Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 Early Access Thread [GAME RELEASED, GO TO NEW THREAD]

SmartCheetah

Arcane
Creating a Drow Paladin should be a bannable offence.
All thanks to the shitty author Salvatore and one of his most terribly written characters who instantly became fan favorite.
While I consider most of his writing below avarage, he had few pretty cool characters. Drizzt wasn't one of them. He was fucking soulless edgy emo 180° abomination with "fancy artifacts". And that was enough to make stupid people fell in love.
Some other drow characters in Faerun were much better.

Hopefully Drows NPC's will be at least 80% evil /20% good in BG3.

Fedora Master

STOP POSTING
Patron
Edgy
I'm sure special snowflakes tried making "unusual" characters long before Drizzt. He is just the best know example.

Longes

Augur
The drow paladin whom you can recruit into your party really gets off on genocide and can only be recruited if you help her slaughter some tiefling refugees. So don't worry about that.

0HfZcGi.png

Minthara my beloved...

Gradenmayer

Learned
The drow paladin whom you can recruit into your party really gets off on genocide and can only be recruited if you help her slaughter some tiefling refugees. So don't worry about that.

0HfZcGi.png

Minthara my beloved...
Didn’t she betray you no matter what? They actually made her a full- fledged companion now?

Gradenmayer

Learned
I was considering between Cleric and Paladin, and I'll go with a Paladin fanatic with no understanding of moral nuance and a simplistic black and white worldview. Let's see how the game handles such a character.
Isn’t that just Oath Of Vengeance, which will be added on release? Don’t think it will struggle in handling it.

Longes

Augur

0HfZcGi.png

Minthara my beloved...
Didn’t she betray you no matter what? They actually made her a full- fledged companion now?
Yeah, she's a party member in the full release. Mutually exclusive with Halsin (the infamous bear druid)

Gradenmayer

Learned

0HfZcGi.png

Minthara my beloved...
Yeah, she's a party member in the full release. Mutually exclusive with Halsin (the infamous bear druid)
Damn, looks like that 33% extra content will pay off. Poor Halsin has no chance of surviving now.

Longes

Augur

0HfZcGi.png

Minthara my beloved...
Damn, looks like that 33% extra content will pay off. Poor Halsin has no chance of surviving now.
maxresdefault.jpg

Drow wife wants the world painted red, and I'm going to paint it for her.

I can't think of another game where you can build a wizad as a melee fighter with summoned magical weapons, and have that be a very effective build. Just as effective as a tradional crowd control wizard build.
Outward.

Rune Mage + Warrior Monk or Hunter + Anything really. Or Spellword for enhance weapons. You can even go Rune Mage + Spellword to enhance your summoned Runic Blade. If you summon a Great Runic Blade it also acts as a lexicon so you don't need the book, which obviously because the great sword is a two handed weapon. And sense you don't care about durability of your summoned blade you can freely use Elemental Discharge off cool down. With a third breakthrough point available for a close combat class.

Last edited:

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

0HfZcGi.png

Minthara my beloved...
maxresdefault.jpg

Drow wife wants the world painted red, and I'm going to paint it for her.
She wants it in the ass

jaekl

CHUD LIFE
Patron
What a surprise, there's actually a dark elf paladin in game and it's just as cringe as your average redditor

So now nearing the release, what's the thought of having story elements narrated? I personally dislike it. It makes me feel disconnected from the game. Especially since everything is already visually established and animated. It just comes off as unnecessary to me.
narration audio slider, put it at 0%
8cb5e-16901803479168-1920.jpg

Ouch, that's a hard pass :D
Its an Adoring Fan character, that you almost certainly want to kill in an amusing way.
Unless you are a cucked paladin, that is.
surely even a cucked paladin can take the back seat while a different party member pushes him off a tall drop? :smug:

processdaemon

Scholar
Patron

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom