposed to be a holy knight in this game if all or nearly all of your "companions" are either outright evil, worshipping Shar, or have some pact with a devil, or are in some other way an evil alien thing that paladins normally would smite on-sight?

Cleanse the poorly written thots

Vengeance better be in at release though, so I can roll with fantasy Batman

King Crispy

Too bad I have no queen.
Patron
Staff Member
Strap Yourselves In
I've never attempted to "solo" a game like this before; unthinkable for me in IWD (sorry to make the comparison, but it's inevitable) because I value party-based adventuring too much.

But, if I do attempt to play this one the whole way through, it might be worth it... with their so-called "holy warrior".

Does anyone know if exp points in this turd are divided between all party members like in the previous BG games? Quickly out-leveling most content with a solo knight sounds almost... fun.

Late Bloomer

Scholar
The character creation sequence sure was odd. I noticed a few things upon closer inspection.

Black Elf - Body Type 2 - Identity Male
Black Tiefling - Body Type 1 - Identity Female
Puke Githyanki - Body Type 1 - Identity Female
Black Mixed Dwarf - Body Type 2 - Identity Male

Is Black and puke colored people their core audience? It looks like the villian of the game is an aged White man.

Timestamped

Desiderius

Found your egg, Robinett, you sneaky bastard
Patron
Insert Title Here Pathfinder: Wrath

Many such cases

Is Black and puke colored people their core audience? It looks like the villian of the game is an aged White man.

Black (or female) washing fan service is the tek. Same reason everybody in ads are blax/wimmen. Let's them pander harder with plausible deniability.

Lacrymas

Arcane
Pathfinder: Wrath
You don't have alignment restrictions anymore and 5E isn't about smiting people, it's about a kumbaya gathering of diverse, stunning and brave individuals who don't judge others.

Larianshill

Arbiter
The companions are not particularly good, that's true. But they're not particularly evil either. If you follow Larian's outlined evil path and side with the goblins in the Grove, slaughtering the druids, here's how each of them react:
Shar worshipper is upset and gets blackout drunk.
Warlock either leaves or attacks you.
Wizard leaves the party, unless you pass a DC20 persuasion check, and even then you get a huge disapproval boost.
The githyanki has no opinion no matter what happens.
The vampire is a little bit amused by the whole thing, but doesn't really care.
The full game will also feature Karlach, the tiefling paladin, who will also leave or attack you as per datamining.

Larian made all companions morally ambiguous, with some darkness to each of them, but none of them feel like they've been designed for the evil playthrough in mind, none of them explicitly approve of it. Lae'zel is probably the most evil companion, but she's fanatically opposed the game's villains and hates you for embracing the tadpole.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom