Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
8cb5e-16901803479168-1920.jpg

Ouch, that's a hard pass :D
Its an Adoring Fan character, that you almost certainly want to kill in an amusing way.
Unless you are a cucked paladin, that is.

Reinhardt

Arcane
heh, i hope after release larian will post most popular dream waifu options people chose. including xir penis size. will be entertaining read.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I realised now that BG3 has full companion respec, we finally have proof that Owlcat's design is already causing irreperable dame to the CRPG genre.

No one is forcing you to use respec btw.

MORE OPTIONS IS LE BAD!
As long as game designers don't try to design around such a feature, it remains completely optional and an equivalent of a built-in cheat or debug mode.

Designing around any feature requires additional mental effort, so I guess we are safe.

whydoibother

Arcane
Patron
Codex Year of the Donut
As long as game designers don't try to design around such a feature, it remains completely optional and an equivalent of a built-in cheat or debug mode.
Given how late they announced it, and probably as damage control against everyone complaining Shadowheart's stats and build is bad, I don't think the game expects you to respec.

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron
red*it class/race poll

v7dtkevg2udb1.png

2wyj4cxe2udb1.png
That's interesting, I think way back at the start of EA Larian said that cleric was the most popular class, so either reddit are outliers (absolutely possible) or all the clerics were just closeted paladins waiting for their preferred class to be released

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
Given how late they announced it, and probably as damage control against everyone complaining Shadowheart's stats and build is bad, I don't think the game expects you to respec.
Indeed, origin characters will also stay their orignal class in conversations even if you changed it to something else.

AwesomeButton

Proud owner of BG 3: Day of Swen's Tentacle
Patron
PC RPG Website of the Year, 2015 Make the Codex Great Again! Grab the Codex by the pussy Insert Title Here RPG Wokedex Divinity: Original Sin 2 A Beautifully Desolate Campaign Pillars of Eternity 2: Deadfire Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag. Pathfinder: Wrath
I was considering between Cleric and Paladin, and I'll go with a Paladin fanatic with no understanding of moral nuance and a simplistic black and white worldview. Let's see how the game handles such a character.

Reinhardt

Arcane
red*it class/race poll

v7dtkevg2udb1.png

2wyj4cxe2udb1.png
That's interesting, I think way back at the start of EA Larian said that cleric was the most popular class, so either reddit are outliers (absolutely possible) or all the clerics were just closeted paladins waiting for their preferred class to be released
or just people vote one thing and in game chose another. that's why i'm more interested not in what they pick as main character but what they pick as your dream waifu you create in game.
will be good survey about what romance people actually want.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom