Putting the 'role' back in role-playing games since 2002.
Donate to Codex
Good Old Games
  • Welcome to rpgcodex.net, a site dedicated to discussing computer based role-playing games in a free and open fashion. We're less strict than other forums, but please refer to the rules.

"This message is awaiting moderator approval": All new users must pass through our moderation queue before they will be able to post normally. Until your account has "passed" your posts will only be visible to yourself (and moderators) until they are approved. Give us a week to get around to approving / deleting / ignoring your mundane opinion on crap before hassling us about it. Once you have passed the moderation period (think of it as a test), you will be able to post normally, just like all the other retards.

Baldur's Gate Baldur's Gate 3 RELEASE THREAD

Lyric Suite

Converting to Islam
Larian forums are also filled with "can i romance this? Question about romance. Can i have threesome?" etc.

Steam forums meanwhile is in full culture war mode, with trolls and baiters getting into the mix as well.

Reading some of those threads, it seems that the gay shit is in the game as well. That is, it's not just about your companions wanting to fuck you, you'll find gay sex in the game world's itself.

Konjad

Patron
Strap Yourselves In Codex Year of the Donut Codex+ Now Streaming! Torment: Tides of Numenera Wasteland 2 Steve gets a Kidney but I don't even get a tag.
Just the first page on LL:
W8zvLXf.jpg
Larian is the new BioWare (but with a good combat) while BioWare falls into obscurity.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter
mods will fix it
but yeah act 2 so far has been easy

Swen was having a good run. But this promise was just an utter falsehood. Game only got easier after Act 1 :(
Seriously you guys are overpowered or you just know 5e too well.

Most are complaining the game is too hard lol.

most people are retards regarding game mechanics when u have millions of players
compared to people who for example play KOTC2 you need autism to play that

and as I said act 2 has been easy, act 1 had couple fights that took multiple tries (1 of em had gimmick which took a while to figure out)
True, oh well it's a necessary sacrifice to sell well sadly.

Maybe we'll get another difficulty option in the future

Space Satan

Arcane
Vatnik
Regarding "is there a price for Illithid powers" I suppose animation of your brain and another Illithid larvae burrowing into it and black veins appearing should give you a hint, but there's always a chance to roll 1 on wisdom and intellect checks.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
mods will fix it

Swen was having a good run. But this promise was just an utter falsehood. Game only got easier after Act 1 :(

most people are retards regarding game mechanics when u have millions of players

and as I said act 2 has been easy, act 1 had couple fights that took multiple tries (1 of em had gimmick which took a while to figure out)

Nah, I'm confident we'll get a great difficulty mod. The game selling so well all but guarantees it. The game could use -10-20% XP as well, and that'll be one of the first mods.

And fortunately the encounter design makes up for the lacklustre difficulty. It's some of the best I've ever seen. Almost no encounters feel like they just threw some monsters into a location, it's very impressive.

Nerevar

N'wah
Patron
Repressed Homosexual
Make the Codex Great Again! Pathfinder: Wrath
What is the power of a squid compared to a god? I'm a legitimate Bhaalspawn not just some dark urge nonsense.

Bravo to Larian for including dark urge I think this is the canon CHARNAME option.

ColonelMace

Educated
Larian is the new BioWare
Of all the contestants for this coveted title -which comes with the most obnoxious yet faithful fanbase imaginable- who could have guessed, back in 2013, that Larian would take the crown ?

It's funny to imagine Obsidian, at this very momeent, furiously scratching all the companion interactions they planned, and may have already started to implement in their skyrim-like game, realising they can't compete with the woodstock orgy happening in this one, while dozens of millions are now expecting to be able to fuck their crewmates in every position, like in the good ol' days of Mass Erect :smug:

Kiste

Augur
It is quite easy to rework the system, really. Just toss it all in the garbage and fetch the 2nd edition books.
I love AD&D 2nd Edition but it does have issues of its own, mainly melee classes being fucking boring and a joke. Fighters in the PHB get fuck all. HP, lower Thac0, proficiencies and specializations.... and that's it? The Combat & Tactics splatbook intodroduced weapon masteries.

The problem with procifiency, specialization and mastery is that it doesn't really open up new options for the fighter. It's just straight up better hit, more attacks and maybe a tiny damage bonus. It's dreadfully boring.

The class kits from the Complete Fighter splatbook didn't really add anything of relevance either and most of the kits were purely RP fluff anyway. IIRC, only the Berserker kit even did something new in terms of class mechanics.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
mods will fix it

Nah, I'm confident we'll get a great difficulty mod. The game selling so well all but guarantees it. The game could use -10-20% XP as well, and that'll be one of the first mods.

And fortunately the encounter design makes up for the lacklustre difficulty. It's some of the best I've ever seen. Almost no encounters feel like they just threw some monsters into a location, it's very impressive.

What I do think is very disappointing is some obvious AI mistakes. AI is always dogshit, that's just the way it is, but the AI attacking first and THEN using Hunter's Mark afterwards is unforgivable in a game with this long a development cycle.

Lemming42

Arcane
Just met the Tressym
on the rooftop.

Amazing voice acting.

I can already tell that I'm going to do a full replay of this game not long after finishing it and really comb every area for secrets and hidden shit. That's the mark of a quality game. WELL DONE SWEN ET AL

whats up with those preset faces? Even Cyberpunk allowed for more customization freedom. If you want to play as a white guy there's only white guy face and that's it.

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron
whats up with those preset faces? Even Cyberpunk allowed for more customization freedom. If you want to play as a white guy there's only white guy face and that's it.
The lack of face options is due to facial animation limitations I heard.

Your character makes expressions so much its hardly surprising they had to limit that. And even with the limits, it's still extremely hit or miss. Some make you go "ok that was actually pretty good" and others take you for a ride to the deepest trench of the uncanny valley.

Swen

Scholar
Shitposter

Your character makes expressions so much its hardly surprising they had to limit that. And even with the limits, it's still extremely hit or miss. Some make you go "ok that was actually pretty good" and others take you for a ride to the deepest trench of the uncanny valley.
Or maybe Larian wanted to put more resources in other things besides retarded faces

Grunker

RPG Codex Ghost
Patron

Or maybe Larian wanted to put more resources in other things besides retarded faces

They’ve put a ton of effort into having a billion different animations, so the evidence suggest otherwise

Lemming42

Arcane
Obviously I have zero understanding of the tech, but I can't tell why they couldn't just put those animations onto whatever dumb alterations the player wants to make to a preset face. Like I assume it'll take about three seconds for someone to come out with a mod that lets you move the nose slider way up or whatever.

If it is a tradeoff, it definitely hasn't paid off, the facial animations for the player are pretty bad and playing as a preset face makes your character feel way less personal.

As an Amazon Associate, rpgcodex.net earns from qualifying purchases.
Back
Top Bottom